City Banned from CL for 2 years

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by SteveO 35 »

More chance of plaiting fog than this ban being enforced

augie

Post by augie »

Rat face Neville has gone on a right anti FFP rant on sky and if people are honest, I don't think anyone can disagree with what he said - he said FFP is anti competitive and is there to ensure that smaller clubs will never be allowed to step up and be consistent challengers for the big trophies. He didn't come straight out and blame the foreign big clubs for this, but he did say that the anti competitive sentiment is against everything that English football stands for

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm
Rat face Neville has gone on a right anti FFP rant on sky and if people are honest, I don't think anyone can disagree with what he said - he said FFP is anti competitive and is there to ensure that smaller clubs will never be allowed to step up and be consistent challengers for the big trophies. He didn't come straight out and blame the foreign big clubs for this, but he did say that the anti competitive sentiment is against everything that English football stands for
Lol - he did have to come out and state his vested interest in Salford City though !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Stevie mee has said he'd be very interested if they take away Cities 2014 title. I kid you fucking not. :banghead:

Anything to get a medal that :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm
Lol - he did have to come out and state his vested interest in Salford City though !
Yeah, can't really come out and say that it's all wrong and then pump loads of money into a tiny non-league team, totally distort the structure of the leagues in that region and basically fuck-up the chances of anyone else in that area ever achieving organic success all as part of an ego-driven savior complex vanity project.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm
Stevie mee has said he'd be very interested if they take away Cities 2014 title. I kid you fucking not. :banghead:

Maureen already enquiring about 2018 too !

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 pm
clockender1 wrote:

Next, we'll have fat fucking wife beater Gazza turning up with a fishing rod and a chicken claiming that he wants a league title because he was best mates with Man City or something equally fucking stupid.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 pm
clockender1 wrote:

Next, we'll have fat fucking wife beater Gazza turning up with a fishing rod and a chicken claiming that he wants a league title because he was best mates with Man City or something equally fucking stupid.
:lol: :lol:

And then after it goes pear shaped some entitled attention seeking cùnt can start a petition called "Citeh you're a legend". :oops: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... not-etihad

If this is found to be true, City can go fucking hang as far as I am concerned. To be bankrolled by a state just shows the depths this lowlife club went to in pursuit of glory.

They should also be relegated from the PL IMO.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:55 am

If this is found to be true, City can go fucking hang as far as I am concerned. To be bankrolled by a state just shows the depths this lowlife club went to in pursuit of glory.

After reading that ,City can fuck off...That is Man U 90s style arrogance.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Nothing new there sadly, Real Madrid are funded by the Spanish Royal Family...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:

of course they should.
at the moment the PL looks very weak as they haven't done anything.
in fact a recent rule change by the football league is that any club found guilty of financial irregularity should be relegated to league 2.

at least there will be the Salford/Manchester City derby match next season :lol: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

clockender1 wrote:

If it does happen then I wouldn't be surprised if they have an open top bus for it

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

If city do lose their titles are them years not just void?

I don't think Inter were given the leagues titles taken from juve

Then again the FA are a different breed

augie

Post by augie »

Another long, but really excellent article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -BENT.html

Of course ultimately it will be a pointless article :banghead: