City Banned from CL for 2 years

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: City Banned from CL for 2 years

Post by Herd »

Fizman didnt put a single siserte into the club . In fact he took quite a bit out as he charged the club a pretty penny to fly his jet around Europe ferrying players back and forth to their international games.
Both he and Dein are responsible for the position we are in ! I hope he rots in hell ..... *word censored*!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm
As this is a bit of a financial thread I'm surprised my mate Flash isn't all over it. He loves a financial thread does Flash. Fucking loves it. :lol: :wink:
Oi!! Make up your mind, last week you were slagging him off because he so rarely does any modding and leaves it all to you and now you're calling him your 'mate'!!?

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
As this is a bit of a financial thread I'm surprised my mate Flash isn't all over it. He loves a financial thread does Flash. Fucking loves it. :lol: :wink:
Oi!! Make up your mind, last week you were slagging him off because he so rarely does any modding and leaves it all to you and now you're calling him your 'mate'!!?

He's still my mate. He's just my lazy mate. Every group has a lazy mate. If you don't know who the lazy mate is in the group then it's you. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

He's still my mate. He's just my lazy mate. Every group has a lazy mate. If you don't know who the lazy mate is in the group then it's you. :lol: :wink:
That would be Dave The Rave From The Grave. Yup! Right Lazy Cuntt till there's a fight and he's right in there at the front swingin' and a kickin'... :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

Chaging the subject slightly but along similar lines to Etihad FC:

"Keita, though, is perhaps the best example of how Red Bull's portfolio of clubs provides a global scouting network and inter-club framework in which players can progress.

It is similar to City Football Group - spearheaded by Manchester City and including clubs across the world such as Girona, New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos - but arguably with more success at supplying talent to the top of the tree.

James Powell, chief executive at Carteret Capital, says this is beneficial to both realising each club's sporting objectives and making a return on their investment.

Powell calls it a "pyramid of shop windows", showcasing talent at increasing higher levels and adding to their market value.

He says Red Bull's "bespoke, globalised player-trading platform" enables the owners to benefit from smart, efficient player trading.

----------------------

This is one of the things I hate most about these clubs, Chavski are doing something similar with a 'network' of feeder clubs and trying to stockpile players, it's anti-competitive and immoral.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

Chaging the subject slightly but along similar lines to Etihad FC:

"Keita, though, is perhaps the best example of how Red Bull's portfolio of clubs provides a global scouting network and inter-club framework in which players can progress.

It is similar to City Football Group - spearheaded by Manchester City and including clubs across the world such as Girona, New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos - but arguably with more success at supplying talent to the top of the tree.

James Powell, chief executive at Carteret Capital, says this is beneficial to both realising each club's sporting objectives and making a return on their investment.

Powell calls it a "pyramid of shop windows", showcasing talent at increasing higher levels and adding to their market value.

He says Red Bull's "bespoke, globalised player-trading platform" enables the owners to benefit from smart, efficient player trading.

----------------------

This is one of the things I hate most about these clubs, Chavski are doing something similar with a 'network' of feeder clubs and trying to stockpile players, it's anti-competitive and immoral.
What about west ham in the '90's and southampton in th 2000's? It couldn't have happen by accident that quality players passed through their doors before moving to bigger clubs for large transfer fee. Is it a coincidence that a certain Harry Redknapp passed through the same clubs at similar times??

Not suggesting anything illegal was going on.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal could lead a backdoor route into next season's UCL. If completeing domestic seasons proves impossible Euros chiefs have been urged to order associations to use UEFA Coefficient scores to decide which teams will qualify. Arsenal are 4th in the Coefficients. [@MartinLipton]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:51 pm
Arsenal could lead a backdoor route into next season's UCL. If completeing domestic seasons proves impossible Euros chiefs have been urged to order associations to use UEFA Coefficient scores to decide which teams will qualify. Arsenal are 4th in the Coefficients. [@MartinLipton]
:coffeespit: Stats get Arsenal back into the CL - you could not make it up! :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Winners: Arsenal, Man Utd and Atletico
Losers: Chelsea, Inter Milan and Leicester

Analysing UEFA's controversial coefficient system plan to decide next season's Champions League places https://t.co/7aoc8EUSDE