Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Last 32 tie against an old favourite of SteveO and Rodders 8) Hopefully we can build on today's second half ringholing of the Toon.

clockender1

Re: Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

Post by clockender1 »

I would rotate for this - martinelli, dozer, torreira, willock, laca all in.

We play a 3-5-2 - keep it tight and look for the clean sheet.

Hopefully tets appreciates the importance of that and building on the last few defensive displays.

Greece is always difficult away, but we should muller them 2nd leg, so thats how i'd play this one.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:17 pm
Last 32 tie against an old favourite of SteveO and Rodders 8) Hopefully we can build on today's second half ringholing of the Toon.
It's only Monday and I'm already sopping, come Thursday evening there will be an explosion in my undies and everyone's invited.

This.Is.Living :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am
falkirk goon wrote:
It's only Monday and I'm already sopping, come Thursday evening there will be an explosion in my undies and everyone's invited.

This is the one for you rodders. 8)

Any chance you can live stream the carnage from your wànk bunker through my new spankymonkey.com website? :rubchin:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Hopefully tets appreciates the importance of that and building on the last few defensive displays.

Greece is always difficult away, but we should muller them 2nd leg, so thats how i'd play this one.

This is not the league cup, this is still our only realistic route to the CL, if he doesn't play his strongest team you/I/everyone should not be happy.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:29 pm
clockender1 wrote:

This is not the league cup, this is still our only realistic route to the CL, if he doesn't play his strongest team you/I/everyone should not be happy.
We will not be good enough for the CL though, and i dont think we can win the EL anyway. I think the game against Everton is much more important in the long run.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am
falkirk goon wrote:

The Walrus of Love is back! Get ready Rodders.......the missus is out that evening too and I can only hope she isn't planning on baking anything before she goes out otherwise it will be like American Pie at Chez SteveO........I'll be dry humping the cushions all evening :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

We will not be good enough for the CL though, and i dont think we can win the EL anyway. I think the game against Everton is much more important in the long run.
Ah ok, let's not bother to turn up then and concentrate on a meaningless PL game against Everton at the weekend which means absolutely nothing.

Do you not realise that winning the Europa is the same prize as finishing 2nd in the PL? Why are so many so dismissive of the importance of giving everything to try and win this?

We were 45 mins away from winning it last year, off course we can win it.

markyp

Post by markyp »

No doubt a good win will be greeted with 'it's only olympiacos in the shitty europa by certain people here. let's hope it's a defeat then the arteta haters can really pull him to peices with a smile on their faces,sad

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:40 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Ah ok, let's not bother to turn up then and concentrate on a meaningless PL game against Everton at the weekend which means absolutely nothing.

Do you not realise that winning the Europa is the same prize as finishing 2nd in the PL? Why are so many so dismissive of the importance of giving everything to try and win this?

We were 45 mins away from winning it last year, off course we can win it.
Amen!

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

How on earth can a meaningless league game at the sanitised Kroenke Dome be more important in the long run than a European knockout tie away from home in front of 30000 Greek nutters? Please explain.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

1-3 to the Arsenal.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:30 pm
How on earth can a meaningless league game at the sanitised Kroenke Dome be more important in the long run than a European knockout tie away from home in front of 30000 Greek nutters? Please explain.
St tottinghams Day.

Long term, we need to win PL games.

otherwise we become sp**s.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Long term, we need to be in the CL.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

We're only seven points out of 4th.

Building a team to get top four every year, is better than occasionally getting lucky in the cups.

I watched us do that in the 80's, no thanks.

One unlucky semi and your season is over.