Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Olympiakos A Thu 20th Feb 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sounds like the dirty cuntts are targetting Douzer! ?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We're controlling this well now but we need to be quicker in the attack :rubchin:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 pm
Been 3 or 4 nasty little tackles on him now but I'll give him his due he's not reacting and just getting on with it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Been 3 or 4 nasty little tackles on him now but I'll give him his due he's not reacting and just getting on with it
Maybe Arteta put him straight after Dubai and so he's growing up? Good thing too, as he has skills and could perhaps be a decent player...sill only 19yrs .. so??

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

One decent ball and we're through this lot time and time again but we can't find that one decent ball.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!

I'm listening in on tallkshyte in the office and Jermaine Pennant is the pundit!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

There are some baffling decisions in play here -

1. Why play sokratis at right back when maitland-niles is on the bench ? Neither of them are right backs I know, but surely maitland-niles is better suited to it and has more experience there ?

2. Why play the douzi in the 6 and play xhaka further forward ? :? Said it before that I dont want xhaka anywhere near my club, but if he has to play, then surely it has to be at the base of our midfield ?? Surely guendouzi and the energy he brings is more suited for the 8 position where he can chase and hassle the opposition players ?

3. Auba has been shit. Willock even worse. Laca has looked more like his old "couldn't give a fcuk and couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo" self :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Maybe Arteta put him straight after Dubai and so he's growing up? Good thing too, as he has skills and could perhaps be a decent player...sill only 19yrs .. so??
He'll be 21 in a little over a month. He did well last season, but I half-wonder if it is because there weren't any expectations. When watching him this game, he is pulling out of tackles and hiding in between two attackers and pointing where others should pass. Willock has about half the talent, but puts himself about. If he can, sub both of them off. They have both been really bad this half.

Is Torreira injured?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
The first one was a stamp on his ankle and should have been a straight red

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm
:shock: :shock: :shock:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!

I'm listening in on tallkshyte in the office and Jermaine Pennant is the pundit!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Think yourself lucky you don’t have Jim Beglin and I think Peter Drury mate
( I’ve got the sound turned off, it’s that bad )

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m at a gig so not watching
However - clean sheet :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:51 pm
There are some baffling decisions in play here -

1. Why play sokratis at right back when maitland-niles is on the bench ? Neither of them are right backs I know, but surely maitland-niles is better suited to it and has more experience there ?

2. Why play the douzi in the 6 and play xhaka further forward ? :? Said it before that I dont want xhaka anywhere near my club, but if he has to play, then surely it has to be at the base of our midfield ?? Surely guendouzi and the energy he brings is more suited for the 8 position where he can chase and hassle the opposition players ?

3. Auba has been shit. Willock even worse. Laca has looked more like his old "couldn't give a fcuk and couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo" self :roll:
Auba has put a couple of very decent crosses in that if he was the end of them would probably have been a goal

Midz

Post by Midz »

Not too bad so far, we need to be more concise in attack.
Hopefully Arteta will improve them for the 2nd half. Fuck knows how but I've got fingers crossed.

C'mon Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
He'll be 21 in a little over a month. He did well last season, but I half-wonder if it is because there weren't any expectations. When watching him this game, he is pulling out of tackles and hiding in between two attackers and pointing where others should pass. Willock has about half the talent, but puts himself about. If he can, sub both of them off. They have both been really bad this half.

Is Torreira injured?
He's unwell

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

One of the deadliest finishers in the game shoehorned out on the wing while Lacca plays down the middle and slashes at every chance that comes his way :banghead:

We should have had a couple of away goals in the bag by now but if we carry on like this and fail to score we could be in danger of being done on away goals in the home leg.