Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

Post by rodders999 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:52 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:43 pm
Shit performance against a dog shit team,lucky weve got leno as wed have been seen off,no improvement at all under arteta, everybody's seeing what they want to see blah blah blah. GET THE FK IN!! Another great win,leggy as hell but that's to be expected, more little building blocks,hope we keep heading in the same direction :barscarf:
Forced Positivity. Enjoy it, wish I could be this blinded.
Yeah, Arsenal winning games is such a fucking downer.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Don't get me wrong, great win, big win even, just not getting fooled by these joke players or this weak manager, standard of opposition went up a notch as Everton have been on the up under Carlo & we looked as shoddy as we did under Emery.

Gave my ticket away, left my other two seats empty, wont be going back until Arteta finds his balls and drops that waste of space Ozil because his inclusion is symbolic of everything bad about this club right now and I'd rather watch it on TV, even if we are winning.

I'm just not sure how so many are falling for this PR nonsense being pumped out by the club where people are calling Mustafi goat, begging Xhaka to stay & think Ozil is suddenly so much more than his stats now when they built a career for him here based on his stats, this club needs a complete reboot in the Summer & I'm not sure this manager is going to support that.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

I obviously can't speak for anyone else but my opinions are based solely on what I see and not any PR from the club. I don't need anyone to tell me what to believe. At 52 I'm able to make up my own mind. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:11 pm
Don't get me wrong, great win, big win even, just not getting fooled by these joke players or this weak manager, standard of opposition went up a notch as Everton have been on the up under Carlo & we looked as shoddy as we did under Emery.

Gave my ticket away, left my other two seats empty, wont be going back until Arteta finds his balls and drops that waste of space Ozil because his inclusion is symbolic of everything bad about this club right now and I'd rather watch it on TV, even if we are winning.

I'm just not sure how so many are falling for this PR nonsense being pumped out by the club where people are calling Mustafi goat, begging Xhaka to stay & think Ozil is suddenly so much more than his stats now when they built a career for him here based on his stats, this club needs a complete reboot in the Summer & I'm not sure this manager is going to support that.
You honestly don't think Ozil played well in the last two games? Not world class but efficient and effective linking the backs with the forwards and interchanging with Ceballos.

You honestly don't think that Mustafalaugh mostly played well against the toon?

Genuine question.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
markyp wrote:
Shit performance against a dog shit team,lucky weve got leno as wed have been seen off,no improvement at all under arteta, everybody's seeing what they want to see blah blah blah. GET THE FK IN!! Another great win,leggy as hell but that's to be expected, more little building blocks,hope we keep heading in the same direction :barscarf:
Yup,very forced,I know we should be playing like the invincibles right now but I just like living in a pretend Arteta wonderland where unicorns run around. I can see us being champions league winners at this rate within 2 years ,easy.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

markyp wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
markyp wrote:
Yup,very forced,I know we should be playing like the invincibles right now but I just like living in a pretend Arteta wonderland where unicorns run around. I can see us being champions league winners at this rate within 2 years ,easy.
He's like the other one on here mate. Takes any point he doesn't agree with and over exaggerates his response. "Mustafi the greatest of all time" is a prime example. Nowhere have I read anything remotely close to this statement. Mustafi's standard is so low that not making a mistake in a game means he's played better than usual. Doesn't mean people are proclaiming him as the new Tony Adams. :lol:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm
Just got back from the game, not a lot more to add to the comments apart from Eddie. My god if Auba leaves in the summer this lad has a massive opportunity to make a serious name for himself.

His workrate was amazing, and he was unlucky not to bag a second goal. What the fuck were Leeds thinking when they decided he couldn't do a job for them.

Agreed with you totally on Auba. But I have the feeling the club might cash in with potentially £50-£60M on offer. Would that bring in 2-3 players is doubtful in my opinion. Shows how impoartant it will be to reach the E.L. next season.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 pm
I obviously can't speak for anyone else but my opinions are based solely on what I see and not any PR from the club. I don't need anyone to tell me what to believe. At 52 I'm able to make up my own mind. :lol:
That’s great news, mate.

Only another couple of years and I’ll be able to too :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:

You honestly don't think Ozil played well in the last two games? Not world class but efficient and effective linking the backs with the forwards and interchanging with Ceballos.

Genuine question.
Better/playing well is open to interpretation, we have been so used to Ozil not giving a fuck & strolling around or Mustafi brainfarting at every opportunity that now they are not being allowed to do this, the illusion is that they are playing better, I'm afraid they were both starting from a very very low point to look better.

I'm no stat pervert but one chance created by our chief creator against Everton, I'm not going to pretend that's good enough because hes now no longer strolling around not giving a fuck, Mustafi the same, thought he was quite pathetic at trying to win a header for one of their goals but the fact that hes not dropping absolute clanger after absolute clanger is not going to be translated into him playing well, hes just less shit than he has been for the past three years.

Against Newcastle he had the freedom of the pitch to ping passes around, they very rarely troubled the goal & we were in control so hes going to look ok, Everton came to play and the defence at times looked all over the place.

Ozil is not getting 350k to link the play & be efficient, he's having a team built around him to create, our whole formation is fucked to shoe horn him in and that dated number 10 position, his stats tell the story since hes been freed from the shackles of evil Unai.

They are now playing to a satisfactory level effort wise, thank fuck for that but these performances at other clubs would just be seen as standard, our expectations have been dumbed down to such a low level that we are feeling blessed that they are giving a shit.
Last edited by Gunnersaurus on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm
HerbertChapman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 pm
That’s great news, mate.

Only another couple of years and I’ll be able to too :barscarf:
Is there sarcasm in there? If so it's totally passed me by.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:

Genuine question.
Better/playing well is open to interpretation, we have been so used to Ozil not giving a fuck & strolling around or Mustafi brainfarting at every opportunity that now they are not being allowed to do this, the illusion is that they are playing better, I'm afraid they were both starting from a very very low point to look better.

I'm no stat pervert but one chance created by our chief creator against Everton, I'm not going to pretend that's good enough because hes now no longer strolling around not giving a fuck, Mustafi the same, thought he was quite pathetic at trying to win a header for one of their goals but the fact that hes not dropping absolute clanger after absolute clanger is not going to be translated into him playing well, hes just less shit than he has been for the past three years.

Against Newcastle he had the freedom of the pitch to ping passes around, they very rarely troubled the goal & we were in control so hes going to look ok, Everton came to play and the defence at times looked all over the place.

Ozil is not getting 350k to link the play & be efficient, he's having a team built around him to create, our whole formation is fucked to shoe horn him in and that dated number 10 position, his stats tell the story since hes been freed from the shackles of evil Unai.

They are now playing to a satisfactory level effort wise, thank fuck for that but these performances at other clubs would just be seen as standard, our expectations have been dumbed down to such a low level that we are feeling blessed that they are giving a shit.
You do love an exaggeration mate! :wink: I don't think anyone on here feels "blessed" at the improvements under Arteta - those improvements are not that consistent or profound in nature.

Not sure where you are getting the idea he has built the team around Ozil. He hasn't. I think Arteta is now at a stage where pragmatism has made him pick Ozil because we simply have no other option. There is no one else in that squad that can pick out a pass or retain posession or link the backs to the forwards to any degree of quality. He is not playing him as a creator or a proper number 10 but rather as a link player and Ozil has done that well in the last few games.

Mate you have accused anyone that has disagreed with you on here of seeing what they want to see but tbh I think you are as guilty of that as anyone - maybe more so.

Arteta wasn't my first or second choice but even I can see there have been small improvements under him. Not earth shattering no but certainly incremental. With the shit show Wenger and Dick left behind what manager would have turned us into world beaters in a dozen games?

It's going to be a long slow road and maybe Arteta will be the one that gets us there and maybe he won't but at the moment we are slowly improving.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bench Cam from the toffees game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsvsE27nOY

Herd

Post by Herd »

It will take time for things to change, in the meantime we have to accept and use the players we have until seasons end .... BUT
If we are to be successful again we need a wholesale clear out .
If Arteta makes the mistake of keeping the likes of Ozil and Xhaka then he will fail and this time next year we will be calling for his head.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:52 pm
It will take time for things to change, in the meantime we have to accept and use the players we have until seasons end .... BUT
If we are to be successful again we need a wholesale clear out .
If Arteta makes the mistake of keeping the likes of Ozil and Xhaka then he will fail and this time next year we will be calling for his head.
Exactly hes utilising the resources he currently has....Ozil and Xaha along with a few others will be on their way

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 pm
Bench Cam from the toffees game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsvsE27nOY
I reckon Arteta was more animated in that 6 min clip than Wenger was in his last 6 years :wink: