Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

Post by Herd »

We were garbage last night but at least Arteta can have no illusions whatsoever about the extent of the of the job he has in front of him or the calibre of players at the club.
The Greeks were shit but they were organised and they knew exactly how to expose the soft underbelly of the rotten Arsenal corpse !
The game showed us that you need a leader on the field to encourage,calm and organise when the going gets tough.
The players looked very fragile and easily rattled throughout the game and we had no answer to any of the questions,our attacks looked desperate and hurried and we left gaps in midfield large enough to run a herd of elephants through.
The defence was a shambles.
The FA cup is our only option for Europe but I'm thinking we might need a year out altogether to start the rebuilding which needs to be from scratch.
Willock seems to be the current whipping boy and hasnt impressed but last night was a game for experienced players to lead the way...........and not for the first time they didn't.
I sincerely hope that the Axeman cometh!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:47 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:24 am

A handful of games? The lad's made 48 appearances in total. :lol:

And I mentioned Saka and Martinelli as you seemed to accuse me of unreasonably "outing" a young player.
Come on you know as well as anyone this is his break through year. He's been involved in 31 games this season, a lot of them from the bench.

It's ridiculous to make a judgement on a young player, who hasn't done anything wrong unlike the more established players like Luiz tonight perhaps?

You are being completely unreasonable in outing Willock, he wasn't a major factor in our loss tonight it was the defence again.
So you think I'm basing my opinion on just tonight's game and not the entire 48 appearances? Oh dear. :lol:

And anyway, my original post was as much about Jonathan Pierce as it was Willock.
Now your just taking words out of my mouth. If you wanna go at players over a period of time look at the real culprits, I haven't heard one gooner have a pop at Willock. He isn't remotely responsible for this seasons shambles.

Whatever way you look at it, we lost last night because of our defences inability to defend crosses and a stupid moment of madness from our goalkeeper. And yet you highlight what a shit commentator says about Willock. Utter madness.
You obviously don't visit this forum much then. :lol:

Nowhere have I said Willock was responsible. I'm just saying that in my opinion he isn't good enough. Our recent past is littered with players that come through the ranks and just aren't good enough. You're the one putting words in my mouth.
Says a man with 44 posts to his name ok. I haven't put any words in your mouth, no point in having a petty squabble I am more concerned at how the club is going to sort our defence out. It's ridiculous how bad our defending is these days when we had the best defence team in the land for many years. Tony Adams must hold his head in his hands when Luiz puts the shirt on.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:47 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 am

Come on you know as well as anyone this is his break through year. He's been involved in 31 games this season, a lot of them from the bench.

It's ridiculous to make a judgement on a young player, who hasn't done anything wrong unlike the more established players like Luiz tonight perhaps?

You are being completely unreasonable in outing Willock, he wasn't a major factor in our loss tonight it was the defence again.
So you think I'm basing my opinion on just tonight's game and not the entire 48 appearances? Oh dear. :lol:

And anyway, my original post was as much about Jonathan Pierce as it was Willock.
Now your just taking words out of my mouth. If you wanna go at players over a period of time look at the real culprits, I haven't heard one gooner have a pop at Willock. He isn't remotely responsible for this seasons shambles.

Whatever way you look at it, we lost last night because of our defences inability to defend crosses and a stupid moment of madness from our goalkeeper. And yet you highlight what a shit commentator says about Willock. Utter madness.
You obviously don't visit this forum much then. :lol:

Nowhere have I said Willock was responsible. I'm just saying that in my opinion he isn't good enough. Our recent past is littered with players that come through the ranks and just aren't good enough. You're the one putting words in my mouth.
Says a man with 44 posts to his name ok. I haven't put any words in your mouth, no point in having a petty squabble I am more concerned at how the club is going to sort our defence out. It's ridiculous how bad our defending is these days when we had the best defence team in the land for many years. Tony Adams must hold his head in his hands when Luiz puts the shirt on.
Dear God what's my number of posts have to do with anything! I've been visiting this forum since it started. That's 20+ years. Inane comments just don't warrant my time. Bye. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 pm
On my way back from the match - still stunned at what I just watched. Honeymoon period for Arteta well and truly over.

His decisions and substitutions tonight were just baffling. How Willock came on before Martinelli is beyond me. Bellerin was getting slaggedoff by everyone around me.

Pandemonium in the North Bank when Auba scored.
I suddenly had a flashback however to 2006 for some reason - Wigan league cup....last minute away goal. out.. yep it happened again :(
here is the report to the match I was rambling on about last night
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 639638.stm

amazing similarities and I had the misfortune at being at both matches :roll:

of course that team in 2006 went on to reach the CL final - lets hope the defeat last night can motivate the team to make the FA Cup Final :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Would have been at home to wolves in the 1st leg in the next round if we had won this game

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:11 am
Bellerin - can’t defend, can’t attack, can’t run. One of the worst performances I can remember from a player in a long time and we’ve had some shit ones. The sight of him plodding back after pissing away possession 70 yards up the pitch was a tragic one.
Sad but F'ing Jeffing TRUE Rodders! :banghead:

But Hey! He's got his Fashion Career to fall back on - Literally.

I am so disappointed in last nights outcome - As Herd says hopefully Arteta will now realise (if he hadn't already done so) the enormity of the task that lies ahead....

Didn't see the game, but I understand Mustafi was one of the better (from a very poor shower of shyte) of players last night - Who would ever have thought it huh!? Not Me. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:27 pm
Would have been at home to wolves in the 1st leg in the next round if we had won this game
Behind them in the league and out of Europe before them......fucking grim.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:07 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:05 am
Any Idea when soares will be fit? Bellerin is finished, I blame his vegan lifestyle :lol:
Is she a vegan? No wonder she has no pace anymore. She probably runs out of steam just moisturising her VADGE. :roll: :lol:
Slight amendment there mate :wink:

markyp

Post by markyp »

I'm over it,shit competition,sick to death of it,I'd rather we didnt even qualify for it again come may,CL or nothing for me.as for the result long term was probably a good thing,it showed Arteta the limitations of our squad and his own limitations as a coach as well,as wenger used to say ' we will learn from this' ,I think Arteta will actually take last night on board and improve us,they always say you learn more from defeat than in victory. Last night was a timely reminder that theres still plenty of work to do,I'm sure Arteta will be doing it

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck me, Wolvehampton fucking Wanderers staying in Europe longer than us. Like seeing the Totts and Leicester in European competitions longer than us. What a fucking mess we are in European competitions. Since we won that Cup Winners Cup in 1994, Manure have won 2 European Cups and a UEFA Cup and been to two other CL finals and countless semis, bindippers have won 2 fucking European Cups, a UEFA Cup and been to two other CL finals and again a few semis, the fucking Chavs have won a European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup and been to finals and semis and whatever, fucking Leeds Utd got to a CL semi final and a UEFA Cup semi final, fuck me, Fulham got to a fucking UEFA Cup final and we have managed to get to one CL final and 2 UEFA Cup finals, both of which we were fucking shit in. Our European record is fucking horrific. My fucking God. Fucking hell. We are on a par with teams like Deportivo La Coruna or Lyon or fucking Braga or whatever they are called. Fuck me, it's pathetic.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The ball comes to you at knee height 5 yards out - do you

(a) smash it home with your foot

or

(b) stoop down and try and head it off the grass

shu

Post by shu »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:09 pm
shu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:03 pm
HerbertChapman wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm
shu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
Stu , it is fucking horrendous , how can we have some players who are so shite , how can the manager pick Laca , Ozil , luiz , Leno ?
Leno!!?? Who you want him to play, Martinez? Macy?

FFS. Some of you people on here. :lol: :lol:
Ok big boy so you think the goal against Chelsea , One against Everton and tonight are acceptable .? Well after 3 shite errors I would expect a change if not now at the end of the season.

Reading thro your posts I would think you are Spurs anyway , you had a pop at someone saying Martinelli couldn’t replace Laca who was shite , you are just a mug obviously so just piss off
Fuck off you laughable little cúnt. :lol:

My question to you was who would you play in place of Leno?

And read my post about Martinelli again. If you take it slowly you may just about understand it. :barscarf:
:lol: lol I have never been called a little anything :) :)
Keyboard mug :) if only you knew
HErbert is just a Spurs wum , have a read thro

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:08 pm
The ball comes to you at knee height 5 yards out - do you

(a) smash it home with your foot

or

(b) stoop down and try and head it off the grass

Yeah that was a really weird choice wasn't it. Even if he was late making his decision he could still have leaned back sideways and hooked it in.

Then there was the dodgy first touch on that through ball in the first leg that he should have buried.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

shu wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:25 pm
HerbertChapman wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:09 pm
shu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:03 pm
HerbertChapman wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm
shu wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
Stu , it is fucking horrendous , how can we have some players who are so shite , how can the manager pick Laca , Ozil , luiz , Leno ?
Leno!!?? Who you want him to play, Martinez? Macy?

FFS. Some of you people on here. :lol: :lol:
Ok big boy so you think the goal against Chelsea , One against Everton and tonight are acceptable .? Well after 3 shite errors I would expect a change if not now at the end of the season.

Reading thro your posts I would think you are Spurs anyway , you had a pop at someone saying Martinelli couldn’t replace Laca who was shite , you are just a mug obviously so just piss off
Fuck off you laughable little cúnt. :lol:

My question to you was who would you play in place of Leno?

And read my post about Martinelli again. If you take it slowly you may just about understand it. :barscarf:
:lol: lol I have never been called a little anything :) :)
Keyboard mug :) if only you knew
HErbert is just a Spurs wum , have a read thro
OK then, you laughable fat cùnt. :lol: :lol:

I probably started going over Highbury before you were born.

Nice to see you laughing though. :D
Last edited by HerbertChapman on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Like a couple of sissy boys going on and on about who said what about Willock.