West Ham H Sat 07/03 KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: West Ham H Sat 07/03 KO 3pm

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:53 pm
No improvement,we are seeing what we want to see blah blah,!! Loads of work still to do but you have to admit we are slowly moving in the right direction,another 3 points,hopefully in time we will not just see 3 points but a decent performance for 90 minutes instead of in fits and starts

Don't want to burst your balloon there buddy but we were shit and could have lost the game as the shammers had the better chances - tell me how that qualifies as moving in the right direction ? With the exception of Ceballos I would say as a team we did indeed move slowly though

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

No words for today, today deserves no words.

Arteta is a massive fraud, we thought we were getting Pep because he sat next to him, we are getting Brian Kidd (who also sat next to him) sods law.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I don't know what you lot were watching but I had a perfect view of the citeh system at the bowl today. Players hugging the touchline on both sides of the pitch - it was beautiful, just as Pep would want it. Unfortunately the line up of citeh's system is all we can do, cos our players are too fu.cking shit to do anything more than that.

That was the most pointless 90 mins of football I have seen in a long long time. We stretched the shammers from one side of the pitch and then knocked it back again, occasionally played a ball into somebody in the middle and if they controlled it, it went straight back to where it came from and then back from side to side a few times. Absolutely no penetration whatsoever, as somebody else rightly called it - beige football. If that is what we are going to be playing in future then I'll be donating the old ST to the Ticket Exchange for the remainder of the season as I really do have better things to do with my time.

I still can't work out if Ceballos is a player or just looks good against Xhaka and Ozil but he's the best we have at the moment. Saka is developing nicely and you can see him becoming more confident with each game. Eddie.... I want him to work out but I am still undecided and ffs somebody have a word with Pepe, even when he does something good he then overcooks it and eventually makes a balls up of it. Ozil just makes the football even beiger than it already is.

The Dutch gave us total football but it would appear that we are going to give the world beige football :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:30 pm
I don't know what you lot were watching but I had a perfect view of the citeh system at the bowl today. Players hugging the touchline on both sides of the pitch - it was beautiful, just as Pep would want it. Unfortunately the line up of citeh's system is all we can do, cos our players are too fu.cking shit to do anything more than that.

That was the most pointless 90 mins of football I have seen in a long long time. We stretched the shammers from one side of the pitch and then knocked it back again, occasionally played a ball into somebody in the middle and if they controlled it, it went straight back to where it came from and then back from side to side a few times. Absolutely no penetration whatsoever, as somebody else rightly called it - beige football. If that is what we are going to be playing in future then I'll be donating the old ST to the Ticket Exchange for the remainder of the season as I really do have better things to do with my time.

I still can't work out if Ceballos is a player or just looks good against Xhaka and Ozil but he's the best we have at the moment. Saka is developing nicely and you can see him becoming more confident with each game. Eddie.... I want him to work out but I am still undecided and ffs somebody have a word with Pepe, even when he does something good he then overcooks it and eventually makes a balls up of it. Ozil just makes the football even beiger than it already is.

The Dutch gave us total football but it would appear that we are going to give the world beige football :roll:

He is doing very well, but a few times today he had chances to whip in crosses but turned back inside which must frustrate the shit out of a centre forward who is making early moves in anticipation of crosses which aint coming - as a winger a fundamental part of his game should be crossing and the lack of instinct in that situation is a concern. Maybe that part of his game is being coached out of him in favour of retaining possession, but if that mindset gets in on him, then he will never make it as a winger cos it flies against everything a winger should be

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Pathetic football again. Too slow. Hammers should have scored 3 or 4. Took the one clear cut chance we had (thanks to VAR) - Lucky Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Great to see us playing such convincing football after that lucky 22 game unbeaten run last season

Must have all been part of the cunning plan that West Ham had 14 shots to our 8

Long live the revolution

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Did not see the game, heard it was shit....a welcome 3 points and a clean sheet...point behind the scum...really glad we beat those wankers

Midz

Post by Midz »

We got the 3 pts.
That's the only positive. everything else was shit.

At the end of the day though it doesn't matter how many shots you had or possession and passes, what matters is who scored the most and it was us on this occasion. Even if it was only one.
Xhaka is still a *word censored*.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:48 am
Great to see us playing such convincing football after that lucky 22 game unbeaten run last season

Long live the revolution
The millionth dig at Arteta.

Mate, I can’t get my head around the logic of how you can be so rational in your assessment and understanding of the troubles emery faced in his 18 months yet, in contrast, constantly belittle and ridicule Arteta for suffering from the same struggles? :lol: :? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Long live the revolution

Mate, I can’t get my head around the logic of how you can be so rational in your assessment and understanding of the troubles emery faced in his 18 months yet, in contrast, constantly belittle and ridicule Arteta for suffering from the same struggles? :lol: :? :lol:
I'm not belittling him - I just can't believe that there are people who wrote off an entire 22 match unbeaten run as being 'lucky' and 'unconvincing' and yet everyone I spoke to yesterday (even the most ardent gooner) says we were crap and lucky to win. Hardly been the first time either eh?

Just can't accept the double standards of judgement.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:36 am
We got the 3 pts.
That's the only positive. everything else was shit.

At the end of the day though it doesn't matter how many shots you had or possession and passes, what matters is who scored the most and it was us on this occasion. Even if it was only one.
Xhaka is still a *word censored*.

When you just focus on Xaha in a game its amazing how really fucking uesless he is.....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:54 am
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Long live the revolution

I'm not belittling him - I just can't believe that there are people who wrote off an entire 22 match unbeaten run as being 'lucky' and 'unconvincing' and yet everyone I spoke to yesterday (even the most ardent gooner) says we were crap and lucky to win. Hardly been the first time either eh?

I don't remember anyone on here writing off the entire 22 game run as lucky. There were plenty of shit games along the way and there were some that were pretty good. There was no real pattern of play or system that evolved during Emery's reign and that's just that.

Not that I'm particularly bothered about Arteta, but for your own information, your posts certainly sound like somebody belittling Arteta. As for double standards, I'm just not getting that from the posts I've read.....I can see some people daring to hope but not much beyond that.

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:12 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:53 pm
No improvement,we are seeing what we want to see blah blah,!! Loads of work still to do but you have to admit we are slowly moving in the right direction,another 3 points,hopefully in time we will not just see 3 points but a decent performance for 90 minutes instead of in fits and starts

Don't want to burst your balloon there buddy but we were shit and could have lost the game as the shammers had the better chances - tell me how that qualifies as moving in the right direction ? With the exception of Ceballos I would say as a team we did indeed move slowly though
We played shit and won,another clean sheet,a keeper that can keep us in games when we arent at the races but yeah nothing to crow about.as for bursting my bubble augie what bubble? I'm under no illusions as to where we are right now,there is massive amounts of work to do,arteta doesn't have the players to hand to execute his game plan 100% yet but results are swinging our way,these are little building blocks

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Long live the revolution

I don't remember anyone on here writing off the entire 22 game run as lucky. There were plenty of shit games along the way and there were some that were pretty good. There was no real pattern of play or system that evolved during Emery's reign and that's just that.

Not that I'm particularly bothered about Arteta, but for your own information, your posts certainly sound like somebody belittling Arteta. As for double standards, I'm just not getting that from the posts I've read.....I can see some people daring to hope but not much beyond that.

100% it was said on here during the week Jock - as I have said many times, arteta and any other manager we appoint will struggle as long as we have players of the mentality of these *word censored*, but I object to arteta being defended for that reason whilst emery was supposed to work magic with those same players

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:02 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Long live the revolution

100% it was said on here during the week Jock - as I have said many times, arteta and any other manager we appoint will struggle as long as we have players of the mentality of these *word censored*, but I object to arteta being defended for that reason whilst emery was supposed to work magic with those same players
But emery came to us with a lot of experience and a certain amount of pedigree yet peps cone man is more than matching what he did so far ,so either take it as Emery really was truly shit and so is arteta or Emery did well with a load of crap and arteta with zero experience is working wonders?? You cant defend emery then slate arteta ,for a bloke who's never managed hes doing well in a very high pressure job