Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:37 pm
You're sounding like the perma lock-down headbangers now Augie, the league will 100% finish. The sky hasn't fallen in on the Bundesliga and it won't fall in here.

Tbf rodders, England's response to the covid 19 virus has been shambolic and ye are nowhere near at the same stage of recovery as germany is. Add to that is the fact that there is opposition to football resuming in England, and empty vessels make most noise and their voices are the one's being heard right now - maybe there was opposition in germany that we didn't hear about, but the whole german mentality in normal everyday life suggests a more unified response than the fractured divided response in england

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No doubt that the German response was swifter and all round better Augster and that’s the main reason their league will be up and running a full 5 weeks before the PL.

It’s another 3 weeks before the first full set of fixtures and time is everything at the moment with regard to this bastard virus, so come the weekend of the 20th June things will be much improved everywhere in Europe (Serie A also resuming that day and Italy was an absolute cluster fuck).

One day at a time sweet fucking Jesus :barscarf: :barscarf:

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

I may be a bit deluded here , but given all the circumstances i think we could possibly sneak something from this game now

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Goonuz71 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:21 pm
I may be a bit deluded here , but given all the circumstances i think we could possibly sneak something from this game now
Coming off a 3 month break with limited training and no proper pre-season before the restart anything's possible. Also no fans in the ground so the home/away factor is much diminished. Fuck knows what will happen.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m not sure I like the idea of every single match kicking off at a different time.

1 behind closed doors match a week on TV is probably ok but I really couldn’t stomach watching all 10! A lot of fun of football is also checking the scores of the other matches - this gets rid of that completely

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 pm
I’m not sure I like the idea of every single match kicking off at a different time.

1 behind closed doors match a week on TV is probably ok but I really couldn’t stomach watching all 10! A lot of fun of football is also checking the scores of the other matches - this gets rid of that completely
Cynic in me says it will help ensure the 'correct' results and outcome :roll: One of the old reasons for matches being played at the same time was to prevent any corrupting of the results, you know when football was still a sport :rubchin:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Make you right on that . It's not so much the Liverpool situation , they will get the points they need but the other matches for European qualification and relegation are open to a little bias here and there.. If there is to be no VAR it's an open invitation for dodgy offsides a red card to influence results and even if there is interpretation will be scrutinised for hours . Alll good television drama .

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:20 am
Make you right on that . It's not so much the Liverpool situation , they will get the points they need but the other matches for European qualification and relegation are open to a little bias here and there.. If there is to be no VAR it's an open invitation for dodgy offsides a red card to influence results and even if there is interpretation will be scrutinised for hours . Alll good television drama .
I think most supporters these days know in their heart of hearts that the sporting side of football has given way to the entertainment value for the media and the inherent financial benefit this creates for the clubs et al involved. I'm not saying this extends to all the individual footballers and managers but I'd love to be a fly on the wall at some of these meetings and the behind closed doors conversations within the larger footballing world.

Cynical yes but there is just far too much money involved these days for there not to be, when Leicester won the league I bet there were conversations along the lines of that must never happen again :rubchin: ....... or maybe I'm just paranoid :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Goonuz71 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:21 pm
Yup! I think we can. It'll be interesting to see how Arteta sets the side up to play against a team, manager and system he knows very well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:10 am
A11M11 wrote:
I think most supporters these days know in their heart of hearts that the sporting side of football has given way to the entertainment value for the media and the inherent financial benefit this creates for the clubs et al involved. I'm not saying this extends to all the individual footballers and managers but I'd love to be a fly on the wall at some of these meetings and the behind closed doors conversations within the larger footballing world.

Cynical yes but there is just far too much money involved these days for there not to be, when Leicester won the league I bet there were conversations along the lines of that must never happen again :rubchin: ....... or maybe I'm just paranoid :shock:
I think you are 100% right Muzz.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:10 am
A11M11 wrote:

I think you are 100% right Muzz.
And I think you're 101% right to think Muzz is 100% right. :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Does that make me 201% right, i'm asking for a friend not for any self-aggrandising reasons :proudtosay:

augie

Post by augie »

I cant make my mind up whether I am looking forward to seeing our games for rest of season or not - on one hand I am looking forward to seeing what exactly arteta's plan is going forward, but on the other hand I fear that it will involve squeezing out the younger players (douzi, torreira, and possibly tierney and holding), and if that is his policy then he will have totally lost my support already. I am absolutely a sceptic at this stage but am willing to be won over, but if he tears up our recent policy of going with young hungrier players and instead goes with older players looking for a big payday, then we have little hope of rebuilding this club to it's former level

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:07 am
Does that make me 201% right, i'm asking for a friend not for any self-aggrandising reasons :proudtosay:
I believe you could be Right! :D :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

"An experienced Arsenal side that included the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mesut Ozil and Alexandre Lacazette lost 3-2 to Brentford in a friendly at the Emirates on Wednesday."

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/10/arsenal- ... -12835073/

Doesn't inspire much confidence!

I thought we were doing well beating Charlton 6-0 but this result brings it all home just how bad our defending can be.