Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:32 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:57 pm
A 1-0 defeat

11 committed players with a known system versus 11 strangers who rolled in from the beach without a system or the faintest idea of what the starting XI will be on any given week

A first 20 minute flurry before Duffy, Dunk or Murray nod in a free kick or corner, followed by 70 minutes of sterile, walking football. Not Arteta’s fault though because of all the shit Emery bought like Leno and Martinelli
the usual negativity on here after a defeat I see.
what people forget is that the defeat against Manchester City was the first league defeat this year.

I think we will easily have enough to beat Brighton tomorrow.
The usual negativity, coming on the back of the usual limpdicked effort at City where we didn't manage a single shot on target for 90 minutes. Forgive me for not bowing at the feet of the super coach or blaming 'special circumstances' but isn't there something of a repeat feel about the whole thing. 1 point above Palace and Burnley with 9 games to go. 42 points from the top, 13 points above the drop zone. Remind me what there is to feel upbeat about?
Well for starters if we win today we go above Spurs in the table!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Can envisage a complete capitulation over the remaining games, resulting in a 13th - 14th finish.
We’re fucked

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:32 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:57 pm
A 1-0 defeat

11 committed players with a known system versus 11 strangers who rolled in from the beach without a system or the faintest idea of what the starting XI will be on any given week

A first 20 minute flurry before Duffy, Dunk or Murray nod in a free kick or corner, followed by 70 minutes of sterile, walking football. Not Arteta’s fault though because of all the shit Emery bought like Leno and Martinelli
the usual negativity on here after a defeat I see.
what people forget is that the defeat against Manchester City was the first league defeat this year.

I think we will easily have enough to beat Brighton tomorrow.
The usual negativity, coming on the back of the usual limpdicked effort at City where we didn't manage a single shot on target for 90 minutes. Forgive me for not bowing at the feet of the super coach or blaming 'special circumstances' but isn't there something of a repeat feel about the whole thing. 1 point above Palace and Burnley with 9 games to go. 42 points from the top, 13 points above the drop zone. Remind me what there is to feel upbeat about?
Well for starters if we win today we go above Spurs in the table!
I must admit - the prospect of that fucktard Maureen imploding again and screwing up everything they'd been building is a reason to be cheerful!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

If we win today, and I know its a big if we go 3 points behind manure.

Arteta needs to ram that into the thick skulls of every Arsenal player, and tell them they are playing for their Arsenal futures.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Team looks a lot stronger than Wednesday night. Big day for Holding. Come on ta FUCK :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Team looks a lot stronger than Wednesday night. Big day for Holding. Come on ta FUCK :barscarf:

Martinelli still on bench ?? Behind saka who looked as disinterested as he was shite the other night ?? Fcuk off arteta :roll:

Who the fcuk is he playing alongside guendouzi and ceballos ? Is he going 4-4-2 ? :? :?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm
Who the fcuk is he playing alongside guendouzi and ceballos ? Is he going 4-4-2 ? :? :?
Saka.

It’ll be a midfield 3 with Saka in front of Ceballos and Guendouzi.

Aubameyang will play from the left as usual I’d imagine.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Guendouzi as deepest midfielder, Ceballos ahead as RCM, Saka as LCM. Laca and Pepe flanking Auba hopefully, or Laca up top.

Fuck knows.

Saka’s been a revelation this season Augie, harsh to want him binned off after one poor game back.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:34 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm
Saka.

It’ll be a midfield 3 with Saka in front of Ceballos and Guendouzi.

Aubameyang will play from the left as usual I’d imagine.

IF he is going with 4-3-3 then surely you would play maitland-niles alongside guendouzi and push ceballos into the "10" ? He cant start ozil after dropping him out of the squad altogether wednesday night, but the guy playing off the front boys has to be a baller that can see a pass, and saka is not that type of player imo

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Guendouzi as deepest midfielder, Ceballos ahead as RCM, Saka as LCM. Laca and Pepe flanking Auba hopefully, or Laca up top.

Fuck knows.

Saka’s been a revelation this season Augie, harsh to want him binned off after one poor game back.

It isnt that I want him binned as such, but martinelli has to start for me - saka was woeful the other night but he looked totally disinterested and that pissed me off more. I wonder if he is already made up his mind to leave :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Anyone recommend a decent stream to watch this

augie

Post by augie »

Poor old holding is on a hiding to nothing - arteta had to pick him but how rusty must he be ?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Yes, we get the intent, but how long will the ‘Black Lives Matter’ be on the shirts?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Game is wide open, 5-5 incoming.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:02 pm
Poor old holding is on a hiding to nothing - arteta had to pick him but how rusty must he be ?
Can only hope it spurs him on unlike others in the squad :rubchin: