Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by rodders999 »

I remember Debuchy dislocating his shoulder when nudged while in the air by the Lidl Ibrahimovic.

Sanchez at Norwich a few years back was lucky not to be seriously injured when pushed towards a hole by the side of the pitch that housed a camera man.

All sneaky shots at a player who can’t defend themselves either because they’re running full tilt or in the air.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

We’re bloody jinxed with these injuries. Seriously, barging a player in mid air is sneaky and cowardly. Reminds me of the Debuchy incident.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

When you look at the replay how can you say that it’s anything other than a cheap shot?

In real time I at least thought that the guy had jumped properly and use his shoulder. Actually he doesn’t even bother jumping, turns to the side and uses his elbow. Anybody suggesting that he is challenging for the ball needs their head checked.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:53 pm
Just another small-time club who just try and hack their way to finishing 17th.

Was far from the dirtiest thing you will see on a football pitch but it was just an absolute cheap shot. Knew that he had zero chance of getting the ball and was just trying to smash him - either to try and make him drop it, to force him out of the area or just for the sake of it.

You can see them trying to leave a marker on Pepe and Saka whenever they get half a chance.
There was absolutely no need to do it and I can't for the life of me understand why nothing has happened to the bloke. Why haven't the twats with the telly looked at it?

Agree but it wasnt even much of a knock, but it knocked leno off balance and he landed akwardly - no-one is more gutted about his injury than I am, but I think that we are getting a bit soft over this if I'm honest. I would have zero problem if one of our strikers did it to an opposition keeper, and I have seen many strikers try to jostle a keeper out of the area in a similar way.

Just because it was a bad injury doesnt mean that there was intent

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 pm
When you look at the replay how can you say that it’s anything other than a cheap shot?

In real time I at least thought that the guy had jumped properly and use his shoulder. Actually he doesn’t even bother jumping, turns to the side and uses his elbow. Anybody suggesting that he is challenging for the ball needs their head checked.

Nobody is claiming that though

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:57 pm
I remember Debuchy dislocating his shoulder when nudged while in the air by the Lidl Ibrahimovic.

Sanchez at Norwich a few years back was lucky not to be seriously injured when pushed towards a hole by the side of the pitch that housed a camera man.

All sneaky shots at a player who can’t defend themselves either because they’re running full tilt or in the air.

And a lot of our problems in recent years is that we have had no-one in our team to do that. Havent we ALL frequently complained about our players not being nasty enough ??

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Feel sorry for Leno who is probably the only player fit to wear the shirt at the moment (possible exception of Sako).

But as someone who grew up on a diet of Bobby Gould and Jack Charlton (not to mention tales of Nat Lofthouse!) and was a keeper myself back in the day, I don't think that the challenge was particularly malicious.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Our passing from the back today has been woeful :oops: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Bellend in particular has been dire imo

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:06 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:57 pm

And a lot of our problems in recent years is that we have had no-one in our team to do that. Havent we ALL frequently complained about our players not being nasty enough ??
No. Personally I've complained about our players not being tough enough but there is a difference between tough and being a cowardly cùnt that takes a cheap shot. I hate players that do that and IIRC Maupay has previous.....

He caught Leno with a cowardly cheap shot and he fucking meant it.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Not surprised at all that we didn't get the game pulled back for a clear free-kick there.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Offside my hole

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:03 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Nobody is claiming that though
Haven’t looked through what’s been posted here, but Keown and Ferdinand were bleating on about how he was entitled to challenge for it.

Another one there with the CB smashing through the back of Lacazette. As usual ref ducks making a decision because the ‘advantage’ gave him an excuse.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Every time the ball goes near Holding I shit myself, not as much as he does however.

augie

Post by augie »

Now that late tackle on mustafi was a bad one that var should have looked at - possibly a red card but at least a yellow. It was studs up on his shin ffs :evil: :evil: