Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:52 am
3pm Saturday 20th June
Live on BT sport

just imagine if supporters were allowed for this match.

a Saturday afternoon kick off in Brighton in mid summer....would be a great away day :barscarf:
Are you a big fan of sunbathing nude then Rob ?

wibble

Post by wibble »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
3pm Saturday 20th June
Live on BT sport

a Saturday afternoon kick off in Brighton in mid summer....would be a great away day :barscarf:
If so, PM me

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Away to Brighton with zero confidence in this team getting a result. The pluses are the suspension of Side Show and the fact Xhaka will probably be out.. Kolasnic in central defence with Mustafi...oh dear .

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I predicted a turdholing last night to be followed by a couple of draws on the sarf coast..Brighton havent won at home since Dec 28th :rubchin: they haven't played against our shower of pampered pussyholes though :oops: we won't win that's for sure,draw at best.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A 1-0 defeat

11 committed players with a known system versus 11 strangers who rolled in from the beach without a system or the faintest idea of what the starting XI will be on any given week

A first 20 minute flurry before Duffy, Dunk or Murray nod in a free kick or corner, followed by 70 minutes of sterile, walking football. Not Arteta’s fault though because of all the shit Emery bought like Leno and Martinelli

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:57 pm
A 1-0 defeat

11 committed players with a known system versus 11 strangers who rolled in from the beach without a system or the faintest idea of what the starting XI will be on any given week

A first 20 minute flurry before Duffy, Dunk or Murray nod in a free kick or corner, followed by 70 minutes of sterile, walking football. Not Arteta’s fault though because of all the shit Emery bought like Leno and Martinelli

If I was Martinelli, I'd be doing all I could to get out of the club. In my opinion, he's the real deal and is undoubtedly the best prospect at the club for years, but in true modern day Arsenal style, he appears to be behind Pepe, Saka and Nelson in the manager's opinion.

For what it's worth, the Torreira situation leaves me equally baffled.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
A 1-0 defeat

the usual negativity on here after a defeat I see.
what people forget is that the defeat against Manchester City was the first league defeat this year.

I think we will easily have enough to beat Brighton tomorrow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
3pm Saturday 20th June
Live on BT sport

It's Not just 'Nude Sunbathing' Rob is into - He does almost everything 'Nude' at least so Spuddy said. :? :D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
A 1-0 defeat

If I was Martinelli, I'd be doing all I could to get out of the club. In my opinion, he's the real deal and is undoubtedly the best prospect at the club for years, but in true modern day Arsenal style, he appears to be behind Pepe, Saka and Nelson in the manager's opinion.

For what it's worth, the Torreira situation leaves me equally baffled.
Agree 1,000% - He IS a future Star and is 'Quality' he fights for everything, is willing to go that extra-yard that the rest of our ickle fluffy pampered millionaires are willing to.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Summary of the latest Arsenal injury update:

- Chambers out for the season
- Marí significant injury, almost certainly out for the season
- Torreira out for 2-3 weeks
- Cedric out for 2 weeks
- Sokratis out for 2 weeks
- Xhaka out for 2 weeks

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:06 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
A 1-0 defeat

the usual negativity on here after a defeat I see.
what people forget is that the defeat against Manchester City was the first league defeat this year.

I think we will easily have enough to beat Brighton tomorrow.
The usual negativity, coming on the back of the usual limpdicked effort at City where we didn't manage a single shot on target for 90 minutes. Forgive me for not bowing at the feet of the super coach or blaming 'special circumstances' but isn't there something of a repeat feel about the whole thing. 1 point above Palace and Burnley with 9 games to go. 42 points from the top, 13 points above the drop zone. Remind me what there is to feel upbeat about?

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:56 pm
Summary of the latest Arsenal injury update:

- Chambers out for the season
- Marí significant injury, almost certainly out for the season
- Torreira out for 2-3 weeks
- Cedric out for 2 weeks
- Sokratis out for 2 weeks
- Xhaka out for 2 weeks
Not really a great loss any of them.

shu

Post by shu »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 pm
I predicted a turdholing last night to be followed by a couple of draws on the sarf coast..Brighton havent won at home since Dec 28th :rubchin: they haven't played against our shower of pampered pussyholes though :oops: we won't win that's for sure,draw at best.
Definitely a turd burgling in Brighton mate. :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

shu wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 pm
Definitely a turd burgling in Brighton mate. :D
:D :barscarf: plenty turd burglars in Brighton(allegedly) :oops: :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Gunner Rob wrote:
3pm Saturday 20th June
Live on BT sport

Last time I was at Brighton - many moons ago - I got my head kicked in by a bunch of 'Rockers'.
As for this game I don't think we will get a point & also fail to in the next away game. Hope I'm wrong but don't worry about it anymore. :barscarf: :barscarf: