Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:31 pm
That was as frustrating as hell. This team hasn't got a fighter in the squad at all. No one stood up and dragged this team to victory which, I believe they deserved. They got cocky. Adams, Vieira, DB10, Fabregas, Van Persie would have stood up and be counted. None of the that team can. They go down when challenged not stand up.

Don't praise Guendouzi for doing maupay after the whistle. He came across as a petulant prick, not a tough guy.

A game we should've won. I'm not criticising Arteta as he does he shows the desire to win. This team is not his. Why are people complaining about his team selection? Saying picking the same old players. Who the fuck else is he going to pick?

This team rolled over and were too afraid to go in and win the game. Players with no character at all.

I am absolutely fcuking stunned by this statement :shock: :shock: Martinelli has got zero game time in two woefully shit team performances, and yet you think arteta's selections are right ??? Tierney was one of our 3 best outfield players against citeeh, and today he is dropped. How in gods name has a leeds united substitute (nketieh) jumped ahead of lacazette and martinelli in the team selections ? If you bring off laca today, then surely you bring martinelli in on the wing and push auba central ? It's not fcuking rocket science ffs. Playing auba (our best goal chance) on the wing is acceptable if we have a bang on form laca in the middle, but other than that there is no striker who should be picked in the middle ahead of him

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Turd burgled at Brighton :shock: ooh er matron :oops:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

At least were safe from relegation - this year ?? :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 am
We may laugh at that for now Ray, but the season after next we'll genuinely be pleased when it happens. Auba will run down his contract and as the last saleable asset we have, we will have absolutely no budget (what with no European football) and won't be able to attract even the quality of player needed to get in the Europa League. The modern day football snob culture that pervades the club and the naivety of the owners will see us continue to appoint managers to play the 'Arsenal way'. I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie Howe becomes the next manager after he has relegated Bournemouth, or Roberto Martinez

I've resigned myself to the fact that only relegation might see off the odious c.unt that owns the club, so if it happens sooner rather than later and he slings his hook, I'll accept it. The sooner we can start again under owners who want to make the club great again the better. If it takes doing a Leeds or a Sunderland, bring it on. If it removes two thirds of the mongs who frequent the bowl these days, they can all fuck off to the swamp or Chavski for their 'matchday experience' anyway

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:05 am
Ray C wrote:
We may laugh at that for now Ray, but the season after next we'll genuinely be pleased when it happens. Auba will run down his contract and as the last saleable asset we have, we will have absolutely no budget (what with no European football) and won't be able to attract even the quality of player needed to get in the Europa League. The modern day football snob culture that pervades the club and the naivety of the owners will see us continue to appoint managers to play the 'Arsenal way'. I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie Howe becomes the next manager after he has relegated Bournemouth, or Roberto Martinez

I've resigned myself to the fact that only relegation might see off the odious c.unt that owns the club, so if it happens sooner rather than later and he slings his hook, I'll accept it. The sooner we can start again under owners who want to make the club great again the better. If it takes doing a Leeds or a Sunderland, bring it on. If it removes two thirds of the mongs who frequent the bowl these days, they can all fuck off to the swamp or Chavski for their 'matchday experience' anyway
All too true, speaking of football snobbery I was watching Palace stroll to victory at Bournemouth yesterday evening. Mcarthur in the middle for Palace is probably a better than average Premier League player. He closes everything down, runs his bollix off for the team and occasionally gets into dangerous positions. Now link him to Arsenal and put on your tin hat and wait for the reaction. Not saying MacArthur is the answer but when you watch players like him giving everything he has and compare that to our snowflakes and petulant players going through the motions you have to wonder..
Arsenal are sleepwalking into relegation, and there is no stomach for it with our current squad

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Ray C wrote:

All too true, speaking of football snobbery I was watching Palace stroll to victory at Bournemouth yesterday evening. Mcarthur in the middle for Palace is probably a better than average Premier League player. He closes everything down, runs his bollix off for the team and occasionally gets into dangerous positions. Now link him to Arsenal and put on your tin hat and wait for the reaction. Not saying MacArthur is the answer but when you watch players like him giving everything he has and compare that to our snowflakes and petulant players going through the motions you have to wonder..
Arsenal are sleepwalking into relegation, and there is no stomach for it with our current squad

Which brings me back to the direction we were going with emery in that we were buying younger and hungrier players desperate to prove themselves

Tbh Steve O, I would accept eddie howe as our manager in the morning - you cant knock him for getting bournemouth relegated and at the same time champion dyche, when dyche got burnley relegated a few years ago too.
Again I will say that howe wouldnt be THE ANSWER to our prayers, but he would be an experienced manager who is still yet to hit the big time, and should then be as motivated as young hungry players are. He is used to working with and buying players at the 3rd and 4th level of quality, which is exactly what he will be working with here. Arteta is not the answer. Worse still he doesnt know how to get to the right answers. He is a rookie thrown in at the very deep end, and who has decided to attach himself to the biggest ego's and influencial players in the dressing room regardless of their contributions.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:27 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Ray C wrote:

Which brings me back to the direction we were going with emery in that we were buying younger and hungrier players desperate to prove themselves

Tbh Steve O, I would accept eddie howe as our manager in the morning - you cant knock him for getting bournemouth relegated and at the same time champion dyche, when dyche got burnley relegated a few years ago too.
Again I will say that howe wouldnt be THE ANSWER to our prayers, but he would be an experienced manager who is still yet to hit the big time, and should then be as motivated as young hungry players are. He is used to working with and buying players at the 3rd and 4th level of quality, which is exactly what he will be working with here. Arteta is not the answer. Worse still he doesnt know how to get to the right answers. He is a rookie thrown in at the very deep end, and who has decided to attach himself to the biggest ego's and influencial players in the dressing room regardless of their contributions.
Not knocking Howe's achievements mate - I just think he would appeal to the deluded board and fan base who seem to want to protect this nonsense of 'the Arsenal way' ahead of changing the attitude and culture of these players. I'd take Wilder or Dyche over him for those reasons.

I'd love to know what this Arsenal way is. If its the one that fits the song "playing football the Arsenal way", we're talking about a team from 16 years ago. The past few years of the 'Arsenal way' under Wenger seem to be about calamitous defending, lack of cohesion and more often than not paceless, sideways passing for the sake of it

Give me the 'non Arsenal way' please.....or should I say 'the Arsenal way' of the early GG era.

augie

Post by augie »

Steve O, as you and I know, the Arsenal way isnt the silky football that we play in the middle of wenger's tenure - our way was formed over many decades of boring boring Arsenal, and GG was just the last one to uphold that tradition. Some fans talk as though GG deviated from the right path and wenger got us back on track style wise, and they are exactly the type of c.unts that I would love to turn their back on us if we revert to a substance over style policy

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The unearned arrogance that some of our fan-base have in which they laugh off the idea of relegation as though we aren't heading up shit creek without a paddle is beyond infuriating. In the last decade the saving grace has always been that we had at least one world class player(or at least a semi-decent squad) but once Aubameyang fucks off and the club cut costs in line with a lack of European football, the only way is down. Add another foreign owner or two who want to pimp up some other small club and we will be complete also rans. The Kroenke disease needs to be removed from the club and if everything going to shit is needed then so be it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Reality is we are just 3 points better off than Southampton, with Brighton just 8 points behind worying times

Arteta looking lost now, no shape or plan visible, constant re jigging of team selection...no Martinelli???

The Ozil saga drags on with no conclusion, £350K a WEEK, no wonder he wants to say another seaon

If anyone offers £20 to £30 million for Bellerin he should be on his way totally overrated since his injury

Xaka is a total liabilty...Just dont rate Guendouzi....the list goes on

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We have taken 2 points from our last 5 games against this lot.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm
Nos89 wrote:
That was as frustrating as hell. This team hasn't got a fighter in the squad at all. No one stood up and dragged this team to victory which, I believe they deserved. They got cocky. Adams, Vieira, DB10, Fabregas, Van Persie would have stood up and be counted. None of the that team can. They go down when challenged not stand up.

Don't praise Guendouzi for doing maupay after the whistle. He came across as a petulant prick, not a tough guy.

A game we should've won. I'm not criticising Arteta as he does he shows the desire to win. This team is not his. Why are people complaining about his team selection? Saying picking the same old players. Who the fuck else is he going to pick?

This team rolled over and were too afraid to go in and win the game. Players with no character at all.
Were you saying the same when Emery was picking Wenger's players......or did you expect him to be able to replace all 25 of them in 2 transfer windows?

Since you ask, most people are baffled as to why Martinelli isn't playing - you know, the one bright spark who was actually doing something this season.

Arteta hasn't been dealt a great hand, granted. But perhaps he could make his mind up if its Nketiah, Lacazette, or Martinelli. Even when all the centre halves were fit, he fucked about with the partnership every time. One minute Ozil is flavour of the month, then he's out. Saka - is he a left sided player, right sided player or now a central player?

So, if you won't criticise any of the above, are you saying he's got a completely free pass to fuck about every single week without consequence?

Yes.
This season is over. He has to fuck about to establish who he can trust with those he will be allowed to keep. Martinelli, I agree is a bright spark, so is Saka. Has he been by told by the club they have received an offer for Martinelli they cannot refuse? There is absolutely no guarantee Martinelli will be at the club next season.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:26 pm
Nos89 wrote:

I am absolutely fcuking stunned by this statement :shock: :shock: Martinelli has got zero game time in two woefully shit team performances, and yet you think arteta's selections are right ??? Tierney was one of our 3 best outfield players against citeeh, and today he is dropped. How in gods name has a leeds united substitute (nketieh) jumped ahead of lacazette and martinelli in the team selections ? If you bring off laca today, then surely you bring martinelli in on the wing and push auba central ? It's not fcuking rocket science ffs. Playing auba (our best goal chance) on the wing is acceptable if we have a bang on form laca in the middle, but other than that there is no striker who should be picked in the middle ahead of him
That is one player who you wanted to bring on as a substitute not in the starting line up. Personally, I'd have brought on Ozil and put Auba through the middle. The game was tight and he still has the capability to pick out a pass that can change the game. Tierney worked hard at city, and given the amount of time he has been out this season, maybe, the brighton game was too soon for him. I bet he starts against southampton.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Were you saying the same when Emery was picking Wenger's players......or did you expect him to be able to replace all 25 of them in 2 transfer windows?

Since you ask, most people are baffled as to why Martinelli isn't playing - you know, the one bright spark who was actually doing something this season.

Arteta hasn't been dealt a great hand, granted. But perhaps he could make his mind up if its Nketiah, Lacazette, or Martinelli. Even when all the centre halves were fit, he fucked about with the partnership every time. One minute Ozil is flavour of the month, then he's out. Saka - is he a left sided player, right sided player or now a central player?

So, if you won't criticise any of the above, are you saying he's got a completely free pass to fuck about every single week without consequence?

Yes.
This season is over. He has to fuck about to establish who he can trust with those he will be allowed to keep. Martinelli, I agree is a bright spark, so is Saka. Has he been by told by the club they have received an offer for Martinelli they cannot refuse? There is absolutely no guarantee Martinelli will be at the club next season.

We live in an age where the media and every bullshi.t social media platform dreams up the most bizarre and unrealistic transfer rumours every single fcuking season, and yet you conjure up some sort of wild theory that no c.unt anywhere has suggested ? Stop man ffs - your efforts to defend arteta here are embarrasing :oops: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:26 pm
Nos89 wrote:

That is one player who you wanted to bring on as a substitute not in the starting line up. Personally, I'd have brought on Ozil and put Auba through the middle. The game was tight and he still has the capability to pick out a pass that can change the game. Tierney worked hard at city, and given the amount of time he has been out this season, maybe, the brighton game was too soon for him. I bet he starts against southampton.

Tierney starts in my team no doubt about it - not one of these players played a game in over 100 days so none of them are fit, and Tierney should be no further behind than the rest of them.

Martinelli should have started, and worst case scenario comes on as a sub, and it is a disgrace that in the midst of 2 diabolical performances he isnt thought of as a guy that can make a difference :roll:

For the life of me I do not understand why he keeps playing willock :? The guy scores 2 goals in warm-up games against championship teams, and this see's him promoted in arteta's plans ?? :shock: Do me a favour. The guy scored 2 goals against championship teams cos that is his level :roll:

Can anyone tell me where he played Tierney when he brought him on cos no defender was subbed ? Explain how, when you need a goal fast, how a manager can bring on an extra defender instead of a more attack minded player :? :cussing: :cussing:

There is no logic to what arteta is doing right now ? He played holding cos of a serious lack of centre backs so I wont pan either of them for the first brighton goal. However arteta is showing all the signs of a guy that is out of his depth and doesnt know how to halt the slide of a club that has been falling apart long before he arrived