Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Brighton A Sat 14/03 KO 3pm

Post by John F »

Red Snapper wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:32 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 am
John F wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:53 am

My son told me a similar story yesterday of a women coming in to the doctors shouting that she had the virus ,madness.
I agree that’s One Step Beyond !
Shut Up, sounds like she's an Embarrassment !!
Not letting her near Our House.
Not the house of fun anymore then?!
She had Baggy Trousers on.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:45 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 am

I agree that’s One Step Beyond !
That's My Girl

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm
John F wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
John F wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

That's My Girl
She's mad at me..

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'd stick her on a Night boat to Cairo!

John F

Post by John F »

After all this piss taking I feel I need to tell the story again.It started off as a grey day when she walked in the surgery wearing baggy trousers .She told the receptionist that "my name is Micheal Caine and can you hurry up as I've got a plane to catch to Los Palmas at 7" .My son attracted to her one tooth as teeth are rare in Grimsby thought to himself this must be love.He decided to chat her up with the line " I like driving in my car it's not quite a jaguar . "Shut up" came the reply "your an embarrassment" .Feeling rejected and sitting back down next to his girlfriend he thought oops I think my girls mad at me.The girl with the one tooth started shouting" 111 told me to come here as I have got the virus"(true).Security got involved and told her not to go one step beyond the reception desk otherwise she would be sent flying as if she had the wings of a dove.She decided to run out the surgery into the sun and rain to meet her uncle Sam who was putting a bet on Johnny the horse.I do hope you do not reply to this post with any bad manners. :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

John F wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:40 am
After all this piss taking I feel I need to tell the story again.It started off as a grey day when she walked in the surgery wearing baggy trousers .She told the receptionist that "my name is Micheal Caine and can you hurry up as I've got a plane to catch to Los Palmas at 7" .My son attracted to her one tooth as teeth are rare in Grimsby thought to himself this must be love.He decided to chat her up with the line " I like driving in my car it's not quite a jaguar . "Shut up" came the reply "your an embarrassment" .Feeling rejected and sitting back down next to his girlfriend he thought oops I think my girls mad at me.The girl with the one tooth started shouting" 111 told me to come here as I have got the virus"(true).Security got involved and told her not to go one step beyond the reception desk otherwise she would be sent flying as if she had the wings of a dove.She decided to run out the surgery into the sun and rain to meet her uncle Sam who was putting a bet on Johnny the horse.I do hope you do not reply to this post with any bad manners. :D
Follow it up with bad manners?? I don't know if I can can :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:40 am
Follow it up with bad manners?? I don't know if I can can :lol:
Lip up fatty !

nut flush gooner

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by nut flush gooner »

Pleased to say that 5 days after my scare in the local GP surgery not presenting symptoms.

However, the incubation span of the virus is a good few weeks so I wont be counting any chickens. Regardless because I have compromised immunity, I am one of the at-risk and I heard earlier that it could be up to seven months of social isolation required.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 am
Pleased to say that 5 days after my scare in the local GP surgery not presenting symptoms.

However, the incubation span of the virus is a good few weeks so I wont be counting any chickens. Regardless because I have compromised immunity, I am one of the at-risk and I heard earlier that it could be up to seven months of social isolation required.
Jeepers that is a long stretch mate. Hope you avoid the virus and stay healthy. Be safe.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:

7 months, really, that's a seriously long time, howwould you get by, where abouts are you from mate and btw best wishes.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Jeepers that is a long stretch mate. Hope you avoid the virus and stay healthy. Be safe.
How are you mate, do you think you've got it, got any symptoms.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

How are you mate, do you think you've got it, got any symptoms.
I'm a North London lad mate, near bounds green about 20 mins from the hallowed turf.

Not too bothered about the 7 month stretch, I read that the virus has an incubation period of up to 23 days after exposure to going down with symptoms. After 11 days its 99.7% certain based on current stats that I shouldn't get it, lets hope im not that 0.3%. No symptoms apart from a slightly blocked nose and I put that down to stress more than anything else.

With regards to dealing with the isolation, the way I look at it from next week after day 11. I can Socially Isolate so go for walks, interact with neighbours outside the house. We have a whatsapp group for our street where people are looking out for people that are high risk. I have online shopping licked, got it booked for 2 weeks ahead, if I run short on stuff can get the WhatsApp group to sort it.

I talk to a lot of my mates on Social Media as they are all over the country. I think it would be harder to deal with without having an online presence.

After a rough few years with Brexit, this is bringing the best out of people it's about time we all came back together with no matter what side of the fence we sit on. At the end of the day we are all Arsenal and thats all that counts. I will cherish my next Arsenal game and the beers I have with mates more than anything I have for a long time.

Keep safe everyone, and thanks Leftfootlegend for asking how things are. It's been a very stressful week.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:49 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
John F wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

That's My Girl
She's mad at me..
If we all catch it we'll be Yesterdays Men............and flying off On The Wings of a Dove

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

3pm Saturday 20th June
Live on BT sport

just imagine if supporters were allowed for this match.

a Saturday afternoon kick off in Brighton in mid summer....would be a great away day :barscarf: