CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Haha Holy fuck!
I see the mousers have reversed their decision to furlough their staff!
They insist though “it wasn’t their fault”
Truth is most of them were probably still signing on every week anyway!
Ahh those loveable rogues :roll:
Now they have to accept responsibility for Heysel and publicly apologise to Evra for the Suarez t shirts..

NickF

Post by NickF »

I see a lot in the news about players taking wage cuts. The thing they don't really explain is where the money saved is actually going.

Premier league clubs aren't poor so there is no reason why they can't pay their non playing staff in full.

If it were a choice of paying the player full wages or Kroenke getting his greedy hands on the money saved, I know which I'd prefer.

On a side note, I had to play against Arsenal in a match on Fifa mobile. Within 10 seconds of starting I was fouled by Xhaka. At least it is true to life.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm
goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm
Boris in intensive care! I’ve always liked Boris, hope he pulls through!
Don't particularly like him but sincerely hope he pulls through..Anyone going on social media and rejoicing in his illness or Pep's mother's death is a caaant of the highest order..
I actively despise the pompous racist toff cùnt but I also hope he survives it. I cannot understand these keyboard warriors that wish death on people and rejoice in their illness at a time like this.

Not aimed at me I assume ? There is a big difference between wishing him to die (which I didnt do), and saying I dont give a fcuk about him and his sickness (which I did say)
No not at all augster. Aimed at the brainless online mongs hoping he dies from it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm
I see a lot in the news about players taking wage cuts. The thing they don't really explain is where the money saved is actually going.

Premier league clubs aren't poor so there is no reason why they can't pay their non playing staff in full.

If it were a choice of paying the player full wages or Kroenke getting his greedy hands on the money saved, I know which I'd prefer.

On a side note, I had to play against Arsenal in a match on Fifa mobile. Within 10 seconds of starting I was fouled by Xhaka. At least it is true to life.
:lol:

Did he also repeatedly give you the ball whilst under no pressure whatsoever? :D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:25 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm

:lol:

Did he also repeatedly give you the ball whilst under no pressure whatsoever? :D
And then tell you to ‘Fuck Off’!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I see the victim scum are now claiming their plans to furlough staff, was “leaked” by a premier league rival :shock:
I knew it wasnt their fault :roll:
Even in these difficult times, it’s all about these c u n t s!!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

And that other shower of shit have been at it again too with Maureen apparently holding a fitness session with three players in a park :oops:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ronavirus/

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know the NHS, the government and many other agencies & sources have listed the "symptoms" a person can or might experience if they get the Virus, but could someone say 'exactly' what it's like (sorry to those of you who have it or have (possibly) had it)..But I keep getting Temperature fluctuations, odd bouts of a (dry) cough that come & go for a few minutes and I've had the Mother of ALL Headaches for about 4 days now..constant.

A few weeks ago when it first hit the UK, 2 people in my department got the symptoms and those who had been in contact with them had to self-isolate for 7 days, okay fine, but \I didn't feel ill in any real way - Just sniffling and cold-like symptoms...Only one of those two went on to have it.

Now 2 weeks later, I am beginning to wonder if I did or do have it...I don't feel particularly 'Unwell'...but as we are so short staffed 12 people left running the place out of 80!.. and myself and the other 11 don't want to not work unless we really think we have it...if that makes sense, BUT Neither do we want to act irresponsibly to everyone else...

Put it this way IF Someone has it Do they Really KNOW they have it..by how they feel.

Sorry if that sounds unclear! :oops:

OBG. :|

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Can't help you re the symptoms but I will say that you should not martyr yourself for the cause .
Worked for 12 years for a company through thick and thin , never took time off apart from Holidays but when redundancy came round the corner , away I went .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm
I know the NHS, the government and many other agencies & sources have listed the "symptoms" a person can or might experience if they get the Virus, but could someone say 'exactly' what it's like (sorry to those of you who have it or have (possibly) had it)..But I keep getting Temperature fluctuations, odd bouts of a (dry) cough that come & go for a few minutes and I've had the Mother of ALL Headaches for about 4 days now..constant.

A few weeks ago when it first hit the UK, 2 people in my department got the symptoms and those who had been in contact with them had to self-isolate for 7 days, okay fine, but \I didn't feel ill in any real way - Just sniffling and cold-like symptoms...Only one of those two went on to have it.

Now 2 weeks later, I am beginning to wonder if I did or do have it...I don't feel particularly 'Unwell'...but as we are so short staffed 12 people left running the place out of 80!.. and myself and the other 11 don't want to not work unless we really think we have it...if that makes sense, BUT Neither do we want to act irresponsibly to everyone else...

Put it this way IF Someone has it Do they Really KNOW they have it..by how they feel.

The symptoms can be vastly different for different people mate. Some people will get all symptoms, some only a couple symptoms, some will get severe symptoms and some will only get mild symptoms - and there is every variation in between!

Self isolate and phone your GP and / or local public health advice line.

My GP informed me there are also about 20 different flu and respiratory viruses doing the rounds at the moment as well as COVID.

Either way seek advice and stay hydrated and be safe.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Crikey, hope you are ok fella.

I think different people have more or less severe symptoms, some are even asymptomatic and this is where Italy got caught out as they were checking peoples temperature before allowing them in the country and not making them self isolate.

From what I've heard a dry cough and high temperature, the cough would be new and a coughing episode of an hour or three coughing episodes in 24 hours.

I know people who have said they are sure they had it but that it was back in January, two young lads that work for my brother in the building trade were hospitalized and put on ventilators, my brother also had a really bad cough (I know because I was helping him build his own house from December to February) and awful headaches.

No one will know until they get all these test kits out that verify whether or not you have already had it.

But I would not go to work for sure, you might have it and pass it on to someone that won't survive it.

Hope you get over it (whatever it is) with no real issues.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:18 pm
Can't help you re the symptoms but I will say that you should not martyr yourself for the cause .
Worked for 12 years for a company through thick and thin , never took time off apart from Holidays but when redundancy came round the corner , away I went .
The private sector is dog eat dog. I worked in construction for 15 years and saw it all. Took a massive pay cut to go into the public sector and it took me over 5 years to work back up to anywhere near what I had been earning. But the job security and pension were worth it with a mortgage and young kids and (at the time) a recession about to kick in.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

No one will know until they get all these test kits out that verify whether or not you have already had it.

But I would not go to work for sure, you might have it and pass it on to someone that won't survive it.

Hope you get over it (whatever it is) with no real issues.

I would echo the above.

I said on here a while ago that I thought my daughter came back with it from Paris after the New Year. She had a ridiculous temperature, couldn't get out of bed for a week, was sick, had the sweats and was delirious. After about 5 days of this came a dry cough and as she appeared to be getting better she had a bit of a relapse. We were borderline on taking her to A&E but in the end saw a nurse at our local GPs. She reckoned it was a chest infection which didn't really convince us but then again Coronavirus hadn't been officially invented then. Well even after she got out of bed she complained that she was knackered and her chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it and she still suffers discomfort now - 3 months later. I would love her to be tested because I am convinved she had it and that would throw a bit of a spanner in the works (along with many other cases no doubt) as to the official start date.

The wife had to call 101 last week for her sister who lives up north as a concern call because she couldn't contact her and she had been feeling unwell. The ambo checked her address and got no answer so called plod to put in the door. They found her semi delirious in her bedroom and basically after checking her over told her that she probably had it and to continue to self isolate. She wasn't bad enough to be taken in but was in a pretty poor way. She is 53 and described her symptoms as pretty much the same as my daughter experienced. Bottom line is that she wasn't tested so no official confirmation.

If you have any concern that you may have it then you should do the whole self isolation thing because no bugger can say for sure whever you do or don't have it so best play it safe.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The bit I don't understand about the lockdown is that the parks are still open and free to walk around, and if you've got friends or family working in retail you can go and visit them in the shop they are working with, along with any tom, dick or harry, yet cannot visit them in the safety and sanctity of their home.
Driving to and from work I've see more people walking, running and cycling around spitting openly (especially those exercising) and nothing happens. Yet, you can get pulled up for visiting a healthy relative or friend. Does not make sense. Close the parks, close all shops for 14 days.
Also, tensions are beginning to build up in supermarkets between customers and staff as social distancing is becoming a problem. I think this weekend is gonna be completely shit for shop workers, especially when the Easter eggs run out. There is only a certain amount of abuse shop workers can take before it all kicks off.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fuck right off , I'm already amazed by the sllimy acquiescence to this bullshit . I go walking every day across the Heath and always keep my distance but the OB are overstepping the mark and getting heavy with people in their own family groups enjoying the fresh air which I see nothing wrong with.
Conversely I see potential virus spreaders every time I go shopping for groceries with people using undanitised trolleys and pawing the goods on the shelves . Health workers in particular are spreading the virus far and wide because of the lack of hygiene in hospitals which for years has already been a disgrace for other diseases and infections. Ambulance staff are also going down like flies ,I know this because I have mates who are LAS staff . Governments worldwide have known about the possibility of a flu pandemic for years but as usual we have taken zero steps to prepare for this one and worse we reacted to this one very slowly which has led to many more deaths. I have no opinion on Boris and if he lives or dies because frankly I dont care about him as a person but he has a lot to answer for with regard to our shambolic performance in containment of this killer disease.