CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:38 pm
There are good things to come out of this dreadful time!
Im enjoying late mornings, breakfast together with my family, gardening, even cutting the grass!
Most of all, my little 9 year old Donal, who has Downs Syndrome and is who is ensuring we will be exhausted but never bored!!
And a beer every nite :wink:
I hope you’re all managing well and staying healthy!!
Take care!!
Same mate, me and my two eldest have spent the last five days lifting the back lawn and we're about halfway through, we're spending 3 or 4 hours a day on it, it went to ratshit over the winter and was basically weeds and tree roots with no grass, never tried something like this before so its a steep learning curve but we're sort of enjoying it and it is surprisingly good exercise, i reckon i've lost a few kilos already... :rubchin:

Any gardiners on here with advice on how to level it properly without a roller :wink:
Gardening is very therapeutic, especially weeding as an hour will go by in what seems 20 mins!
On your lawn? heres my amateur but experienced advice!
If you’re re-laying your old lawn or laying new lawn, try to rake your soil to a fine tilth (like a crumble) then gently stamp it down to remove pockets under the soil, then rake again, repeat another couple of times, rake again until surface looks like a crumble, then lay your grass!
If sewing new grass , it’s basically the same process, just sprinkle seeds and rake them in, keep them watered, but late summet / autumn better for sewing new seed!
Good luck!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's like the close season but without the transfer nonsense.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:39 pm
Further three weeks of restrictions in Ireland

I give it another 10 days before the lockdown crumbles at our feet with people ignoring the rules of it all - I said all along that people would comply as long as it was viewed as a relatively short-term thing and that they could see a light at the end of that long tunnel, but what we have now is a realisation that this is in effect an indefinite lockdown, and people will start to resent it and slip back to their old ways. I also think that a lot of the problem is caused by a high percentage of people - everywhere I turn there seems to be ordinary people (not the experts) saying that we can write off the rest of this year and the pubs and restaraunts wont open again for 6 months, and there will be no sport played until 2021, and that kind of thought process will imo light a fire under some who will not give up living their life for that long. Experts are saying that we will have to ease slowly back before life will go back to the way it was and that is an understandable plan, but don't expect it to be that smooth - as soon as some restrictions are lifted there will be a clamour from people to lift restrictions in area's of life that they themselves are interested in, and patience might be in short supply by then.

Anyone read the story about the private plane from the uk that was turned away by the French authorities last weekend ? Apparently some very wealthy people hired a private jet to bring them out to france where they had villa's booked - the jet was to bring them to an airport and there was then helicopters arranged to fly them to the villa's, but when they landed the plane there was authorities there and they refused them entry into france and sent them back to the uk. This is a prime example of how the system should be run and shows the Irish system up to be shambolic - a politician on Irish news this evening said it is now harder for someone to get from Dublin to cork (cos of garda checkpoints) than it is to get from England to Dublin, and that is a ridiculous fact :roll: :oops: :oops:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just read that bindipper in chief Dalglish has it. Cue the JUSTICE FOR THE CORONA 1 campaign. What better way to draw attention from your own absolute shitbag cuntishness than by claiming you've suffered too. Oh, just, like Heysel and Hillsborough, you say. Never. They'll all be boycotting the NHS within a week.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Anyone read the story about the private plane from the uk that was turned away by the French authorities last weekend ? Apparently some very wealthy people hired a private jet to bring them out to france where they had villa's booked - the jet was to bring them to an airport and there was then helicopters arranged to fly them to the villa's, but when they landed the plane there was authorities there and they refused them entry into france and sent them back to the uk. This is a prime example of how the system should be run and shows the Irish system up to be shambolic - a politician on Irish news this evening said it is now harder for someone to get from Dublin to cork (cos of garda checkpoints) than it is to get from England to Dublin, and that is a ridiculous fact :roll: :oops: :oops:

Just literally read that story 2 mins ago and have to say I am stunned by it. The good news is that non of the blokes were UK or Oirish - there is no mention of where the three tarts that accompanied them were from. After landing in France they had three helicopters lined up to transfer them onwards to the French Riviera. I can't believe that the French didn't just lock them all up especially as these tits argued when the police told the 3 helicopter pilots to piss off. They could have at least grounded the aircraft and put all and sundry into 14 days quarantine as payback.

If the dickhead police chiefs in this country want to do something useful then they should go and fu.ck up these twats instead of making cocks of themselves. I see one of our girls in blue tried to pick a fight with some bloke for sitting in his own front garden......yup the apology was issued later on in the day. Some of them really are as thick as shit.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There will be loads of stories placed into the press like the private plane one and many others to firstly to distract the attention of the public and to find scapegoats to blame for the massive increase in deaths.
This Government does not want to be scrutinised because they are failing miserably in their public duties.
The Hospitals nationwide dont have enough ppe for health workers and has zero chance of of getting testing up to the 100k level by end month,its all pie in the sky .
NHS workers are dropping like flies and the virus is killing young old and gingers without decriminalisation .
They are also distorting the death figures they are much higher according to my NHzs chums but the Government have issued instructions to keep the lid .
The now farcical daily briefing are at ocompletely at odds with what Doctors on the ground are saying.
It is imperative at this time to look hard at reporting g because a lot of hacks will just invent stories to rattle us all.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

One thing that you can bet on is that we are not being told the whole truth and that when it is known it will be suppressed so that the people responsible escape scott free.
Anyone that has experienced the NHS tribe over the last 20 years knows that the Indians ( i.e Nurses , front line doctors , cleaning , ward maintenance staff etc work under extreme pressure and are as good as you can get . Then the chiefs , of which there are too many , are inefficient , do not communicate , have endless group meetings and yet seem to be paid more .

augie

Post by augie »

Christ the papers are running desperately short on stories to run

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-manager/

Whoever wrote the headline clearly needs a new keyboard cos an "L" clearly came out instead of an "N" :lol: :lol: :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Whoever wrote the headline clearly needs a new keyboard cos an "L" clearly came out instead of an "N" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant :D :D :D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

https://platform.organise.org.uk/campai ... urce=blast

Hi all fellow Gooners. Please sign the above petition and share with as many as possible. Pressure is growing for help for all, particularly those who have been completely abandoned by the Government, myself included. Much appreciated. Stay safe.

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Oh FFS, I never thought I'd see the day!

This 'cult' is clearly delusional. :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:12 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Just literally read that story 2 mins ago and have to say I am stunned by it. The good news is that non of the blokes were UK or Oirish - there is no mention of where the three tarts that accompanied them were from. After landing in France they had three helicopters lined up to transfer them onwards to the French Riviera. I can't believe that the French didn't just lock them all up especially as these tits argued when the police told the 3 helicopter pilots to piss off. They could have at least grounded the aircraft and put all and sundry into 14 days quarantine as payback.

If the dickhead police chiefs in this country want to do something useful then they should go and fu.ck up these twats instead of making cocks of themselves. I see one of our girls in blue tried to pick a fight with some bloke for sitting in his own front garden......yup the apology was issued later on in the day. Some of them really are as thick as shit.
I think you will find that doesn't wash with our anti british agenda mandate held by one person so cant be true, cos we all know this pandemic is the British fault as well as as every other castophhre bla bla bla :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:21 am
One thing that you can bet on is that we are not being told the whole truth and that when it is known it will be suppressed so that the people responsible escape scott free.
Anyone that has experienced the NHS tribe over the last 20 years knows that the Indians ( i.e Nurses , front line doctors , cleaning , ward maintenance staff etc work under extreme pressure and are as good as you can get . Then the chiefs , of which there are too many , are inefficient , do not communicate , have endless group meetings and yet seem to be paid more .
Now I agree that NHS staff deserve a lot of respect for sure but when it comes to cleaners I'm going to tell you a true story that may not apply to all hospitals but definitely this one.

I worked on the access control systems for a south London hospital that had a huge extension, while I was commissioning the system they had cleaners in groups of 3 and 4 sanitizing everything.

All these cleaners were foreign (African etc) and I watched them do a so called deep clean, I pointed out to them several areas that needed cleaning that they were missing and they just blanked me.

This is the level that they are used to and the reason why desease is rife in their countries so why the fuck would you employ them to clean our hospitals knowing their standards are fuckin atrocious.

Back in the day when old school midwives and matrons, nurses were in charge, hospitals were emaculate, it's not rocket fucking science ffs.

It's called hard work and an attention to detail that these people do not possess, that's not racist it's a fact, I've worked in Africa and I've seen it first hand.

With regard crying about some people going out or working etc, I can only assume these individuals are getting paid fully or work behind a safe screen, typical
Of the current climate, it's like a multi millionaire saying please stay at home ffs, pricks.

The best solution would have been herd immunity, put all the vulnerable people in lockdown and let the rest of us get working, only civil servants would argue against this.

LeftfootlegendGooner

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:21 am
Now I agree that NHS staff deserve a lot of respect for sure but when it comes to cleaners I'm going to tell you a true story that may not apply to all hospitals but definitely this one.

I worked on the access control systems for a south London hospital that had a huge extension, while I was commissioning the system they had cleaners in groups of 3 and 4 sanitizing everything.

All these cleaners were foreign (African etc) and I watched them do a so called deep clean, I pointed out to them several areas that needed cleaning that they were missing and they just blanked me.

This is the level that they are used to and the reason why desease is rife in their countries so why the fuck would you employ them to clean our hospitals knowing their standards are fuckin atrocious.

Back in the day when old school midwives and matrons, nurses were in charge, hospitals were emaculate, it's not rocket fucking science ffs.

It's called hard work and an attention to detail that these people do not possess, that's not racist it's a fact, I've worked in Africa and I've seen it first hand.

With regard crying about some people going out or working etc, I can only assume these individuals are getting paid fully or work behind a safe screen, typical
Of the current climate, it's like a multi millionaire saying please stay at home ffs, pricks.

The best solution would have been herd immunity, put all the vulnerable people in lockdown and let the rest of us get working, only civil servants would argue against this.
What I should have added that these so called cleaners did nothing other than chat to each other or on their phones with the odd lazy swipe of a rail.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

NHS ‘fat cats’ are the easiest targets of all. Greedy bastards obviously.

In my job I have dealt with all sorts of senior executives, from those in small companies on 30k up to those on 7 figures.

By far the hardest working I’ve ever come across were NHS exec directors. Under an unbelievable amount of pressure and incomparable amount of public scrutiny, you’re as likely to receive an email at 3pm on a Sunday or 5am on a Thursday as you were at 11am on a weekday. 150k and a great pension but genuinely a fraction of what a similar role would command in the private sector.

And this from somebody who enjoys bashing the public sector as much as anybody you’ll ever meet.