CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by northbank123 »

NHS ‘fat cats’ are the easiest targets of all. Greedy bastards obviously.

In my job I have dealt with all sorts of senior executives, from those in small companies on 30k up to those on 7 figures.

By far the hardest working I’ve ever come across were NHS exec directors. Under an unbelievable amount of pressure and incomparable amount of public scrutiny, you’re as likely to receive an email at 3pm on a Sunday or 5am on a Thursday as you were at 11am on a weekday. 150k and a great pension but genuinely a fraction of what a similar role would command in the private sector.

And this from somebody who enjoys bashing the public sector as much as anybody you’ll ever meet.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be quite frank i'm getting a bit nauseous with the over the top tributes to the NHS, now i'm not saying the vast majority of them aren't doing a very good and currently dangerous job, but there will be those who aren't even amongst Doctors and Nurses. Just like anyone else put in a dangerous situation there will be shirkers, slackers and those who think they know it all and end up making mistakes. Not only thid it is only s certain amount of them actually dealing with Coronavirus patients, many are doing their regular work, for those on the frontline yes it is bad, as i said elsewhere they are going to be exhausted and require a lot of rehabilitation once this is over but it is not the whole NHS, some of them face no more danger than those working in Supermarkets coming into contact with significantly more individuals daily with considerably less safety equipment.

The problem i have with some of it is the way they keep talking about going into battle without armour, ie PPE, take it from me i know what that really feels like and when i was doing it no-one except a very select few or those who politicised it, gave a shit. Much like us ex and current military types, when you go into Doctoring or Nursing you know exactly what you are getting into and if you dont then you probably shouldn't have entered the profession, unfortunately you can't just be a Doctor or Nurse during the easy times.... that may be brutal but it is still true.

As for the whole PPE thing, there are over 56,000 registered dependancies in the UK requiring PPE at the moment, the logistics of production, procurement and distribution for an operation that size are mind blowing so yes mistakes are going to be made, its shit but that is where we are. I wonder how much wastage there is currently where PPE is being used over zealously or even incorrectly.

The same goes with testing, producing sufficient test and then distributing them, recovering them and them making sure they are rigorously scrutinised to give the correct results. I'm not defending the idiots in Parliament here but the i do understand why and how these things can go wrong. Germany being used as the 'measure' is utterly ridiculous considering they have a 40% greater normal capacity for scientific testing than us and were already geared up and carrying out a lot of the normal scientific and medical testing that other central European countries could not manage themselves.....and lets be honest it's Germany, all normal stereotyping aside they are THE most efficient nation and people in Europe.

The fact that some journalists and other politicians are still trying to score points over people dying is sickening, especially when they rarely have a viable alternative to what is currently happening and is being reviewed as regularly as is practicable.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 pm
https://platform.organise.org.uk/campai ... urce=blast

Hi all fellow Gooners. Please sign the above petition and share with as many as possible. Pressure is growing for help for all, particularly those who have been completely abandoned by the Government, myself included. Much appreciated. Stay safe.
Just a reminder to sign and share. All help much appreciated.

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:21 am
One thing that you can bet on is that we are not being told the whole truth and that when it is known it will be suppressed so that the people responsible escape scott free.
Anyone that has experienced the NHS tribe over the last 20 years knows that the Indians ( i.e Nurses , front line doctors , cleaning , ward maintenance staff etc work under extreme pressure and are as good as you can get . Then the chiefs , of which there are too many , are inefficient , do not communicate , have endless group meetings and yet seem to be paid more .
Now I agree that NHS staff deserve a lot of respect for sure but when it comes to cleaners I'm going to tell you a true story that may not apply to all hospitals but definitely this one.

I worked on the access control systems for a south London hospital that had a huge extension, while I was commissioning the system they had cleaners in groups of 3 and 4 sanitizing everything.

All these cleaners were foreign (African etc) and I watched them do a so called deep clean, I pointed out to them several areas that needed cleaning that they were missing and they just blanked me.

This is the level that they are used to and the reason why desease is rife in their countries so why the fuck would you employ them to clean our hospitals knowing their standards are fuckin atrocious.

Back in the day when old school midwives and matrons, nurses were in charge, hospitals were emaculate, it's not rocket fucking science ffs.

It's called hard work and an attention to detail that these people do not possess, that's not racist it's a fact, I've worked in Africa and I've seen it first hand.

With regard crying about some people going out or working etc, I can only assume these individuals are getting paid fully or work behind a safe screen, typical
Of the current climate, it's like a multi millionaire saying please stay at home ffs, pricks.

The best solution would have been herd immunity, put all the vulnerable people in lockdown and let the rest of us get working, only civil servants would argue against this.

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You mean the civil servants that drew up the 80% stay at home scheme that they all qualify for.

Regarding people not doing their jobs correctly , that happens everywhere and comes under the domain of their management teams to make sure it doesn't happen , and if t does , make sure it doesn't happen again.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm
A11M11 wrote:
One thing that you can bet on is that we are not being told the whole truth and that when it is known it will be suppressed so that the people responsible escape scott free.
Anyone that has experienced the NHS tribe over the last 20 years knows that the Indians ( i.e Nurses , front line doctors , cleaning , ward maintenance staff etc work under extreme pressure and are as good as you can get . Then the chiefs , of which there are too many , are inefficient , do not communicate , have endless group meetings and yet seem to be paid more .
Now I agree that NHS staff deserve a lot of respect for sure but when it comes to cleaners I'm going to tell you a true story that may not apply to all hospitals but definitely this one.

I worked on the access control systems for a south London hospital that had a huge extension, while I was commissioning the system they had cleaners in groups of 3 and 4 sanitizing everything.

All these cleaners were foreign (African etc) and I watched them do a so called deep clean, I pointed out to them several areas that needed cleaning that they were missing and they just blanked me.

This is the level that they are used to and the reason why desease is rife in their countries so why the fuck would you employ them to clean our hospitals knowing their standards are fuckin atrocious.

Back in the day when old school midwives and matrons, nurses were in charge, hospitals were emaculate, it's not rocket fucking science ffs.

It's called hard work and an attention to detail that these people do not possess, that's not racist it's a fact, I've worked in Africa and I've seen it first hand.

With regard crying about some people going out or working etc, I can only assume these individuals are getting paid fully or work behind a safe screen, typical
Of the current climate, it's like a multi millionaire saying please stay at home ffs, pricks.

The best solution would have been herd immunity, put all the vulnerable people in lockdown and let the rest of us get working, only civil servants would argue against this.

Were you as embarrassed as I was to read that Augie. Look around every council estate in this country and you will see people that could do these jobs but choose not too, and of course they would leave our hospitals spotless.

What I don’t get is the Government have fucked up, they let the Tsunami they saw miles off hit the shore yet they are still spinning how we will overcome this scourge, yeah we are heading for a runners up place in the league table of deaths.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:35 pm
augie wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Were you as embarrassed as I was to read that Augie. Look around every council estate in this country and you will see people that could do these jobs but choose not too, and of course they would leave our hospitals spotless.

What I don’t get is the Government have fucked up, they let the Tsunami they saw miles off hit the shore yet they are still spinning how we will overcome this scourge, yeah we are heading for a runners up place in the league table of deaths.
Judge us in May! :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:06 am
To be quite frank i'm getting a bit nauseous with the over the top tributes to the NHS, now i'm not saying the vast majority of them aren't doing a very good and currently dangerous job, but there will be those who aren't even amongst Doctors and Nurses. Just like anyone else put in a dangerous situation there will be shirkers, slackers and those who think they know it all and end up making mistakes. Not only thid it is only s certain amount of them actually dealing with Coronavirus patients, many are doing their regular work, for those on the frontline yes it is bad, as i said elsewhere they are going to be exhausted and require a lot of rehabilitation once this is over but it is not the whole NHS, some of them face no more danger than those working in Supermarkets coming into contact with significantly more individuals daily with considerably less safety equipment.

The problem i have with some of it is the way they keep talking about going into battle without armour, ie PPE, take it from me i know what that really feels like and when i was doing it no-one except a very select few or those who politicised it, gave a shit. Much like us ex and current military types, when you go into Doctoring or Nursing you know exactly what you are getting into and if you dont then you probably shouldn't have entered the profession, unfortunately you can't just be a Doctor or Nurse during the easy times.... that may be brutal but it is still true.

As for the whole PPE thing, there are over 56,000 registered dependancies in the UK requiring PPE at the moment, the logistics of production, procurement and distribution for an operation that size are mind blowing so yes mistakes are going to be made, its shit but that is where we are. I wonder how much wastage there is currently where PPE is being used over zealously or even incorrectly.

The same goes with testing, producing sufficient test and then distributing them, recovering them and them making sure they are rigorously scrutinised to give the correct results. I'm not defending the idiots in Parliament here but the i do understand why and how these things can go wrong. Germany being used as the 'measure' is utterly ridiculous considering they have a 40% greater normal capacity for scientific testing than us and were already geared up and carrying out a lot of the normal scientific and medical testing that other central European countries could not manage themselves.....and lets be honest it's Germany, all normal stereotyping aside they are THE most efficient nation and people in Europe.

The fact that some journalists and other politicians are still trying to score points over people dying is sickening, especially when they rarely have a viable alternative to what is currently happening and is being reviewed as regularly as is practicable.
Your wrong about Germany, its nothing to do with their efficiency its because they had a coherent strategy to deal with the virus. Enough testing kits and enough ventilator machines. We had two months to prepare for this and we also had the examples of Singapore, Hong Kong and most importantly South Korea on how to deal with the threat.

The technology is here as is the ability to get testing kits that could have easily been outsourced to large Pharma companies, Glaxosmithkline and Astrazeneca being two of the largest UK firms in the world. These companies are working on treatments so for sure they had the expertise to produce diagnostic testing kits.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Successive Goverments have been running down the NHS for decades , Boris did nothing on this but suck his thumb and hope it would go away.
They lie to us every day and yet people feel sorry for him fuck him the evil cant.
Health workers are continuing to spread the virus . If I were you dont shop in any supermarket near a Hospital.
The country isnt counting nursing home casualties home deaths and non testing deaths so u can be sure that the real death toll is far far higher .
It's going to get a lot worse here in the UK .

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:35 pm
augie wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Tbh I'm not sure embarrassed is the right word buddy - I find it hilarious and hypocritical that any person can go off in a generalised rant against African people, can then claim that the are not racist, and can then incorrectly accuse someone else as being racist :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

So the Swamp Dwellers finally and rightly reverse the Furloughing of their staff. But nowhere in their statement do they apologise or admit they were wrong. Talk of ‘different pressures to normal businesses’, whatever the fuck that means. Still classless.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Have to Self Isolate.
Very sore throat
Coughing bouts started yesterday
High temperature (chest, neck, upper back) fuckk I'm Boiling

:(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:46 am
Have to Self Isolate.
Very sore throat
Coughing bouts started yesterday
High temperature (chest, neck, upper back) fuckk I'm Boiling

:(
Take care of yourself, horrible time for you and your family...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Oirish radio station reporting that Arsenal players have rejected a request to cut wages. Players, apparently, are willing to defer wages instead

NickF

Post by NickF »

Alf Garnett is alive and well it seems (thought he was West Ham though).