CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 am
augie wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 am
Have I stumbled onto the Brexit thread by accident ? :? :banghead:
This discussion was originally about how completely shite the Government has handled the whole of the virus crisis. Jock then seemed to insist it was a left/right thing and reraised that old chestnut. I think we can all agree whether you are ‘left’, ‘right’ or an individual, this Government stinks and the whole Scummings scandal and their support for him is just the latest example.

No I don't think that is quite correct - what a surprise!. As I recall I was having a pop at the mickeys refusing to send their kids back to school. I also mocked those coming away with the statement of going back to work "when it's safe" because how the fuck do you classify safe now. I made this statement as somebody who has worked through the virus as has my wife who is a school nursery nurse. We weren't getting anywhere chewing the fat over this and YOU then asked if I was a DM or Sun reader which in my book means you got the whole left / right thing started. You old commie bastard you!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

shu wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am
Jock , you are doing a great job of building up a profile of him haha , really he he is a far left Corbyn lover (though he says not), but liking Tony Ben says it all . And more importantly he Is a remainder , so loser :D

But seriously whatever government that would be in would have a difficult job , we just have to hope there is a answer somewhere.
:lol:

Free thinker......Wedgie Benn......centrist....... indeed :shock: Honesty is all I'm after :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

shu wrote:
Jock , you are doing a great job of building up a profile of him haha , really he he is a far left Corbyn lover (though he says not), but liking Tony Ben says it all . And more importantly he Is a remainder , so loser :D

But seriously whatever government that would be in would have a difficult job , we just have to hope there is a answer somewhere.
I don't think we should be looking at what a Labour govt and whether they would have done things any better more looking overseas and asking questions like why didn't we follow their lead. There are countless examples where a combination of early lockdown/tracing policies have saved lives across the world.

It's not even hindsight all these countries acted before we did while we dithered. And on top of it just to add insult to injury the twat who invented all these slogans thinks it's ok to drive 250 miles while the rest of us stay at home.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

shu wrote:

Oh dear. So I’m a Corbyn lover even though I mentioned I didn’t like a lot of his ideologies and liking Tony Benn “says it all”! Read his biography Shu, and you might get enlightened. Very fair thinking and caring politician. And I’m classed as a Remainer, therefore a loser (followed by a smiley face which says it all). Again I was open minded on Brexit. I think there were massive changes needed but what I don’t like is the racism and xenophobia that was part of their campaign and continues to this day. Along with the continuing lies, lies, lies.
Anyway, let’s concentrate on the virus issues and hope Cummings falls on his sword, eh?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Where's DB10 when you need him?

shu

Post by shu »

Anyway Lux , I apologise for my comments and I hope that you have a good weekend.

It really does look like we should have shut down much earlier and when the flights continued coming back from Italy I was thinking wtf no testing ???

A bloke back from Italy walked in to the doctors in our village saying he was unwell , need I say more !

As for Tony Benn well he called his son frigging Hilary :D why not Maureen or Margaret ( lol good strong English name) , so out of touch he thought it was a bleeding girl :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Oh Shu, you were doing so well until the last paragraph! :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Looks like the Remainer hate mob so desperately trying to get DC the boot are going to have to dig up / make up some more dirt on him :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

goonertux wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm
Thanks , come on we have to have a laugh :barscarf:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Looks like the Remainer hate mob so desperately trying to get DC the boot are going to have to dig up / make up some more dirt on him :lol:
Jock, don’t need a hate mob mate, they’re doing a fine job themselves!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

shu wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:04 pm
goonertux wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:52 pm
Thanks , come on we have to have a laugh :barscarf:
Absolutely.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 am
Where's DB10 when you need him?

It's the weekend and he is a dub ……… he is either thieving, dealing or whoring himself around one of the countless shithole spots up there :roll: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:17 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Jock, don’t need a hate mob mate, they’re doing a fine job themselves!

Fair point :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
The police are looking to investigate where exactly Cummings was during his stay in the North East, if he can get away with driving 260 miles he can't get away from breaking self-isolation/lockdown by travelling away from his home.

Mobile phones keep a track of exactly where you have been, there's CCTV as well. If the police do follow through with this investigation, I expect him to get sacked. How can you trust a man that said this “herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad.”.

This was our policy until Boris realised hundreds of thousands were going to die, and of course, got the disease himself.

Call it a witchhunt or whatever you like, but when Conservative MPs (including members of the ERG) and members of the independent scientific group SAGE criticise Cummings we truly have got a bad egg on our hands.

John F

Post by John F »

On the Cummings story .He must of had to fill up with fuel somewhere to make that journey after being exposed to the virus and I know how it is difficult to make a 200 mile journey with a small child without stopping off somewhere as I have had to do it many times over the years.
Did anyone notice the press ignoring the social distancing rules when they were door stepping him about breaking the covid 19 rules.