CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

I’d say that was more down to strict quarantine and travel restrictions!
If your arguement is to be scientific? Then you need scientific proof! And simply? There isn’t any , for wearing masks, hypothesis, but no evidence!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:34 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:29 pm
The more this goes on, the more I believe we are being lied to on a huge scale!
Masks?
Wear them to protect others, they don’t actually protect you?
WTF!
What kind of fucking mask is that? It keeps germs from escaping your mouth and nose but doesn’t stop them from travelling the other way?
Why then? Not just wear your mask “back to front” ?
Then those of us willing to take our chances with covid19, can choose to wear a mask or not!
Whilst those living in constant media and state generated fear, can feel safe knowing that they are protected by wearing a mask (inside out)
No! We must all fucking wear one, what a load of shite!
The mask offering only protection from you infecting others, is a ploy to generate, fear, paranoia and mistrust of others
The whole world is on hold, to protect the 0.01% of the population, that are likely to die should they contract the virus
It’s fucking insane!
It’s time for the rest of us to start living again and those who fear they can’t, to stay at fucking home or wear a mask “ back to front” and maybe a visor, just to be extra safe !
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!
I despair when I read stuff like this. I could go into a technical rant with scientific studies etc. But I am going to leave you with Jonathan Pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZQkBHysrig&t=2s

COVID fatigue.
Scientific studies, my arse! There’s no definite evidence for wearing masks!
Just a slight chance it may help!
Is there evidence that they don't help?
There’s no evidence that walking around with a carrot stuck up your arse doesn’t help!! :lol:
Interesting that you went straight to the carrot up the arse analogy :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:36 pm
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I despair when I read stuff like this. I could go into a technical rant with scientific studies etc. But I am going to leave you with Jonathan Pie.

COVID fatigue.
There’s no evidence that walking around with a carrot stuck up your arse doesn’t help!! :lol:
Well I couldn’t say banana! It’s racist :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:36 pm
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

COVID fatigue.
:lol:

Even more interesting - I've never seen predictive text spell "cock" as "carrot" before. :D :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Carrot or cock! Both would be more comfortable than wearing a mask :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Th latest b.ullshit stat over here is cases per 100,000 - wtf does that even mean ???

Stats like that dont fill beds ...... real people do, and the number of actual cases (as opposed to some percentage formulated imaginary number of cases :roll: ) and that is only thing that should matter. They talk about the "R" rate (reproduction rate) and early on it was classed as hugely important, but now it is classed as less important that the cases per 100,000 :?

In our county this week on one particular day we had new 2 cases and on that same day dublin (and I am only using them as an example) had 24 new cases - the government tells us that our number is far more worrying cos ours per population is massively higher, despite the fact that after 1 weeks those 2 cases will have turned into 53 cases in Laois, and in the same time those 24 dublin cases will have turned into 644 cases. How the fcuk does that make our situation more critical then, and force us into lockdown while business goes on as normal elsewhere ?? Also the transmission rate in a densely populated county is going to be far, far higher than in a rural county like ours.

The governments are c.unts and if they told me it was sunny outside I would buy an umbrella :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:41 am

The governments are c.unts and if they told me it was sunny outside I would buy an umbrella :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Which incidentally is the next thing Sid is going to try sticking up his arse instead of wearing a mask!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Augie, Edenderry in the North of the county has seen the biggest rise in cases in Offaly in the last 2 months, Birr where I live in the South of the county has had no new cases in the last 2 months, in fact since Feb Birr has has 19 cases and thts remained the same for the last 2 months, now Edenderry is closer to Dublin than it is to birr and we are obviously in lockdown which is ridiculous.

Last Mon i think Ronan Glynn said it wasn't just the meat plants where cases were rising, he actually said there was new cases in Birr, now according to the figures there have been no new cases in Birr in the period June 12th to August 12th,which is the time period their using so he blatantly lied.

They give us daily cases every day, but when questioned or queried on it, they seem to move the goal posts and say oh there not the figures we go by, we go by other figures, like the 14 day average which is interesting because they never mentioned that up until recently when they locked the 3 counties down.

Birr is a small town and its like a ghost town, its sad to see, many of the pubs in the town will never reopen, at 1 stage in the town there was over 30 pubs, there are only 16 left now, not including the 2 hotels.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
What kind of fucking mask is that? It keeps germs from escaping your mouth and nose but doesn’t stop them from travelling the other way?
Then those of us willing to take our chances with covid19, can choose to wear a mask or not!
Whilst those living in constant media and state generated fear, can feel safe knowing that they are protected by wearing a mask (inside out)
The mask offering only protection from you infecting others, is a ploy to generate, fear, paranoia and mistrust of others
The whole world is on hold, to protect the 0.01% of the population, that are likely to die should they contract the virus
It’s fucking insane!
It’s time for the rest of us to start living again and those who fear they can’t, to stay at fucking home or wear a mask “ back to front” and maybe a visor, just to be extra safe !
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

COVID fatigue.
Oh contraire.....I been using that method since the start and I’m perfectly fine :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Stu, you're fooling no-one, you used that method even before CoronaVirus came along :rubchin: :shock: :wink: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

Haha well played Sid – but straight talking and common sense is strictly prohibited when it comes to this pandemic. Living life as though we are all contagious is the way to be. It’s called the ''new normal'' I think :roll:

What we have to remember is that there are hundreds of thousands of people out there that would cover their faces in orange paint if the government told them it offered extra protection! Being forced to wear a mask and keep 2 metres apart is almost as risible in terms of ineffectiveness as being advised in the 1980s that sitting under your kitchen table after propping a mattress up against the door would help you to survive a nuclear blast.

What you say about the mandatory masks though is exactly what I can see being repeated when the vaccine comes along. Despite it being developed in record time and with the long-term effects unknown, millions of healthy people (who might not be quite so healthy afterwards) will still be queuing up for their jab. And those of us who are unwilling to inject this hastily prepared substance into our bodies will be portrayed as anti-social and a danger to society. The vaccine might not actually be mandatory but without one we can probably forget about being allowed to travel, going to a stadium or attending any other kind of mass gathering.

No doubt in addition to this, we'll also be forced to give up even more of our freedoms and privacy by consenting to things such as track and trace apps on our phones, facial recognition cameras in place everywhere and having regular tests to see if we've got a carrot up our arse. Maybe even inserting microchips further down the line. It’ll be like living in a fascist state only worse.

What a coincidence though that a pandemic came along so soon after all this smart technology was in place. (I don’t believe in coincidences).

All these new laws and restrictions have been introduced but they were never previously used to prevent other viruses like the flu spreading. Why not? The flu has killed significant numbers of people in the past and dying is as bad as it gets so I’m confused why is covid-19 is viewed as being so much more serious. The average person probably has more chance of dying from falling down the stairs than from Coronavirus but instead of forcing us all to move into bungalows we were all quarantined instead.

I still do not know of many cases of people with no underlying health conditions contracting CV19 and dying. Whatever that number is though, it is almost certainly far less than the number of people who have died or will die as a consequence of the lockdown. Or who died in the care homes. That's why I do not see this as ever being about saving lives. The whole ''saving lives'' thing was just some emotional, wishy-washy bullshit to pull at the heart strings.

If it wasnt for the world media's hysterical coverage and these attempts to keep us in a constant state of fear, would we have even noticed that there was a new kind of virus sweeping the world? Other than a few countries like Sweden the reaction has been totally irrational. The UK has been shut down for a virus with a 99.96% survival rate. This is hardly the Bubonic plague.

As always though, the media are told to push the official narrative and only give serious air time to the ‘’experts’’ and the scientists that support it. They ignore and even censor the doctors and scientists who think differently/independently or they make them out to be dangerous. In other words we are not getting anything like balanced coverage from them. As always though, the people who only watch mainstream news channels still think they’re well informed. It’s not just about the lies – quite often what they do not tell you is what makes them so deceitful.

From the start there has been something sinister about all this. The almost enforced NHS hero worship was far too contrived. I think it is more about mind control than anything else. If anyone thinks that is crazy fair enough ... but is it any more crazy than believing that all of a sudden the governments care so much about us all, and in particular the sick and elderly (previously viewed as a burden on society) that they’re willing to crash their whole economies to preserve them? I think not.

It might look like chaos to many but perhaps for some it’s all going to plan and being nicely stage-managed instead.

Most people will continue to consent though. Firstly because they want to protect their families and secondly because they think it’s only temporary. I cannot see this being temporary though. Once the powers that be get unprecedented power like this, do we really expect them to let go of it when its all over? I doubt it will ever be over. Covid-19 might be but Covid-21 or something similar will be along soon.

Viruses will also be the excuse to get rid of cash. And when cash goes, our last remaining way of buying and selling things privately goes too. Not good.

Let’s face it, our world has changed forever and future generations will not thank the people of the 2020’s for giving away our liberty so willfully and so unquestionably. It's all very well thinking we are being responsible but what about the lives of our grandchildren and their children. What kind of world are they gonna grow up in? Mass surveillance for their entire existence and no freedom to do the things we were able to do. I do not envy them.

For me this has been far too well co-ordinated across the world to be believable. Even the Scottish have fallen into line. I fear we are fast heading towards a global technocracy and it has almost certainly been manufactured. Welcome to the 2020s and beyond!

Still, you gotta laugh eh? :suicide:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

As with everything political , you have to wonder what is going on ,hidden , that we know little or nothing about .
But then from my experience of arguing the Brexit cause it is expedient for me to realise that I am just an under researched conspiracy theorist.
With or without a mask.

Is it the cashless society bringing facebook marketplace , wallapop , Gumtree , Boot sales and Markets to their knees . Or is it the rubber dinghy farce . Anyone remember Mr Kallergi ? Whatever it is , we are not being told but rest assured it's happening .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Haha well played Sid – but straight talking and common sense is strictly prohibited when it comes to this pandemic. Living life as though we are all contagious is the way to be. It’s called the ''new normal'' I think :roll:

What we have to remember is that there are hundreds of thousands of people out there that would cover their faces in orange paint if the government told them it offered extra protection! Being forced to wear a mask and keep 2 metres apart is almost as risible in terms of ineffectiveness as being advised in the 1980s that sitting under your kitchen table after propping a mattress up against the door would help you to survive a nuclear blast.

What you say about the mandatory masks though is exactly what I can see being repeated when the vaccine comes along. Despite it being developed in record time and with the long-term effects unknown, millions of healthy people (who might not be quite so healthy afterwards) will still be queuing up for their jab. And those of us who are unwilling to inject this hastily prepared substance into our bodies will be portrayed as anti-social and a danger to society. The vaccine might not actually be mandatory but without one we can probably forget about being allowed to travel, going to a stadium or attending any other kind of mass gathering.

No doubt in addition to this, we'll also be forced to give up even more of our freedoms and privacy by consenting to things such as track and trace apps on our phones, facial recognition cameras in place everywhere and having regular tests to see if we've got a carrot up our arse. Maybe even inserting microchips further down the line. It’ll be like living in a fascist state only worse.

What a coincidence though that a pandemic came along so soon after all this smart technology was in place. (I don’t believe in coincidences).

All these new laws and restrictions have been introduced but they were never previously used to prevent other viruses like the flu spreading. Why not? The flu has killed significant numbers of people in the past and dying is as bad as it gets so I’m confused why is covid-19 is viewed as being so much more serious. The average person probably has more chance of dying from falling down the stairs than from Coronavirus but instead of forcing us all to move into bungalows we were all quarantined instead.

I still do not know of many cases of people with no underlying health conditions contracting CV19 and dying. Whatever that number is though, it is almost certainly far less than the number of people who have died or will die as a consequence of the lockdown. Or who died in the care homes. That's why I do not see this as ever being about saving lives. The whole ''saving lives'' thing was just some emotional, wishy-washy bullshit to pull at the heart strings.

If it wasnt for the world media's hysterical coverage and these attempts to keep us in a constant state of fear, would we have even noticed that there was a new kind of virus sweeping the world? Other than a few countries like Sweden the reaction has been totally irrational. The UK has been shut down for a virus with a 99.96% survival rate. This is hardly the Bubonic plague.

As always though, the media are told to push the official narrative and only give serious air time to the ‘’experts’’ and the scientists that support it. They ignore and even censor the doctors and scientists who think differently/independently or they make them out to be dangerous. In other words we are not getting anything like balanced coverage from them. As always though, the people who only watch mainstream news channels still think they’re well informed. It’s not just about the lies – quite often what they do not tell you is what makes them so deceitful.

From the start there has been something sinister about all this. The almost enforced NHS hero worship was far too contrived. I think it is more about mind control than anything else. If anyone thinks that is crazy fair enough ... but is it any more crazy than believing that all of a sudden the governments care so much about us all, and in particular the sick and elderly (previously viewed as a burden on society) that they’re willing to crash their whole economies to preserve them? I think not.

It might look like chaos to many but perhaps for some it’s all going to plan and being nicely stage-managed instead.

Most people will continue to consent though. Firstly because they want to protect their families and secondly because they think it’s only temporary. I cannot see this being temporary though. Once the powers that be get unprecedented power like this, do we really expect them to let go of it when its all over? I doubt it will ever be over. Covid-19 might be but Covid-21 or something similar will be along soon.

Viruses will also be the excuse to get rid of cash. And when cash goes, our last remaining way of buying and selling things privately goes too. Not good.

Let’s face it, our world has changed forever and future generations will not thank the people of the 2020’s for giving away our liberty so willfully and so unquestionably. It's all very well thinking we are being responsible but what about the lives of our grandchildren and their children. What kind of world are they gonna grow up in? Mass surveillance for their entire existence and no freedom to do the things we were able to do. I do not envy them.

For me this has been far too well co-ordinated across the world to be believable. Even the Scottish have fallen into line. I fear we are fast heading towards a global technocracy and it has almost certainly been manufactured. Welcome to the 2020s and beyond!

A few glasses of wine over the weekend eh Clash :lol:

As far as I'm aware the PM of Norway is the only politician thus far to admit that their lockdown was the result of panic. In fairness, I can understand that response because the word coming out of Italy was armageddon and nobody was prepared for it. The problem now is that having fuc.ked up the first time the politicians feel duty bound to save us all the next time. So we are being prepared for the second wave which will be defeated with face masks for which we will have to thank our politicians (ps please forget about the initial fu.ck up). Many of our scientist friends predicted that a lockdown would only serve to delay the inevitable so an increase in the number of cases after lockdown was always on the cards. Cue god-like mask waving politicians saving us all from the virus.

Do you recall how Oxford were mocked for daring to model the virus using the assumption that it arrived in the UK a month before the official date at the end of Jan? What a stupid thing to suggest. Now we all know that it was kicking about in 2019.

Are you saying you didn't join in with the North Korean sea lion brigade on a Thursday night - shame on you :lol:

On the vaccine front I can offer you a bit of reassurance as my sister in law works with the head of the Vacinne task force. If she tells me that they have just made some shit up to fool the public then I'll let you know not to take it :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Clash wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

The only thing I can’t figure out, is who is behind it?
It’s in no governments interest to destroy the economy of their country?
Is it the intelligence or military sector?
It’s fucking nuts Clash and great post by the way !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 pm
As with everything political , you have to wonder what is going on ,hidden , that we know little or nothing about .
But then from my experience of arguing the Brexit cause it is expedient for me to realise that I am just an under researched conspiracy theorist.
With or without a mask.

Is it the cashless society bringing facebook marketplace , wallapop , Gumtree , Boot sales and Markets to their knees . Or is it the rubber dinghy farce . Anyone remember Mr Kallergi ? Whatever it is , we are not being told but rest assured it's happening .
Is there still a market for second hand carrots ? ( slightly worn)