CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi all. Plea for help. I am one of the self-employed who will not be getting any assistance from the Government because I am 'unfortunate' to have started Self-Employment in the last year. There is no reason for this. 2019/20 returns can be done in a couple of weeks to prove earnings. They are also removing the penalties and giving an extra 4 weeks to anyone who is late and couldn't be bothered to submit their 2018/19 figures in January. So they can work their figures out, no problem, but not ours!
I have started a petition on Change.org and ask you all to sign and SHARE with as many as possible. Much appreciated to anyone who helps and keep safe everyone.

Please follow the link: http://chng.it/hzx9Jj7q
Signed it mate

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:00 pm
goonertux wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi all. Plea for help. I am one of the self-employed who will not be getting any assistance from the Government because I am 'unfortunate' to have started Self-Employment in the last year. There is no reason for this. 2019/20 returns can be done in a couple of weeks to prove earnings. They are also removing the penalties and giving an extra 4 weeks to anyone who is late and couldn't be bothered to submit their 2018/19 figures in January. So they can work their figures out, no problem, but not ours!
I have started a petition on Change.org and ask you all to sign and SHARE with as many as possible. Much appreciated to anyone who helps and keep safe everyone.

Please follow the link: http://chng.it/hzx9Jj7q
Signed it mate
Cheers Lefty!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Well I got my figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC and it is widely believed that way more than half a million died in the first year not to mention the years that followed.

As for taking it seriously of course I am, I am not in the at risk group by any means but my mum is so I'm doing my bit by not working although I'm self employed and so is the wife.

I personally cant believe this would be man made, it is the fault on man, chinese man to be exact fucking about eating wildlife that Carrie's all sorts of diseases that we are not immune too.

Anyhow I'm glad you like the crap jokes and stay safe.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I have signed. I am in the at risk group, have a small pension and a house which my wife inherited with a self employed tenant that tells me that he will have no income and probably can’t pay his rent .
No help here either.

LeftfootlegendGooner

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 pm
I have signed. I am in the at risk group, have a small pension and a house which my wife inherited with a self employed tenant that tells me that he will have no income and probably can’t pay his rent .
No help here either.
Best of luck mate, you and I will get through this, its gonna be tough I have no doubt about that but the reason I try to keep posting jokes is that laughter is a massive medicine.

As I said keep strong and stay safe.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Isn't it amazing when your dying with Flu and feeling like shit, You can still always muster just enough energy for a wan.k.

Is that too far

LeftfootlegendGooner

I took this really slutty chick back to my place last night.

"Pull my pony tail really hard and stick it up my arse!" she demanded.

I nearly broke her neck, the pony tail didn't reach.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Wife texts husband at work on a cold winters morning:

"Windows frozen."

Husband texts back:

"Pour some lukewarm water over it"

Wife texts back: "Computer completely fucked now."

LeftfootlegendGooner

"I'm going out to scrape the car," my wife said this morning.

"Against what?" I replied.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:49 pm
Wife texts husband at work on a cold winters morning:

"Windows frozen."

Husband texts back:

"Pour some lukewarm water over it"

Wife texts back: "Computer completely fucked now."
:lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Ireland in Lock down from midnight

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:43 pm
Interview with Mikel Arteta today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pznu4N-U8gs

A really good interview, for me the guy oozes class and humility.
So glad we got this bloke with us. If I were a player I'd want to play for him.
Stay safe everyone. :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Ireland in Lock down from midnight

Which on the face of it suggests that the government feel that the spread of the virus is out of control - the reality however is that after midnight last night, the existing legally CANNOT bring in any new law until a new government has been formed, so last night was last chance saloon for this lockdown to be brought in :roll: Yes the virus numbers are still increasing over here, but it needs to be acknowledged that they are increasing at a much lower rate than was forecast. If they brought in this law next week I might be more inclined to take it at face value, but bringing it in last night, with all the legal complications not forming a new government is bringing, makes me question the thinking/reasoning behind it

I also have to say that it really fcuks me off that they bring this in on a friday night - paye workers are done for the week and most would have no contact with their bosses over the weekends, but these people would have a load of questions to ask and no-one to ask :roll: Social welfare offices are closed for the weekend too, so they cant contact them to sort out dole money if they are out of pocket over this