CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Almunia is a clown »

What is it with women & shopping, was also sent on a pointless quest round the Gooner Valley shops looking for more crap when the Druid missus (from Cardiff) already has 2 chest freezers & loads of cupboards full of tins, enough to feed an army! :blah:

Next she'll be moaning about you've not checked down Holloway AKA Lower Gooner Valley, however if she sends me down there I will go for a pint or more! Bound to meet up with some of ours. :barscarf:

Still I managed to pick up some jam doughnuts, Homer would have been proud of me! :mrgreen: They didn't make it home LOL!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And shopping trolley handles too Augie

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm
My youngest lad's football manager has sent out text message that was sent out to all the big clubs in Dublin by Beaumount Hospital (one of biggest hospitals in Dublin) telling us that the virus is spreading fast via handles on petrol and diesel pumps, and the hospital has advised people to use gloves or paper towels when filling up your cars
The amount of people I've seen coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth is ridiculous or a in queue and clearing their throat with their mouth wide open.

People just won't cop the fuck on

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:49 pm
augie wrote:
My youngest lad's football manager has sent out text message that was sent out to all the big clubs in Dublin by Beaumount Hospital (one of biggest hospitals in Dublin) telling us that the virus is spreading fast via handles on petrol and diesel pumps, and the hospital has advised people to use gloves or paper towels when filling up your cars
The amount of people I've seen coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth is ridiculous or a in queue and clearing their throat with their mouth wide open.

People just won't cop the fuck on

I've never been (nor liked) one of those crusaders who bleat all the time about civil liberties and all that shit, but I have to say that I am really getting pissed off with the way the Irish government are handling the coronavirus issue - it is well known that they have already closed pubs, restaurants, and loads of other businesses, but they are now talking about giving the cops authority to detain people who are not adhering to their anti-social instructions :roll: The health minister (a useless c.unt if there was ever one) harris has spoken about how experiences in other countries tells us that we are more likely to catch the infection at home than anywhere else ........... why impose anti-social policies that is resulting in closure of businesses that will never open again then ?? Even still the useless c.unts are refusing to shut down our borders despite the fact that a huge number of countries around the world have done so - even if we (as a nation) follow every instruction they give us implicitly, it will still not contain the spread of the virus as long as we allow the free movement of people into Ireland from other infected countries, so why should we sacrifice everything when they are refusing to do the most obvious and most necessary thing the curb the spread of this virus ?

They can fcuk right off now as far as I am concerned :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well that's common sense same goes for bank atms supermarket trolleys etc .

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Good luck everyone.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 pm
Well that's common sense same goes for bank atms supermarket trolleys etc .
Petrol pump handles are a big carrier apparently.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Any update on DB10?

Hope he's recovering well

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
I'm not surprised. Went to fill up my car on Thursday at the local BP garage. 12 pumps, every single one with no plastic gloves or paper towels. Thankfully had a few tissues in the car so used one of those to handle the pump. When i went to pay I bought a coffee and was pleased to see the girl behind the counter use hand sanitiser before making it. I asked her "can I have a drop of that to clean my hands please", to get the helpful "its not for customers response". Thanks BP - promoting the spread of the virus everywhere.

FFS

This country moved swiftly from #bekind to #fuckyou

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:48 pm
augie wrote:
I'm not surprised. Went to fill up my car on Thursday at the local BP garage. 12 pumps, every single one with no plastic gloves or paper towels. Thankfully had a few tissues in the car so used one of those to handle the pump. When i went to pay I bought a coffee and was pleased to see the girl behind the counter use hand sanitiser before making it. I asked her "can I have a drop of that to clean my hands please", to get the helpful "its not for customers response". Thanks BP - promoting the spread of the virus everywhere.

FFS

Thankfully most of the shops around here have hand sanitizer filcilities at the entrance

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

FFS

Thankfully most of the shops around here have hand sanitizer filcilities at the entrance
Would you believe low lifes are stealing hand sanitizer from hospitals

LeftfootlegendGooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

FFS

I've always had disposable rubber gloves (not for searches) in my car and van for use at work and things like filling up for as long as I can remember and hand sanitizer, always used it after jobs, got into that habit after the swine flu went around.

People are stealing the ones in garages etc but they're no good for work, they tear too easy.

One of my clients I was to see today is self isolating after he went out in London with a guy who rang him a couple of days later to say he had it.

My supplier of cameras is offering me thermal cameras specifically aimed at spotting people with coromavirus, (a temperature of 37.3,) to sell to hospitals, airports etc.

Hope everyone is ok and stays safe, as I type I can hear the ice cream van doing his rounds, mr whippy it is then :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:37 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

FFS

Fucking scandalous.

My girlfriend gave birth last week and a midwife was telling us that people were stealing all the hand sanitizer and gloves.

As you said, completed fucking low lifes to even think of doing that

LeftfootlegendGooner

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:37 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

FFS

Fucking scandalous.

My girlfriend gave birth last week and a midwife was telling us that people were stealing all the hand sanitizer and gloves.

As you said, completed fucking low lifes to even think of doing that
Firstly congratulations mate to you and your good lady.

The sad truth is that in times of crisis the majority of people show us that mankind can be kind to each other and show true altruism.

Unfortunately it also tells us that some people are just scum and we would not be missed.

I've always prided my self on helping the elderly and unfortunate something my Dad (a proper gentleman) instilled in me at a young age (mending fences, planting veg etc for elderly from the age of 12) and that will never change.

Anyhow again, congrats man :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unfortunately it also tells us that some people are just scum and we would not be missed.

And probably they will be the ones that come out of this smelling of roses.