CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Bradywasking »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:33 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:55 am
Things are really bleak..Mrs Brown's Boys will replace Match of the Day on BBC1 TV tonight. When you thought it couldn't get any worse
Never seen it, guessing its shit :lol:
One episode is mildly funny, after that it is as predictable as a Tottenham collapse.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

BTW hard you guys in oireland still going to pubs and restaurants
Lot of the City centre pubs and restaurants are closing, this isdue to falling numbers as much as health concerns.. The 100 persons limit at indoor gatherings is hard to monitor in pubs, much easier in restaurants due to seating and tables. Local pubs in suburbia are limiting entry, this is a big week normally in pubs in Ireland. Some are choosing to close on Tuesday , St Patrick's Day, because falling numbers allied to paying staff double time isn't economically viable to them..Not sure what is happening outside Dublin.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:15 pm
Lot of the City centre pubs and restaurants are closing, this isdue to falling numbers as much as health concerns.. The 100 persons limit at indoor gatherings is hard to monitor in pubs, much easier in restaurants due to seating and tables. Local pubs in suburbia are limiting entry, this is a big week normally in pubs in Ireland. Some are choosing to close on Tuesday , St Patrick's Day, because falling numbers allied to paying staff double time isn't economically viable to them..Not sure what is happening outside Dublin.
Fuckin hell, no drinks on st paddy's day, now we know it's a pandemic :lol:

Reason I'm asking is the pubs round here seem to be carrying on as usual and I'm meant to meet some mates for a beer, the pub we frequent holds about a hundred or so, the missus is away visiting her mum for the weekend so this is when I go out with the lads and they pile back at mine to drink and eat me out of house and home :lol:

I'm thinking of cancelling mainly because I dont want to catch it and pass it on the wife, I'm selfish but not that selfish.

Once upon a time the most you could catch after a night out was a cold or cock flu :?

Could be lads round here and a take away.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Just looked on NHS website, there are 20 cases in Hampshire out of a population of 1.4 million, I'm going out :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 pm
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm
Just typed my las message and my good wife just screamed so ran into the other room wondering if someone had broken into the house, nope, she was just watching some old top of the pops footage on BBC and she was on it l :lol:

Just a light hearted moment there from me :lol:
The Rolling Stones were playing huh :rubchin: :lol:

I hope that she wasn't too close to Savile :shock:
It was Duran Duran and I've seen them live, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
:lol: Just out of interest did you see them back in the day or since they qualified for meals on wheels.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:

In the town nearest to me many of the pubs are staying open until 11pm but are closing then. Some of those pubs have also decided not to open on Friday or Saturday nights at all though, cos restricting the numbers would be nigh on impossible on those nights. The pubs and hotels are cancelling bookings for parties and weddings that had been booked a long time ago, and that is especially hard on people that are getting married cos of the amount of planning involved.
Tomorrow night we are supposed to be going out for dinner with the sister in law and boyfriend to celebrate their recent engagement (god love him :lol: ), and we got an email saying that the restaurant would be operating at a smaller capacity to be compliant which the suggested distances between people :roll:

Coule of buddies of mine are in westport (mayo) at a stag do this weekend and they are saying that the new government directions have made no difference to the pubs down there

LeftfootlegendGooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 pm
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 pm
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm
Just typed my las message and my good wife just screamed so ran into the other room wondering if someone had broken into the house, nope, she was just watching some old top of the pops footage on BBC and she was on it l :lol:

Just a light hearted moment there from me :lol:
The Rolling Stones were playing huh :rubchin: :lol:

I hope that she wasn't too close to Savile :shock:
It was Duran Duran and I've seen them live, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
:lol: Just out of interest did you see them back in the day or since they qualified for meals on wheels.
I saw them at princess diana concert at Wembley so although that's a while back, definitely not their prime but I dont think he hit one note in tune which takes some doing :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:43 pm
Bradywasking wrote:

In the town nearest to me many of the pubs are staying open until 11pm but are closing then. Some of those pubs have also decided not to open on Friday or Saturday nights at all though, cos restricting the numbers would be nigh on impossible on those nights. The pubs and hotels are cancelling bookings for parties and weddings that had been booked a long time ago, and that is especially hard on people that are getting married cos of the amount of planning involved.
Tomorrow night we are supposed to be going out for dinner with the sister in law and boyfriend to celebrate their recent engagement (god love him :lol: ), and we got an email saying that the restaurant would be operating at a smaller capacity to be compliant which the suggested distances between people :roll:

Coule of buddies of mine are in westport (mayo) at a stag do this weekend and they are saying that the new government directions have made no difference to the pubs down there
It's a little worrying the way the Irish public are treating this. Italy was at the same three weeks ago and look at it now. Only difference is the Irish health system is already on its knees

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Was supposed to be going to see Horslips tonite!! :banghead: Fucking postponed til December!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 pm
Was supposed to be going to see Horslips tonite!! :banghead: Fucking postponed til December!
As in Barry Devlin's Horselips ? Blast from the past there.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:26 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

It's a little worrying the way the Irish public are treating this. Italy was at the same three weeks ago and look at it now. Only difference is the Irish health system is already on its knees
Think it's too late tbh, all the governments including the US are now panicking. Just found out one of my mam's mates has died recently suspected of coronavirus.

In the UK if Boris' solution to get 60% of the population infected is allowed to happen, we could be in serious shit there's no proof that immunity comes with having the virus. This is one of the biggest experiments in modern history and the WHO are voicing their concerns. Season is over for sure now.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:26 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

It's very worrying that the chief medical person coordinating Ireland's response to this pandemic has to go on national TV to say that he has anecdotal evidence to suggest that not all pubs are observing this ruling. This is typical of the old Irish attitude that all will be grand and no one will tell us what to do. Sorry but recklessness as a national trait is swapped for stupidity at this point..
Fine the pubs that break this directive. .and fine those who go in to them..
My cousin told me today that the hotel she works in is hosting a wedding for 180 people.. Under employment law the staff there are covered if they refuse to work. Thankfully she isn't working today.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Medal less bell end Jenas , is saying the cups should be scrapped so the league can finish :banghead:

He has no clue does he. :cussing:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Looks like the Middlesex Swampland has been infected by another virus! :rubchin: Must have been lying dormant for a while in some Toilet Lid cesspit or hovel nearby. :cussing:

Anyone who enters onto the swampland of the zombies might never get out without paying the ultimate price. Don't say you haven't been warned! :shock:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0314/11232 ... for-covid/

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If they opt to award Livarpool the league then do the relegations happen and current European places stand? It will be interesting to see how they justify it if they do :rubchin:

So looking forward to the meltdown if the league is completely cancelled :barscarf: