CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tell me how the fuckk is this not contributing to the spread of the COVID 19 Virus?????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52949014

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:21 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Dom lives on just as Kinnock, Gardiner and Duffield have all retained their jobs. It's got nothing to do with gullibility, it's all about consistency for me. I honestly couldn't give two fucks about any of them breaking lockdown. Loads of people have broken lockdown including many of the leftie hypocrites who were busy howling for DC to go.

You have yet to counter the fact that the witch hunt was leftie led (the Guardian and Mirror ffs) whatever you claim to the contrary with your little survey. That is simply public reaction to the event and nothing to do with those who instigated and led the witch hunt (and failed). The survey doesn't even reflect a majority of tories wanting him to resign. Mind you if we listened to survey results we would never have bothered holding the EU referendum vote would we - we'd have just remained. Don't recall the surveys predicting an 80 seat tory majority either....surveys huh!!

Why would I call you a labour supporter if you vote conservative? You are clearly in the same boat as the likes of Ken Clarke i.e a bit of a liberal posing as a Tory so you can have a go in government. That's your choice, just don't be too disappointed if some of your politics aren't quite in tune with the rest of the party.

Oh and of course Dom is to blame for all the protestors on the street at the moment. If only Dom (shall we ignore Kinnock and Gardiner and co and just stick with Dom for now - yes let's) hadn't broken lockdown then all the protesters would probably have stayed at home. Let's just pin that on Dom - have you worked out an exact figure for the number of deaths that he is personally responsible for yet?

Academic studies. If there is one thing we have learnt from this virus is that no fucker has much of a clue what is going to happen. I can drag up scientists who predicted last week that we will have zero deaths by the end of June. All a bit pointless.

Still waiting for an answer to the question.......

A little survey as opposed to one person peddling a particular opinion through a media source. You can't discredit something is effectively an independent source, that makes it so clear that the condemnation is across the board. There's a pattern here with your replies, always reverts back to having a go at the left.

Ken Clarke is a wise old sage in my eyes, it's funny that because he pushed back against Brexit you tag him with the word Liberal. John Major and David Cameron are also decent principled conservatives that sit just right of centre. They are not Liberals, and in the case of David Cameron, he brought the Conservatives back from the gutter giving Tony Blair and Gordon Brown a bloody nose quite a few times at PMQs before he kicked them out in 2010. The right-wing of the Conservative party would do well to remember that because in Keir Starmer Labour have a leader that will do to Boris what Cameron used to back in the day.

Because if you read my actual point I have been stating that the witch hunt over DC was instigated by the left. You seem incapable of getting your head round that fact. But just you keep ignoring that. I don't give a fuck about the survey of a thousand? or the faux moral outrage from all the hypocrites. As I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, all the lefties didn't come out howling about any other plank who got caught breaking lockdown which makes all the fuss about DC laughable. Hypocrites the lot of them. Just as you can't really give an honest answer to why you find DC so detestable without using the B word so we'll keep ignoring that too shall we.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:47 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Dom lives on just as Kinnock, Gardiner and Duffield have all retained their jobs. It's got nothing to do with gullibility, it's all about consistency for me. I honestly couldn't give two fucks about any of them breaking lockdown. Loads of people have broken lockdown including many of the leftie hypocrites who were busy howling for DC to go.

You have yet to counter the fact that the witch hunt was leftie led (the Guardian and Mirror ffs) whatever you claim to the contrary with your little survey. That is simply public reaction to the event and nothing to do with those who instigated and led the witch hunt (and failed). The survey doesn't even reflect a majority of tories wanting him to resign. Mind you if we listened to survey results we would never have bothered holding the EU referendum vote would we - we'd have just remained. Don't recall the surveys predicting an 80 seat tory majority either....surveys huh!!

Why would I call you a labour supporter if you vote conservative? You are clearly in the same boat as the likes of Ken Clarke i.e a bit of a liberal posing as a Tory so you can have a go in government. That's your choice, just don't be too disappointed if some of your politics aren't quite in tune with the rest of the party.

Oh and of course Dom is to blame for all the protestors on the street at the moment. If only Dom (shall we ignore Kinnock and Gardiner and co and just stick with Dom for now - yes let's) hadn't broken lockdown then all the protesters would probably have stayed at home. Let's just pin that on Dom - have you worked out an exact figure for the number of deaths that he is personally responsible for yet?

Academic studies. If there is one thing we have learnt from this virus is that no fucker has much of a clue what is going to happen. I can drag up scientists who predicted last week that we will have zero deaths by the end of June. All a bit pointless.

A little survey as opposed to one person peddling a particular opinion through a media source. You can't discredit something is effectively an independent source, that makes it so clear that the condemnation is across the board. There's a pattern here with your replies, always reverts back to having a go at the left.

Ken Clarke is a wise old sage in my eyes, it's funny that because he pushed back against Brexit you tag him with the word Liberal. John Major and David Cameron are also decent principled conservatives that sit just right of centre. They are not Liberals, and in the case of David Cameron, he brought the Conservatives back from the gutter giving Tony Blair and Gordon Brown a bloody nose quite a few times at PMQs before he kicked them out in 2010. The right-wing of the Conservative party would do well to remember that because in Keir Starmer Labour have a leader that will do to Boris what Cameron used to back in the day.

Because if you read my actual point I have been stating that the witch hunt over DC was instigated by the left. You seem incapable of getting your head round that fact. But just you keep ignoring that. I don't give a fuck about the survey of a thousand? or the faux moral outrage from all the hypocrites. As I keep saying, and you keep ignoring, all the lefties didn't come out howling about any other plank who got caught breaking lockdown which makes all the fuss about DC laughable. Hypocrites the lot of them. Just as you can't really give an honest answer to why you find DC so detestable without using the B word so we'll keep ignoring that too shall we.
No no no did I say no? You're insulting the intelligence of people who can think for themselves including millions of conservatives and people who don't have left-leaning ideals.

You pigeon hole too much, not all of us are swayed by the media.

The sample size of the survey was big enough to give a good indication of who and who didn't support DC. Even if you take mathematical errors into account, there are large swathes of the UK population that disprove of DC. They aren't Mirror or Guardian readers and if you want to refer to political media driven allegiances why did the Daily Mail say he should be sacked?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... acked.html

But the Daily Mail is the Sun without tits, right?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

why did the Daily Mail say he should be sacked?

The Mail leopard has changed its spots on Brexit.

Geordie Greig took over and The Mail is now anti Brexit . Could that be the reason ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

No no no did I say no? You're insulting the intelligence of people who can think for themselves including millions of conservatives and people who don't have left-leaning ideals.

The sample size of the survey was big enough to give a good indication of who and who didn't support DC. Even if you take mathematical errors into account, there are large swathes of the UK population that disprove of DC. They aren't Mirror or Guardian readers and if you want to refer to political media driven allegiances why did the Daily Mail say he should be sacked?

Yet again you slide off point. There is a difference between the ridiculous witchhunt by the hypocrites and those who thought what DC did was wrong. But you clearly cannot distinguish between the two. Again, look at the complete lack of outrage towards the others who broke lockdown.

Am I wrong that the Guardian and the Mirror just both happened to break the news about DC on the same day? Two known leftie papers simultaneously break a story designed to take out the tory PM's senior adviser in a well of moral outrage. They knew that all their loonies would be in like a shot screaming and howling as usual. They hoped that there would be sufficient outrage from the rest of the community to topple DC......but there wasn't.

So, your little survey. I note that 46% of tories think he should resign but 46% think he should stay so that's split. I don't give a toss what labour or libs think about it so it's not exactly a slam dunk in the tory party that he should go. He's ridden it out, the George Floyd death and subsequent protests have knocked DC off the front pages. How outraged are you about the protestors breaching social distancing rules and potentially kicking off the second wave you are expecting. Funny isn't it how everybody does what they want to when it suits them.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:18 pm
why did the Daily Mail say he should be sacked?

The Mail leopard has changed its spots on Brexit.

Geordie Greig took over and The Mail is now anti Brexit . Could that be the reason ?

Absolutely right. Whether it's readers go along with that will be interesting.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:23 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Yet again you slide off point. There is a difference between the ridiculous witchhunt by the hypocrites and those who thought what DC did was wrong. But you clearly cannot distinguish between the two. Again, look at the complete lack of outrage towards the others who broke lockdown.

Am I wrong that the Guardian and the Mirror just both happened to break the news about DC on the same day? Two known leftie papers simultaneously break a story designed to take out the tory PM's senior adviser in a well of moral outrage. They knew that all their loonies would be in like a shot screaming and howling as usual. They hoped that there would be sufficient outrage from the rest of the community to topple DC......but there wasn't.

So, your little survey. I note that 46% of tories think he should resign but 46% think he should stay so that's split. I don't give a toss what labour or libs think about it so it's not exactly a slam dunk in the tory party that he should go. He's ridden it out, the George Floyd death and subsequent protests have knocked DC off the front pages. How outraged are you about the protestors breaching social distancing rules and potentially kicking off the second wave you are expecting. Funny isn't it how everybody does what they want to when it suits them.
Here we go, a right wing newspaper discredits his opinion and he uses the Brexit card. Brilliant.

Were you on the sauce when you read the poll? It clearly shows 55% of Conservatives want Cummings to resign, versus 17% who don't. And the second question 51% want Boris to fire him versus 36% that don't.

This discussion is getting bitty now, you're again saying that the Guardian and the Mirror broke the news. So what? Most people who are right of Centre agree that he should be fired, they don't need prompting from the Guardian or the Mirror as I said in my previous post.

You keep angle shooting, but when you come back to the initial point it isn't just lefties that want Cummings to go. This whole saga in addition to the Conservatives shocking handling of the pandemic has damaged Boris. He is lucky he has 4.5 years to go in power, the failures since January may be a distant memory by then and he can crack on with his sales pitch "one liners" to inspire the ones amongst us that can't see this style over substance government.

I won't vote Conservative again until Boris and his cronies are out (with the exception of Rishi Sunek perhaps). Kier Starmer gives a credible protest vote to a lot of people like me.

There was a cracking program last night about South Koreas handling of the pandemic, they got quarantine right at the airports you couldn't enter the country unless you tested negative (it took us 3 months and we dont even test), contact tracing was so accurate they didn't need to lockdown and they tested large numbers at a very early stage. And to counter the population density bollocks, Seoul has a bigger population than London. They have a death rate of 5 per mill, compared with ours that at 560 is the biggest in the world of any major economy.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:08 am

Were you on the sauce when you read the poll? It clearly shows 55% of Conservatives want Cummings to resign, versus 17% who don't. And the second question 51% want Boris to fire him versus 36% that don't.

Don't blame me for your stupid survey. Click on the link. Click on the politics tab. Each parties voters shown. Tories 46% v 46% 8)

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock, serious question. What is behind your staunch defence of Cummings? Surely you can see his explanation of events is dubious at least and his partners article in The Spectator was so full of holes and lies. Do you not see how devious and dangerous he continues to be and this is only exaggerated by his whitewash of events? And on another line, we know you voted Brexit, so without getting too deep, I’m just curious to get yours or anyone else’s reasons behind it? I can only see it leading to division and xenophobia. Genuine curiosity, don’t want to turn it into a tit-for-tat exchange.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 am
Jock, serious question. What is behind your staunch defence of Cummings? Surely you can see his explanation of events is dubious at least and his partners article in The Spectator was so full of holes and lies. Do you not see how devious and dangerous he continues to be and this is only exaggerated by his whitewash of events? And on another line, we know you voted Brexit, so without getting too deep, I’m just curious to get yours or anyone else’s reasons behind it? I can only see it leading to division and xenophobia. Genuine curiosity, don’t want to turn it into a tit-for-tat exchange.

:banghead:

Sorry all - Bad Tux :lol:

I have a sneaking suspicion that some folks are sick to the back teeth of this.

The separate Brexit thread has calmed down despite a recent attempt (red snapper I think) to reignite it :lol: I have no inclination to start it up again as it is taking all my resolve to stop going round in circles with the nutty one on this.

If you genuinely don't want it to turn it into a tit for tat then PM me and I will quite happily have a chat about it with you. As you know if we post in public then you can bet that others will turn it into a tit for tat even if we behave ourselves. Your call.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:21 pm
goonertux wrote:

The separate Brexit thread has calmed down despite a recent attempt (red snapper I think) to reignite it :lol: I have no inclination to start it up again as it is taking all my resolve to stop going round in circles with the nutty one on this.

If you genuinely don't want it to turn it into a tit for tat then PM me and I will quite happily have a chat about it with you. As you know if we post in public then you can bet that others will turn it into a tit for tat even if we behave ourselves. Your call.
You're not doing anything but read/see what you want to right down to the most blatant stats that prove you wrong. If it was obvious Conservatives supported Cummings I wouldn’t bang the drum so hard. Even if 30% wanted him removed thats still a sizeable minority but the reality is theres a lot more than that.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

You're not doing anything but read/see what you want to right down to the most blatant stats that prove you wrong. If it was obvious Conservatives supported Cummings I wouldn’t bang the drum so hard. Even if 30% wanted him removed thats still a sizeable minority but the reality is theres a lot more than that.

As I was referring to Tux :lol:

Had a look at your stupid poll yet? 46% v 46% - there in black and white 8)

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

PM’d you. I’ll look out for your reply.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.

Lads.

:yawn: :suicide:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Isn't confirmation bias a wonderful thing DB10, they should all agree that they're all wrong and Dominic Cummings was both correct and incorrect to do what he did :wink:

Seriously the police need to get a grip of the protestors, i dont give a shit whether Black lives matter or not, i'm more inclined to believe that all fucking life matters right now and they are jeopardising it. Once again the police, you know the people who are supposed to ensure law and order, are sitting on their hands waiting to be told what to do for fear of being called racist..... fuck it i'm calling them racist because i tell you now if a bunch of 3000 only white people were in a park protesting something you can bet your arse they'd be dispersed or arrested :cussing:

This has been going on since lockdown started with certain minority groups flaunting the rules there were pictures of mass groups of Muslims praying together during Ramadan and celebrating Eid which the Main Stream Media carefully ignored and avoided and nothing was being done but one government advisor goes off reservation and it becomes national news and a witchunt (see above argument).

People can blame the government muppets all they want for the mistakes they have made and there have been some, although not as many as the MSM would like to make out, but there are a lot more people both professionally and personally who have been at fault during this crisis than just them but those individuals and organisations will never be called to account for various reasons.