CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Bradywasking »

Nice to see some of the greasy handed money grabbing hospitality industry in Dublin put people's lives at risk to keep the tills ringing on Saturday .
I accept the area filmed that went viral was a tourist hotspot but that doesn't lessen the recklessness of it. Staff, under employment law, were fully entitled to walk off the job over health and safety concerns However the rights of staff don't always count for much in money grabbing industries. The staff themselves may not be Irish, may not be fully versed in legislation and may be working under fear or threat even if that threat isn't imposed it can be implied.
The image of the Irish of being an alcohol loving carefree nation has come at a price, no more so than the recklessness of Saturday night in Dublin and apparently elsewhere. The bandwagon that follows , or leads, Irish sporting interests is a horrible symptom of this problem.
" ah shut win ,lose it draw, we will get stupid drunk" doesn't portray a nation as fun loving, it portrays it as a nation of village idiots. Our capital city is Europe's toilet every weekend, in the name of tourism. But it is what we created, reap what you sow.
I love a drink, love the social side of it also. But we need to grow up, this is an unfortunate opportunity.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:45 pm
Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.
Unreal how thoughtless some people are isn't it. Exposing you potentially to the virus could put your elderly relations at risk.

I am not sure what it's like in Ireland but over here it's almost sticking your finger in the air and go with it. Hope you and your family remain healthy.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 am
Nice to see some of the greasy handed money grabbing hospitality industry in Dublin put people's lives at risk to keep the tills ringing on Saturday .
I accept the area filmed that went viral was a tourist hotspot but that doesn't lessen the recklessness of it. Staff, under employment law, were fully entitled to walk off the job over health and safety concerns However the rights of staff don't always count for much in money grabbing industries. The staff themselves may not be Irish, may not be fully versed in legislation and may be working under fear or threat even if that threat isn't imposed it can be implied.
The image of the Irish of being an alcohol loving carefree nation has come at a price, no more so than the recklessness of Saturday night in Dublin and apparently elsewhere. The bandwagon that follows , or leads, Irish sporting interests is a horrible symptom of this problem.
" ah shut win ,lose it draw, we will get stupid drunk" doesn't portray a nation as fun loving, it portrays it as a nation of village idiots. Our capital city is Europe's toilet every weekend, in the name of tourism. But it is what we created, reap what you sow.
I love a drink, love the social side of it also. But we need to grow up, this is an unfortunate opportunity.

But could they though ? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the wording about "recommending" or asking people and business to have no more than 100 people ? It wasn't a law and I doubt if the staff had a legal right at that time, but I could be wrong

dano

Post by dano »

Has no one thought of the 2022 World Cup on all this? If Euro 2020 is delayed until 2021, I seem to remember that the WC was to be moved from summer to Winter, so next year would see only international football? Just another reason for moving the WC to a country where is can be moved back to the summer.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:

But could they though ? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the wording about "recommending" or asking people and business to have no more than 100 people ? It wasn't a law and I doubt if the staff had a legal right at that time, but I could be wrong
That is an interesting point and a fair question.. as far as I am aware the grounds for refusing an order in work allow for the belief that your health and safety is in danger of being compromised.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:52 am
augie wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:

That is an interesting point and a fair question.. as far as I am aware the grounds for refusing an order in work allow for the belief that your health and safety is in danger of being compromised.
If an employee did walk out they would only be entitled to SSP, £92 a week I think. However, most firms have guidance on this. The government saying of a person self isloating would get paid SSP, is not anything special or extra. The company will decided if you get company sick pay. I'd rather book short notice holiday and get paid accordingly rather than take sick.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Why don't they just play out the remaining fixtures "live" on FIFA '20? Can be done in isolation, play a match a day at the same time, season over in 9/ 10 days. The manager and captain from each team plays.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:45 pm
Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.
Hope all okay DB10, sending big man hugs to help you feel better my friend.

3 of my friends have separately gone on holidays, which I think given the current climate is stupidity bordering on criminal negligence.

1 - you are going to be in a plane with 200 odd people, all breathing in and out the same air. A sure fire way to get infected.
2 - you have no idea what situation you are going to find at your holiday resort / hotel / airport - one has already posted they are confined to the hotel and only allowed to go to the supermarket ( some fucking holiday that is ) :roll:
3- - no guarantee that you will be able to get home - airlines going bust / countries closing borders & travel.

I fully expect these people to scream loudly and want the government to do something to repatriate them if they get stuck

Mindless, stupid, ignorance at its best. If the whole of Italy was on lockdown a week or so ago, you just know elsewhere will follow sooner rather than later.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Many thanks for the kind wishes lads. I now have the symptoms of coughing, sore throat, fever and shallow breathing. Not life threatening by any means just a bit unpleasant. I've had worse man flu tbh. :wink:

My GP has now organised a public health team to call to my home to test me as a "probable" case. I'm self isolated in the spare room. Moved the PS4 in there with me and a pile of good books.

My mom was supposed to be visiting us for Paddy's day and I haven't seen her in about two months due to travelling with work so I'm major fucked off now she can't visit.

I'm gonna kill that idiot cùnt in work. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:20 pm
Many thanks for the kind wishes lads. I now have the symptoms of coughing, sore throat, fever and shallow breathing. Not life threatening by any means just a bit unpleasant. I've had worse man flu tbh. :wink:

My GP has now organised a public health team to call to my home to test me as a "probable" case. I'm self isolated in the spare room. Moved the PS4 in there with me and a pile of good books.

My mom was supposed to be visiting us for Paddy's day and I haven't seen her in about two months due to travelling with work so I'm major fucked off now she can't visit.

Jesus mate! Hope you are okay...Yes, there are some total idiots walking around sneezing and coughing no tissue/hand over mouth stuff...Just spraying it everywhere.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:21 pm
I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. 8)
Yeah! Everyone Be Safe.

If you have to self isolate..perhaps this will help lift your spirits..

Frankie Boyle (new material)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0uCNucNqGg

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Seriously best wishes from me mate, stay strong and get on the ps4.

Let me know your mantle and I will join you for an alcohol infused shoot fest :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Boris the Butcher's incompetence is worse than the virus.

Nevertheless, a plague is spreading throughout Europe, the powerful are turning their backs on us peasents and we're one week away from painting a red X on doors.

Time to party like it's 1348! :barscarf:

nb - In all seriousness lads, I hope you all stay safe and well. DB, I wish you a quick recovery. Anyone else isolating or suffering with it, I truest wish you all the best. Up the arse'! (only when you get better though :wink: ).

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping your family stay clear of it.