CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:22 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pm
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:37 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:48 pm

I'm not surprised. Went to fill up my car on Thursday at the local BP garage. 12 pumps, every single one with no plastic gloves or paper towels. Thankfully had a few tissues in the car so used one of those to handle the pump. When i went to pay I bought a coffee and was pleased to see the girl behind the counter use hand sanitiser before making it. I asked her "can I have a drop of that to clean my hands please", to get the helpful "its not for customers response". Thanks BP - promoting the spread of the virus everywhere.

FFS

This country moved swiftly from #bekind to #fuckyou
Thankfully most of the shops around here have hand sanitizer filcilities at the entrance
Would you believe low lifes are stealing hand sanitizer from hospitals
Fucking scandalous.

My girlfriend gave birth last week and a midwife was telling us that people were stealing all the hand sanitizer and gloves.

As you said, completed fucking low lifes to even think of doing that
Firstly congratulations mate to you and your good lady.

The sad truth is that in times of crisis the majority of people show us that mankind can be kind to each other and show true altruism.

Unfortunately it also tells us that some people are just scum and we would not be missed.

I've always prided my self on helping the elderly and unfortunate something my Dad (a proper gentleman) instilled in me at a young age (mending fences, planting veg etc for elderly from the age of 12) and that will never change.

Anyhow again, congrats man :barscarf:
Thank you.

It's a stressful time worrying about the family but on the upside it's a bonus getting to spend more time with them

John F

Post by John F »

In these troubled times it was good to see some people are trying to keep their humour .On the back door of a van driving down the A180 today was a sign saying no toilet paper left in the van overnight.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm
My youngest lad's football manager has sent out text message that was sent out to all the big clubs in Dublin by Beaumount Hospital (one of biggest hospitals in Dublin) telling us that the virus is spreading fast via handles on petrol and diesel pumps, and the hospital has advised people to use gloves or paper towels when filling up your cars
I'm not surprised. Went to fill up my car on Thursday at the local BP garage. 12 pumps, every single one with no plastic gloves or paper towels. Thankfully had a few tissues in the car so used one of those to handle the pump. When i went to pay I bought a coffee and was pleased to see the girl behind the counter use hand sanitiser before making it. I asked her "can I have a drop of that to clean my hands please", to get the helpful "its not for customers response". Thanks BP - promoting the spread of the virus everywhere.
FFS

Thankfully most of the shops around here have hand sanitizer filcilities at the entrance
Fucking scandalous.

My girlfriend gave birth last week and a midwife was telling us that people were stealing all the hand sanitizer and gloves.

Congratulations IW8 to you, your Mrs and the little one :barscarf:
Stay safe
Last edited by StuartL on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:58 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

FFS

Fucking scandalous.

Congratulations IW8 to you, your Mes and the little one :barscarf:
Stay safe
Cheers mate.

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm
My youngest lad's football manager has sent out text message that was sent out to all the big clubs in Dublin by Beaumount Hospital (one of biggest hospitals in Dublin) telling us that the virus is spreading fast via handles on petrol and diesel pumps, and the hospital has advised people to use gloves or paper towels when filling up your cars

FFS

Fucking scandalous.

Congratulations IW8 and to your girlfriend. GOOD NEWS! - hope all went well and all okay; especially in these most uncertain and craziest of times.

Keep them safe, hunker down and enjoy the time of 'togetherness' the young baby will feel and know you are both about and close by.

Was it a boy or a girl and have you decided on a name/s yet?

:high5:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Congrats to the IW8 family...Good news is always welcome but more so now than ever.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Cheers lads.

All is well thank goodness.

A wee girl and since she was born on Paddy's day we decided to call her Ériu.

Only bummer about all this is my quality time with the PlayStation has taken a serious hit!!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hope everyone is keeping well and those who had to enter self isolation have/are recovering and are staying safe.

Interesting how some East Asian countries never went full isolation and appear to be coming out the far side however in Europe it is getting worse and worse even with the measures being taken here :rubchin:

Serious questions need to be asked when the world comes out of this about the sluggish response by many governments into closing down all but essential international travel. It feels like that economics were far more important than lives for too long :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lqtl-JsSk

From 2000 - 2001 Season: Arsenal 5 - noocassull NIL! Parlour Hat Trick :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

The only bad thing is Dean the cuntt was reffing and on 15 mins a clear pen when Kanu is brought down and does he give the stone wall pen!?

Does he fuckk the *word censored*!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm

From 2000 - 2001 Season: Arsenal 5 - noocassull NIL! Parlour Hat Trick :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

The only bad thing is Dean the cuntt was reffing and on 15 mins a clear pen when Kanu is brought down and does he give the stone wall pen!?

Boy did we have -players who liked a tackle back then
Keown, Adams .Dixon, Lauren, Parlour all excelled at that aspect, winning the ball off the oppositionwhich gave the likes of Pires free reign more or less.

Not quite sure what Coronavirus has to do with this mind

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Boy did we have -players who liked a tackle back then
Keown, Adams .Dixon, Lauren, Parlour all excelled at that aspect, winning the ball off the oppositionwhich gave the likes of Pires free reign more or less.

Not quite sure what Coronavirus has to do with this mind
I think some of our older PL teams would struggle these days because they were physical as well as very technical, a good solid late 90s early 2000s tackle would be an immediate free kick in this day and age, I miss those days where a solid tackle would go in and the tackled player 90% percent of the time got straight back up and carried on instead of rolling about like he's been shot :roll:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

It's officially the end of the world!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51999604

Herd

Post by Herd »

Football coaching continues on Parliament fields this weekend with kids picking their noses picking up the ball,same with the touch rugby mob . Huge ques for take away latte ?mind boggling shit. Me Mrs Herd n Herd junior 3rd walking the heath keeping our distances.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 am
Any update on DB10?

Hope he's recovering well
Cheers buddy and big congrats on the new baby!

I'm feeling a lot better. Cough gone, fever gone, throat still a tad sore but bearable, and the shallow breathing is improving with a course of steroids and antibiotics.

Finally got tested last Thursday and just waiting for the results. The whole process is a bit of a mess tbh. First they were sending a team to my house. Then they texted me from one of those automated ticketing services telling me to go to a health centre giving me about 30 minutes to make a one hour journey. No contact number provided. I spent about 4 hours on the phone getting transfered around various health service departments and my GP with no one knowing who I needed to reschedule with. Finally by luck I got through to a public health team and got rescheduled. I understand the demand for testing is unprecedented and the front line staff are under huge pressure but its a complete mess of a system.

The test is a bit unpleasant. They swab the back of your throat (I gagged - rodders would have been ok :wink: ) and they swab up your nose right into the sinus. That was really uncomfortable.

Fingers crossed on a negative so I can get back to work. Although even that might end up being from home the way things are going.

Anyhoo hope you are all OK Gooners and stay healthy. 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Day 11 of Social Isolation, effectively day 1 of a 3 month lockdown here. My double whammy is my compromised immunity as I suspected puts me in a group of 1.5m that have to stay at home for 3 months.

Mentally prepared for this, and hope we have many summer days like this where we can sit in the garden. Neighbours have been fantastic and already brought in some supplies. I hear the Army will also be supporting us, not sure whether we will get groceries delivered by tank though!

I am going to start another thread Arsenal related, whilst we are in football lockdown I hope as many of the regs can post their own stories of life as a Gooner in years gone by. Keep things positive.

Wishing DB10 a negative test, plus congrats to IW8 on the bambino!