CoronaVirus Latest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

Good to see the scousers reverting to victim form and bleating away today.

You can spin the Hillsboro disaster, but you can't get away from if you fuck about with COVID it's purely down to the people who ignore health guidance.

A11M11
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Yet we still have to eat and when we look at the balance sheet everything we grow and catch on one side comes off the other. Every piece of machinery has to be serviced and that requires materials. So now we have three industries growing and creating employment.
It is necessary to build new technology but we should not throw the baby out with the bath water.
We need to develop in all sectors and there is money in fisheries and farms , if there wasn’t the French would not be making such a fuss over them .

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:43 pm
Yet we still have to eat and when we look at the balance sheet everything we grow and catch on one side comes off the other. Every piece of machinery has to be serviced and that requires materials. So now we have three industries growing and creating employment.
It is necessary to build new technology but we should not throw the baby out with the bath water.
We need to develop in all sectors and there is money in fisheries and farms , if there wasn’t the French would not be making such a fuss over them .
We've had this discussion before A11M11 and established that as a percentage of GDP Fishing/Agriculture is an irrelevance, I can see where this is going it all has to do with Brexit which again for fishing especially is ideology over economics.

Neither industry will get us out of the COVID economic hole, but my point is neither should we be so reliant on people getting pissed up in pubs.

A11M11
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

I take you point about gdp but that's because the the two industries have been neglected. At the last count that I can find the French alone land close to a million tons of white fish from British waters and sell it back to us per annum. Then you have Denmark , Holland with their stun fishing and Ireland with of course the Spanish. Managed correctly , which it isn't at present , it is a vast industry waiting to happen and as you quite rightly put it we need people employed to pay tax to fund the debt that we have fallen in to.
As previously mentioned it's not just the boats it's the processing , the back up industries , the raw materials required the list of add ons with it's associated benefits would return wealth to places like Grimsby , Immingham , Teeside, Lerwick , and Lowestoft where I have stood in the docks auction halls and seen the parlous amount of fish that our boats are allowed to land . No wonder fish and chips is now as expensive as a full blown Italian or Chinese meal .
We can't just rely on the City of London to bail us out , we have to redevelop our wholle structure . Farming , Fishing , Car indusrtry , Raw materials , the retail sector and yes even the leisure industry , arts and science .
It's the only way employ these people give them a wage and nearly every pound they spend would get 20% back into the treasury and then hold those responsible to account on how they spend it.

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

143 deaths and that's before any serious lockdown measures are imposed locally.

Ethnic cleansing in scouseland, clearly these muppets have no regards for their parents/grandparents.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/p ... t-22841407

I have come to the conclusion that there's nothing we can do as a society to stop this virus. There are 7m vulnerable people in this country and not all of them are older. It's going to be a death toll in the hundreds of thousands unless we get our shit together or get very lucky with a safe vaccine. It's inevitable the NHS will be overrun not just for COVID but a multitude of other issues, and all because scouse wankers like in this article don't give a shit.

They don't deserve a healthy economy to grow up in.

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

So! Schools to close again here in Norn Iron!
Despite being assured by “experts” when they re-opened that they were “ minimum risk”
Experts? Holy mother of fuck! “Idiots” more like!
I feel sorry for Boris and co! Who privately have come to the same conclusion on these “experts”
Starmer once again showing what a c u n t he is, as he changes stance yet again!
He makes corbyn look like a political giant!

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 am
So! Schools to close again here in Norn Iron!
Despite being assured by “experts” when they re-opened that they were “ minimum risk”
Experts? Holy mother of fuck! “Idiots” more like!
I feel sorry for Boris and co! Who privately have come to the same conclusion on these “experts”
Starmer once again showing what a c u n t he is, as he changes stance yet again!
He makes corbyn look like a political giant!
Feel sorry for Boris? It's one fuck up after the next with him, isn't it?

Forget the schools, it's the universities that are the problem and independent experts pointed this out in August. At least schools are a more controlled environment. The scientists told Boris to execute a circuit break 3 weeks ago just like they told him to lockdown in early March and he ignored their advice.

It's not too late to admit he was wrong and at least try this again. And during this time once and for all sort out our shitty so-called "world-class" track and trace system. It's because of the lack of such a system that we have to revert back to drachonian lockdowns.

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 7895
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 am
So! Schools to close again here in Norn Iron!
Despite being assured by “experts” when they re-opened that they were “ minimum risk”
Experts? Holy mother of fuck! “Idiots” more like!
I feel sorry for Boris and co! Who privately have come to the same conclusion on these “experts”
Starmer once again showing what a c u n t he is, as he changes stance yet again!
He makes corbyn look like a political giant!
Feel sorry for Boris? It's one fuck up after the next with him, isn't it?

Forget the schools, it's the universities that are the problem and independent experts pointed this out in August. At least schools are a more controlled environment. The scientists told Boris to execute a circuit break 3 weeks ago just like they told him to lockdown in early March and he ignored their advice.

It's not too late to admit he was wrong and at least try this again. And during this time once and for all sort out our shitty so-called "world-class" track and trace system. It's because of the lack of such a system that we have to revert back to drachonian lockdowns.
Forget the schools? Why are our “experts” closing them then?
Did Boris really ignore initial lockdown calls?
I distinctly recall an “expert” with hindsight saying we should gave locked down earlier but the “experts” had resisted.
The government has been listening to these clowns since day one., it’s no wonder Boris ignored them last time.
It’s time to ditch the medical advisors and concentrate on the economy!

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:01 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 am
So! Schools to close again here in Norn Iron!
Despite being assured by “experts” when they re-opened that they were “ minimum risk”
Experts? Holy mother of fuck! “Idiots” more like!
I feel sorry for Boris and co! Who privately have come to the same conclusion on these “experts”
Starmer once again showing what a c u n t he is, as he changes stance yet again!
He makes corbyn look like a political giant!
Feel sorry for Boris? It's one fuck up after the next with him, isn't it?

Forget the schools, it's the universities that are the problem and independent experts pointed this out in August. At least schools are a more controlled environment. The scientists told Boris to execute a circuit break 3 weeks ago just like they told him to lockdown in early March and he ignored their advice.

It's not too late to admit he was wrong and at least try this again. And during this time once and for all sort out our shitty so-called "world-class" track and trace system. It's because of the lack of such a system that we have to revert back to drachonian lockdowns.
Forget the schools? Why are our “experts” closing them then?
Did Boris really ignore initial lockdown calls?
I distinctly recall an “expert” with hindsight saying we should gave locked down earlier but the “experts” had resisted.
The government has been listening to these clowns since day one., it’s no wonder Boris ignored them last time.
It’s time to ditch the medical advisors and concentrate on the economy!
You live in NI mate, search me.

Boris did ignore lockdown recommendations, it's common knowledge that he was told to get his shit together 2 weeks before he hit the button.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... who-advice

You can hardly call them clowns if they make recommendations and the politicians ignore them, only for the outcomes to be catastrophic. Even one week would have saved tens of thousands of lives. And this is the thing, there are large swathes of our population that are oblivious to this information thats widely available. So my question to you is how can you make any observation about Boris vs Scientists if you wern't aware of this?

The real clown is the Prime Minister, the only leader in the Western World that has done worse is Trump. That's nothing to be proud of.

User avatar
the playing mantis
Posts: 2596
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: EX

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by the playing mantis »

2 things NFG:

1 there are too many 'experts' little consensus and plenty of hindsight. which experts are they meant to go with. SAGE is full of disparate medical voices and there conflicting opinions. the idiot Ferguson being an extreme example. SAGE advisors are not politically independent minded hence we see plenty coming out retrospectively (when others disagreed with them at the time) saying i suggested this, to make those in power look even more foolish, likewise there are those minded to simply protect health vs those with balance about economy and other health issues than covid that are exponentially exasperated by lockdown. its basically luck of the draw which 'experts' you listen to.


2nd you keep going on about boris ignoring the lockdown trigger till 2 weeks too late. however there was an unofficially lockdown in place already. they had said no unessential travel and to stay home and not mix as much as possible, but not made it law. they trusted the people to adhere, and all along ive said they shouldnt have entrusted the entitled populace we now are. loads ignored them forcing them into making it law. they did this i imagine as had they made lockdown official 2 weeks earlier, the public whinging and outcry would have been huge as people didnt understand the gravity of the situation.

im not defending them as they have made many silly decisions such as 10pm curfew on hospitality, lack of enforcement, etc, but they havent done as badly as you make out, and no gov of any colour would have faired better imo.

all that said, if people just adhered to the basics (which are not exactly onerous but mildly inconvenient - wearing masks, social distancing apart from in your bubble, and businesses putting and enforcing measures in place to allow distancing (be it limited numbers in a shop at once, or space in hospitality) then we wouldn't be where we are now.

We could strike a balance of living with it and keeping the economy ticking over until there is a vaccine or drugs that make it not as dangerous (and i appreciate that to most people its a minor illness so lots would even disagree with those small measures).

the problem is so many fuckwits cannot or will not adhere to those simple measures, allied to the fact universities have gone back, and students are mostly refusing to adhere, we are now on a knife edge again, basically due to peoples selfishness. Also lack of enforcment of the rules by businesses and the authorities. ive heard from many anecdotal primary sources that hospitality in the north and midlands has been no where near as stringent in a, putting measures in place, and b enforcing them, as the south , east and west have been. this clearly is another factor. finally the cretins going out and about with symptoms...ive been in a couple of shops in the last 2 weeks with peple coughing away (in masks) now they may have other issue but i exited sharpish when i heard the coughs.

Look at the shameful scenes in Liverpool last night...and they complain about being lockdown, yet i imagine many will blame the gov for those scenes somehow.

scum of the earth i'm afraid.

A11M11
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

They are not victims for nothing !
Half term approaches every boat on the broads is booked most of them sleep up to 8 ( rule of 6 anybody ) my local self isolating and covid secure pub's landlord is fed up with groups of mainly northerners coming in and not adhering to any rules . I.e signing in with government app , wearing a mask whilst walking to the toilet , not coming to the bar , ordering food and drinks at the table , sitting in the marquee outside opening their own bottles of wine and slipping vodka in their cokes .
They have had the place for 20 odd years and it's been their family home as well but they would get out tomorrow if anyone came along with an offer.

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 am
2 things NFG:

1 there are too many 'experts' little consensus and plenty of hindsight. which experts are they meant to go with. SAGE is full of disparate medical voices and there conflicting opinions. the idiot Ferguson being an extreme example. SAGE advisors are not politically independent minded hence we see plenty coming out retrospectively (when others disagreed with them at the time) saying i suggested this, to make those in power look even more foolish, likewise there are those minded to simply protect health vs those with balance about economy and other health issues than covid that are exponentially exasperated by lockdown. its basically luck of the draw which 'experts' you listen to.


2nd you keep going on about boris ignoring the lockdown trigger till 2 weeks too late. however there was an unofficially lockdown in place already. they had said no unessential travel and to stay home and not mix as much as possible, but not made it law. they trusted the people to adhere, and all along ive said they shouldnt have entrusted the entitled populace we now are. loads ignored them forcing them into making it law. they did this i imagine as had they made lockdown official 2 weeks earlier, the public whinging and outcry would have been huge as people didnt understand the gravity of the situation.

im not defending them as they have made many silly decisions such as 10pm curfew on hospitality, lack of enforcement, etc, but they havent done as badly as you make out, and no gov of any colour would have faired better imo.

all that said, if people just adhered to the basics (which are not exactly onerous but mildly inconvenient - wearing masks, social distancing apart from in your bubble, and businesses putting and enforcing measures in place to allow distancing (be it limited numbers in a shop at once, or space in hospitality) then we wouldn't be where we are now.

We could strike a balance of living with it and keeping the economy ticking over until there is a vaccine or drugs that make it not as dangerous (and i appreciate that to most people its a minor illness so lots would even disagree with those small measures).

the problem is so many fuckwits cannot or will not adhere to those simple measures, allied to the fact universities have gone back, and students are mostly refusing to adhere, we are now on a knife edge again, basically due to peoples selfishness. Also lack of enforcment of the rules by businesses and the authorities. ive heard from many anecdotal primary sources that hospitality in the north and midlands has been no where near as stringent in a, putting measures in place, and b enforcing them, as the south , east and west have been. this clearly is another factor. finally the cretins going out and about with symptoms...ive been in a couple of shops in the last 2 weeks with peple coughing away (in masks) now they may have other issue but i exited sharpish when i heard the coughs.

Look at the shameful scenes in Liverpool last night...and they complain about being lockdown, yet i imagine many will blame the gov for those scenes somehow.

scum of the earth i'm afraid.
Totally agree about the scousers. They've been behaving like pricks since they won the league, are they surprised their hospitals are about to be overwhelmed.

With regards to the Scientists, sorry Boris gave a directive that people should stop going to pubs in the run up to St Paddy's day. Of course the pubs remained open and people still went out and got pissed. It is clear that he was advised to lock down sooner than he did, Germany locked down on the 12 March and closed their borders, something we never did. The big advantage they have had all along is tracking and tracing outbreaks and dealing with them effectively, something we still haven't got a handle on 6 months later.

Boris lets not forget did not turn up to half the COBRA meetings in January/February when the cabinet knew things where starting to get dangerous, that is unforgiveable. Like Trump his lack of respect for the disease saw him going into dangerous settings and shaking hands with people, it was inevitable with the amount of social interactions he made that he would catch COVID.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48658
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by DB10GOONER »

Meanwhile in good old Oireland it looks like we are going to be put into a level 4 lockdown. Over a thousand new cases and 5 deaths yesterday alone. Still we have fucktards having house parties, refusing to wear masks and not social distancing. :roll:

I'm remote working and was supposed to travel to a meeting (that required physical presence) in another part of the country next week and the guy that was hosting it is also part of our public health network and he suddenly canceled it as he believes we won't be able to travel then. Not looking good here.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:04 pm
Meanwhile in good old Oireland it looks like we are going to be put into a level 4 lockdown. Over a thousand new cases and 5 deaths yesterday alone. Still we have fucktards having house parties, refusing to wear masks and not social distancing. :roll:

I'm remote working and was supposed to travel to a meeting (that required physical presence) in another part of the country next week and the guy that was hosting it is also part of our public health network and he suddenly canceled it as he believes we won't be able to travel then. Not looking good here.



I'm still waiting for someone over here to justify these lockdowns - already today our beloved leader (michael martin) has told us that "normal life" will not return until we have a vaccine, so how long are we supposed to lockdown everything for then ?? These lockdowns are bullshit and really grating on me now - they are doing nothing to kill the virus and are merely slowing it down, but of course it will spread like wildfire again as soon as the country starts opening up again, and they (nephet and the government) can fcuk right off if they think that they can keep us in a never ending lockdown state :evil: :evil: My father is almost 80 years old and he keeps saying that sitting at home with everything closed down is not living - people like him worked hard all their lives and are now expected to sit at home and more or less wait to die ??

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:04 pm
Meanwhile in good old Oireland it looks like we are going to be put into a level 4 lockdown. Over a thousand new cases and 5 deaths yesterday alone. Still we have fucktards having house parties, refusing to wear masks and not social distancing. :roll:

I'm remote working and was supposed to travel to a meeting (that required physical presence) in another part of the country next week and the guy that was hosting it is also part of our public health network and he suddenly canceled it as he believes we won't be able to travel then. Not looking good here.



I'm still waiting for someone over here to justify these lockdowns - already today our beloved leader (michael martin) has told us that "normal life" will not return until we have a vaccine, so how long are we supposed to lockdown everything for then ?? These lockdowns are bullshit and really grating on me now - they are doing nothing to kill the virus and are merely slowing it down, but of course it will spread like wildfire again as soon as the country starts opening up again, and they (nephet and the government) can fcuk right off if they think that they can keep us in a never ending lockdown state :evil: :evil: My father is almost 80 years old and he keeps saying that sitting at home with everything closed down is not living - people like him worked hard all their lives and are now expected to sit at home and more or less wait to die ??


The grey haired brigade are out every day shopping away quite happily in our neck of the woods. I can see why some of the kids (maybe quite a lot of them actually) have taken a "fu.ck it" attitude......if the oldies aren't taking it too seriously and shielding why should they give a crap.

Post Reply