Season predictor / What happens next? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Season predictor / What happens next? Merged thread.

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:47 am
The Daily Mail is reporting that Liverpool FC are insulted by suggestions that their supporters won't respect social distancing protocols if Liverpool win the league title.
It's not as if there is any evidence out there that Liverpool supporters are unable to behave themselves and follow instructions.
Shamed by nothing, insulted by everything.
If they went mad and smashed up their shithole of a city, which no doubt, they will, I don't think anyone would notice. Burnt out cars?, torched shops? looting? rapes? ice picks through the heads of black students? The rest of the country would probably just assume it was an ordinary Tuesday afternoon.
:lol:

And then the rest of the football world and society would have to endure having an annual attention seeking grief fest to commemorate it rammed down our throats for the rest of time. :roll:

Fucking grief whores. :censored:
That's the perfect description for them mate.

Or perhaps House robbing, jobless dole grabbing, wallet lifting, hubcap thieving, Juventus fan murdering grief whores? :rubchin: Whaddya think???

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I suppose it will be like a new season if the PL starts up,

I've seen some Bundesliga highlights but I'm not one for watching neutral games when I have no connection to the clubs playing. Surprisingly I've never been to a German ground, so no reason to be bothered. :roll:

The Dutch cancelled their League, I like Feyernoord :mrgreen: as been there, their fans are sound so like to see them do well, plus they don't like the Toilet Lids! :barscarf:
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Sun May 17, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf:

dano

Post by dano »

does anyone care about the lower tier? I read that a good number (25 maybe) of Championship, One and Two are at risk of going under. https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... h-football

Daughter and family lived near Cheltenham, always liked going to a small ground to watch a match.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

dano wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 am
does anyone care about the lower tier? I read that a good number (25 maybe) of Championship, One and Two are at risk of going under. https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... h-football

Daughter and family lived near Cheltenham, always liked going to a small ground to watch a match.
Over the years I lived locally to Wimbledon, Southend, Colchester and Ipswich and have watched matches as a neutral (except Southend where I was a home supporter) just to see a game of football. No way on earth would I pay £25 to watch Ipswich or similar nowadays.

Would be a shame but many of the smaller clubs can’t survive this, I don’t suppose I’ll lose any sleep over it.

John F

Post by John F »

Will Arsenal adopt the Borussia Monchengladbach idea of putting cardboard cut outs of their fans on the seats.If we do the two finger salute could still be kept with movable arms attached to a long string that the stewards could pull if Mike Dean is the ref .Stand up if you hate Tottenham could be done by flipping the seats.Goals can be celebrated as they are now with a recording of polite applause and lap tops being closed.
What would other clubs do to reflect their support.The Mickeys could have rows and rows of cardboard wheelie bins with legs sticking out of them.The Spuds could have two sections ,one with blow up doll picture s in memory of one of their ex managers and one with pictures of well shit .The recording of the crowd noise could be just grunts or the spuds staff going at it with the blow up dolls cut outs as they wouldn't be able to resist a shag with human features. Chelsea could have pictures of track suit bottoms.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh look, our impartial, hates football, national broadcaster is going to show 4, yes 4 :oops: , live league matches this season.

Apparently it is the first time since the PL (and football :roll: ) started that this entity which takes over £3.5bn in a straight tax grab every year has shown a live english league match. Good to know that the bosses at the beeb take the national game seriously. Sorry payers of the licence fee we are going to sink all your money into watching Attenborough & Co talking about elephants.....enjoy.

"This opportunity creates an historic moment for the BBC and our audiences," director of BBC Sport, Barbara Slater said. This opportunity......you mean 40,000 people had to die before you thought showing a couple of live league games would be useful.

Ha fucking ha, it just means we'll have to listen to that jug eared old cu.nt for longer than usual.

Whatever shit they may pull in many areas, when it comes to football.....Sky I salute you :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:08 am
Oh look, our impartial, hates football, national broadcaster is going to show 4, yes 4 :oops: , live league matches this season.

Apparently it is the first time since the PL (and football :roll: ) started that this entity which takes over £3.5bn in a straight tax grab every year has shown a live english league match. Good to know that the bosses at the beeb take the national game seriously. Sorry payers of the licence fee we are going to sink all your money into watching Attenborough & Co talking about elephants.....enjoy.

"This opportunity creates an historic moment for the BBC and our audiences," director of BBC Sport, Barbara Slater said. This opportunity......you mean 40,000 people had to die before you thought showing a couple of live league games would be useful.

Ha fucking ha, it just means we'll have to listen to that jug eared old cu.nt for longer than usual.

Whatever shit they may pull in many areas, when it comes to football.....Sky I salute you :barscarf:
Agreed Jock...and didnt that fucker from the bbc milk it...historic moment...FFS

dano

Post by dano »

please help with words to throw back at insufferable Liverpool supporters when (looks like not if) they win the title.

You are not real champions because (wording needed)
Your season will always be with an asterisk because (wording needed)

on the one hand, they look to win enough to take the title, even in these circumstances, but what are the reasons for taking a LP supporter down a few levels?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

dano wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 pm
please help with words to throw back at insufferable Liverpool supporters when (looks like not if) they win the title.

You are not real champions because (wording needed)
Your season will always be with an asterisk because (wording needed)

on the one hand, they look to win enough to take the title, even in these circumstances, but what are the reasons for taking a LP supporter down a few levels?

Good news Dano, the following works for both scenarios :barscarf:

"you're murdering thieving scouse cu.nts"

I'm sure I've heard this on here before......haven't you been paying attention mate :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

According to the Daily Mail Sky want the presentation of the Premier League trophy to be presented at Anfield and they want their top pundits present..
Liverpool are going to win the League unfortunately, but where is the integrity of a competition when a broadcaster is calling the shots before it is actually won. ? I'm not naive enough to think this isn't always the case but with what the World has gone through with Covid19 could a return to football not be enough celebration to begin with.Not for Sky, they want the wankfest for the murdering scum to be on their terms.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I WANT MY FUCKING NULL AND VOID !!!!! :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Much as I'd prefer the Victims not to win the league I'm not sure I could face it if they fucked it up now....... can you imagine the grief whoring, excuse making, injustice of it all and that's just from the media never mind the Scousers supporters :rubchin:

There will be a period of national mourning from the broadcast sports media if the Scousers were 'unjustly' to lose out and I'm not sure I could face it, the love in they currently have for the Spuds is nothing compared to that of the Victims :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think i'd prefer it if we beat City, Liverpool beat Everton, therefore claiming the title, and then lose their last 8 games. I could live with that as a compromise.

Also, isn't the german league a bit naff. It also shows home advantage means fuck all. No supporters, no advantage.

We've been preparing our players for the last 10 years for days like this by keeping quiet. As they showed against charlton, played better without the supporters there. Ozil might well have the best 10 games of his Arsenal career without the groaning fans in the ground.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Wed 17th Citeh A
Sat 20th Brighton A
Thu 25th Soton A
These are the first 3 games when the season starts up again..i wonder how many points we will manage from these?? :rubchin:
I predict a turdholing on weds and then a couple of draws.