Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Amended thread title too.

nut flush gooner

Re: Arsenal players told qualify for the CL or take a pay cut

Post by nut flush gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:24 pm
The Mirror claim Mesut Ozil has refused to join #Arsenal’s players in taking a 12.5% pay cut. Ozil. has made it clear he may be willing to do it in the future but wanted to see the full financial impact of the coronavirus & did not want to rush into a decision. https://t.co/GGWYUWhETo
Why does this not surprise me from Ozil. The club's financial plight is irrelevant, he is lining his pockets while people are risking their lives every day for a fraction of his salary. Just go Mesut you overrated pile of tosh.

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

My 10 year old Grandson an Ipswich Town fan for his sins has just auctioned off his prize ITFC signed shirt and football and raised £250 for the NHS and these overpaid spoilt brats cant give up a bit of their wages , which by the way there getting for doing jack shit !

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Let’s be honest, most Premier League footballers would survive without pay for a year due to the vast savings they’ve accrued, the reduced tax their ‘clever’ accounting produces and a lot of their lifestyle paid for. All this talk of whether it’s a 10%, 12.5%, 20% deferral or a reduction is actually trivial when compared to what some people are going through. It’s just greed, plain and simple. And they’re not the only ones. Big business, inheritance millionaires, and others in the entertainment industry all need a wake up call. It’s sickening really.

Midz

Re: Arsenal players told qualify for the CL or take a pay cut

Post by Midz »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:21 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:24 pm
The Mirror claim Mesut Ozil has refused to join #Arsenal’s players in taking a 12.5% pay cut. Ozil. has made it clear he may be willing to do it in the future but wanted to see the full financial impact of the coronavirus & did not want to rush into a decision. https://t.co/GGWYUWhETo
Why does this not surprise me from Ozil. The club's financial plight is irrelevant, he is lining his pockets while people are risking their lives every day for a fraction of his salary. Just go Mesut you overrated pile of tosh.
I fucking hate ozil and wish he'd fuck off asap!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ozil refusing the pay cut..... has that been confirmed as fact anywhere? Or is it just the lovely lads and ladies of the shit brigade that passes for the media speculating again....?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck me.

I'm not defending Ozil here - what he allegedly did is wrong. If he did actually do it of course.....

But fuck me.

The voices of reason and decency are Spit the Scouse and Spiv Neville? A "man" that spat at a child and a greasy little toe rag that agitated to try and get his national team squad to go on strike because his drug cheat mate wasn't picked for the team? :roll:

Fuck off. :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't care if he did it or not, i still hate him and think he's a *word censored*!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:03 pm
I don't care if he did it or not, i still hate him and think he's a *word censored*!!
No problem with that mate. Everyone to their own. But I do find two despicable cùnts like Spit and the Spiv passing judgement on him (or on anyone else for that matter) unacceptable. Absolute scum taking the moral high ground? Fuck them. :x

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 pm
Fuck me.

I'm not defending Ozil here - what he allegedly did is wrong. If he did actually do it of course.....

But fuck me.

The voices of reason and decency are Spit the Scouse and Spiv Neville? A "man" that spat at a child and a greasy little toe rag that agitated to try and get his national team squad to go on strike because his drug cheat mate wasn't picked for the team? :roll:

Fuck off. :censored:
And lobbed a coin at our fans and publicly supported a racist. Horrible, ugly, talentless little *word censored* who somehow thinks his opinion matters. If it was a bindipper, he'd be making all sorts of excuses and talking about how each player has their own views. Quite why the wonky faced *word censored* thinks he can have an opinion on this, I really don't know. The other one is just a ratty faced snide *word censored* who can fuck off.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Ozil refusing the pay cut..... has that been confirmed as fact anywhere? Or is it just the lovely lads and ladies of the shit brigade that passes for the media speculating again....?
Not confirmed anywhere just the story John cross is peddling, tbh when I heard about certain players refusing to take pay cuts Ozil was the 1st name that came to mind, reckon there's more to this story.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Not confirmed anywhere just the story John cross is peddling, tbh when I heard about certain players refusing to take pay cuts Ozil was the 1st name that came to mind, reckon there's more to this story.

So who do we think was the other player(s) that refused to take a pay cut (some media reports say it was 2 players and some say 3) ? Xhak's "fcuk the lot of ye" attitude certainly fits the bill, but not sure if my hatred of the guy is clouding my judgement here :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

I know DB10 is no lover of the sun newspaper, and no way am I saying that they are a bastion of honesty and integrity, but I do feel that all is (still) not well behind the scenes at our club - I have said previously that I do not like the way the players have been publicly put under pressure to take a pay cut and I stand by that, but I also feel that these c.unts have been allowed to whatever the fcuk they wanted to do for many years now, and that will be contributing to their stance now

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... oungsters/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:04 pm
I know DB10 is no lover of the sun newspaper, and no way am I saying that they are a bastion of honesty and integrity, but I do feel that all is (still) not well behind the scenes at our club - I have said previously that I do not like the way the players have been publicly put under pressure to take a pay cut and I stand by that, but I also feel that these c.unts have been allowed to whatever the fcuk they wanted to do for many years now, and that will be contributing to their stance now

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... oungsters/
That "article" quotes Piers the cùnt Morgan, augs.... that tells me all I need to know about the article and the cùnt that "wrote" it. :censored:

But I do agree with your theory that not all is as it should be behind the scenes.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Why are Arsenal asking players to take a pay cut at this time, when most other clubs are asking players to defer their wages, which players are more agreeable to?