Random Question - Arsenal 89 Rave Flag

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Random Question - Arsenal 89 Rave Flag

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Hi guys - long time no post....

I'm sure someone else here would have seen it at some point - anyone remember seeing an Arsenal flag (particularly around the '89 season) with
the massive old skool acid house/rave smiley face on it? maybe my memory deceives me, it may have just been plain union jack with the face on it, but I recall it having 'ARSENAL' printed on it too

hopefully someone has a picture of it they can share - i swear this site or one like had a gallery in it and there was an flag section, i've definitely seen a picture of it on the net before..

anyway - Up The Gunners :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Random Question - Arsenal 89 Rave Flag

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:16 pm

I'm sure someone else here would have seen it at some point - anyone remember seeing an Arsenal flag (particularly around the '89 season) with
the massive old skool acid house/rave smiley face on it? maybe my memory deceives me, it may have just been plain union jack with the face on it, but I recall it having 'ARSENAL' printed on it too

hopefully someone has a picture of it they can share - i swear this site or one like had a gallery in it and there was an flag section, i've definitely seen a picture of it on the net before..

- they guy who was nicknamed “acid gooner” - pretty sure the guy that had a Cypriot flag and had his face painted, wore an acid smiley t shirt he wore a red / yellow half and half hat - I’ve seen the flag on and end of season dvd or somewhere ? Possibly even Anfield 89 ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Gooner fanzine website used to have a gallery on it (probably still does).

P_Walnuts

Post by P_Walnuts »

Is this the one you're thinking of? I've seen colour pictures of it as well, but can't seem to find them

Henry Norris 1913

That is a brilliant photo Walnuts

Db10 - I'll check again but couldn't find any gallery

Henry Norris 1913

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:13 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:16 pm

- they guy who was nicknamed “acid gooner” - pretty sure the guy that had a Cypriot flag and had his face painted, wore an acid smiley t shirt he wore a red / yellow half and half hat - I’ve seen the flag on and end of season dvd or somewhere ? Possibly even Anfield 89 ?
Think we have the same thing in mind Stu

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm
That is a brilliant photo Walnuts

Db10 - I'll check again but couldn't find any gallery
There used to be a Gooner gallery -,with pictures of tattoos, scantily clad women in Arsenal gear, etc, I’ve just had a quick look and can’t see it either