Soton A Thurs ko 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Soton A Thurs ko 6pm

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:41 am
Our central midfield have contributed the princely total of one single PL goal to the cause this season. One fucking goal, Torreira somewhere by all accounts but fucked if I can remember it.

Possibly the worst midfield in the league, drab going forward, shit defensively and zero fight.

Come back Sir Flicks-A-Lot all is forgiven!
Guendozi creats fuck all, he sores fuck all, runs around in circles with his shit hair....useless fucker

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:40 am
They are bollox and have been for decades but we never get anything down there and we'll probably lose 2-1. We'll also have about eight injuries, their players will get away with the usual fouling which happens against us and all in all, it will be fucking tedious to watch.
They have been crap, but always seem to beat us down there...Charlie Austin FFS

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Il be finishing work near HT in this one and we'll already be a couple of goals down. Soton players will realise from minute one we Have zero interest in standing up for ourselves so they'll kick us off the pitch while some useless excuse for a referee smiles and waves away any talk of a booking or a sending off. This season is the biggest of write offs and I expect there will be few games between now and the end that I bother watching.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I just hope we miss Europe altogether now and try and reset with younger players.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 am
Il be finishing work near HT in this one and we'll already be a couple of goals down. Soton players will realise from minute one we Have zero interest in standing up for ourselves so they'll kick us off the pitch while some useless excuse for a referee smiles and waves away any talk of a booking or a sending off. This season is the biggest of write offs and I expect there will be few games between now and the end that I bother watching.

Tbf to southampton, they are not really not a kicking team and have some nice players like ward prowse

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We won't lose this this. Why? Dunno just feel it in my jack jones - Win or at worst a draw. :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

If Southampton turn up and try a bit then that should be enough for them to notch up a win.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I'd say Southampton are pretty much safe, looking at the table. They won't be fighting like tigers as Brighton did. So if our bunch of pussies win then it will mean diddly-squat.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martinez, Bellerin, Mustafi, Holding, Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka, Nketiah, Aubameyang.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ceballos :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

No Guendouzi in match day squad,young Matt Smith a midfielder on the bench for his 1st time involment with the 1st team squad.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Southampton have the worst home record In the league this season......

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:57 pm
Southampton have the worst home record In the league this season......
Yes but only because they haven’t played us yet :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Looks and probably will be, like like a rubbish pre-season friendly.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm
No Guendouzi in match day squad,young Matt Smith a midfielder on the bench for his 1st time involment with the 1st team squad.

A proper manager would either start him or drop him to the bench and put his arm around him and tell him that he needs to cop on - arteta buckles to media scrutiny and takes the easy way by dropping the kid and hanging him out to dry :roll: I'll tell you this for certain, GG or old whiskey nose at manure, would never hang their players out to dry like that :censored: :censored:

Starting nketieh again :banghead: :banghead: