Soton A Thurs ko 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Soton A Thurs ko 6pm

Post by A11M11 »

a good manager, a proper manager, would pull guendouzi aside and coach and educate him on the proper way to behave as a pro footballer,

And whose to say that he hasn't . So he didn't feature last night , So what !
It's purely assumption that he's fallen out and a report in the French media .
A lot of things getting repeated and building a story.

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 am
a good manager, a proper manager, would pull guendouzi aside and coach and educate him on the proper way to behave as a pro footballer,

And whose to say that he hasn't . So he didn't feature last night , So what !
It's purely assumption that he's fallen out and a report in the French media .
A lot of things getting repeated and building a story.

Arteta threw him to the wolves last night when he left him out of the squad altogether - he knew what he was doing, and knew the way it would be interpreted in the media

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wasn't he also binned off at least once by Emery last season? There's been more than one report about his questionable attitude around the place since he joined so this is far from an isolated incident.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Maybe and maybe it was done by agreement. Conclusion jumping is the meat and drink of the media . Best to wait and see how it pans out.

augie

Post by augie »

There is a story doing the rounds today (McD posted it on transfer thread) where it says that guendouzi has told the club that he wants out - the media being the way there out nowadays, runs with the big headline saying that he wants out, but it totally ignores the details in the piece.
The interesting bits for me were

"According to French outlet L’Equipe, the midfielder feels he has not got the backing of manager Arteta"

and

"The 21-year-old has started just four of Arteta's 12 league matches"

As I suggested many times on here, their relationship broke down the very second xhaka was restored to the starting line up and he was dropped - players get the hump all the time when dropped, but to be dropped for the pariah that is/was xhaka, must have been an almighty slap in the face for guendouzi

Been thinking about this situation a lot this morning, and I cant help but look back and compare it to years gone by when some of our players showed too much petulance - there have been many but the standout one will always been the time Paddy spat at that fat pie eating c.unt (ruddock) in that east end shithole. PV4 is still a massive hero to me to this day, but spitting at someone is as low as it gets - nobody was clamouring for him to be thrown out of the club or sold, but this new sanitised world deplores behaviour like guendouzi's against brighton, so now we should hang him high :roll: :oops: :oops:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

An interesting comparison would be Martinelli who has had as little game time under Arteta but doesn't seem to be 'allegedly' throwing his teddy out the pram in the same way as Guendozi, personally of the two I'd rather keep Martinelli but then I've never really taken to Guendozi I think he is over rated and seems better than he is due to the obvious lack of competition he has..... :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I agree with Arteta's stance. Guendouzi caused trouble when they went to Dubai and Arteta must have a disciplinary system in place, and he must show that he is going to stick with it. Wenger did it with Wright, Wilshere and Pennant to name a few. Graham was absolutely ruthless if a player didn't follow his methods.

I enjoyed the match, the team played with a good tempo. Tierney was excellent in that system. We need to secure our right side as Bellerin consistently conceded possession. Cellabos didn't offer anything on the right in the way Saka did on the left. Don't be fooled by Mustafi performance yesterday. Holding was the leader at the back and cleared up everything that came his was, it was Mustafi who was left standing by Long.
I can see why Arteta is keeping Luiz. There were times when the defence should've have played the ball forward quicker and they didn't because neither CB has the same capability as Luiz to see a pass. Xhaka also lacks that capability.
Pepe needs to demand the ball more often. He has the talent and pace to do most FB's in the league and he made some fantastic runs yesterday but never received the ball. The ball is always going down the left side, which is alienating a very talented player. If Xhaka could see a pass and read a players movement, like a midfielder should be able to do, Pepe would have a few more goals and assists to his name.
Ozil looked a sad and forlorn figure on the sidelines. Does he want to play football or just sit and pick up wages? If it is the latter the least he can do is smile about it.