Sheff Utd A FA cup Sun 28/06 ko 1pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Sheff Utd A FA cup Sun 28/06 ko 1pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Oh for fuck's sake. Not another fucking match. Hasn't this fucking season finished yet? Probably lose. It's a shithole ground where we've never really got anything apart from a win in the rain and mud in 1990-91. In fact, we've had some fucking shit performance up there over the last few visits.
Remember not getting a shot on target against Phil Jagielka when he was forced to go into goal about ten or more years ago. Think they will be well up for this and not sure Arsenal will.

Fucking miserable game that was. This season's shit performance up there reminded me very much of that one. Probably be much the same on Sunday.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:01 pm
I'd rather remember the FA Cup semi-final in 2002. We lost the final in '78, but won it in '02. Hopefully he can pick the same back four that started against Southampton. Holding deserves a run starts.
Its strange isn't it that there could be a really dramatic and memorable cup game we were involved in ... but its never quite the same if it does not lead to going on to lift the cup.

In the space of 4 days in 1988 we beat both Man United and Everton at Highbury in both domestic cups ... and in front of over 110,000 in total. But as we didnt win either cup they're maybe not remembered as fondly as other games. They still remain two of my most memorable Highbury games ever though.
Same mate - the atmosphere at both those games were immense, McLair’s penalty miss is one of my favourite Highbury memories, bar goals. Everton were the team to beat back then - I went to Goodson for the 1st leg ( a 1-0 win) :barscarf: for my first away trip outside of London and Norwich. We toned them 3-1 at home, missed an open goal (Rocky I think) but we were magnificent that night.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is, if we lose either in the Quarters or Semi's it'll be just what many expect of us.

IF we Win - the cup that is - Then kroenke will just say - Hey! Arsenal City my team don't need any new players they've just won the AF Cup....

So either way we Lose. :wailer: :mrgnu: :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clash wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:01 pm
I'd rather remember the FA Cup semi-final in 2002. We lost the final in '78, but won it in '02. Hopefully he can pick the same back four that started against Southampton. Holding deserves a run starts.
Its strange isn't it that there could be a really dramatic and memorable cup game we were involved in ... but its never quite the same if it does not lead to going on to lift the cup.

In the space of 4 days in 1988 we beat both Man United and Everton at Highbury in both domestic cups ... and in front of over 110,000 in total. But as we didnt win either cup they're maybe not remembered as fondly as other games. They still remain two of my most memorable Highbury games ever though.
Or possibly our greatest cup run ever to the final of the Carling Cup 2007. We beat all premier league teams, away from home as well. WBA, Everton, Liverpool (6-3), Spuds in the semi-final, then wenger put the kids out in the final against double title winners Chelski. At least we got to see Diaby full volley John Terry in the face. Oh and barndoor sent off instead of Eboue who flattened Wayne Bridge. Still would've like to have won the trophy though.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’d forgotten we were still in it :shock: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 pm
I’d forgotten we were still in it :shock: :D
Me Too! :shock: - Well up until the other day when they said on the radio! :shock: :shock: :shock:

COYG ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Does anybody know what channel its on please? :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

It's on BT Sport mate

Really want us to win this, it's been a shit season but the cup is still The Cup

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I hope and pray that IF we win this game we then get manure in the semi finals - I have seen several of their games this season, and honestly they are as shit as we are. They were lucky to beat norwich tonight, and norwich are a poor side.

Re this game, I have to say that I am not confident - they will be fired up to get their first win since the resumption, and the cup is their best bet too. Without doubt they strike force is at best average - sharp is a goal poacher whose legs are gone, and McGoldrick is a very intelligent player but not pace at all, and the other options are absolute garbage, so if we concede to them then we dont deserve to win

Fcuk knows what team arteta will start. Fcuk knows what system he will play. Practically all we can be sure of is that martinez, bellerin, xkaka and saka will start, and auba will again be on the wing :roll:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Maybe a draw & win on pens !. Who knows. Chel$ki in semi's would be good. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Well up for this. Sheff Utd seem to have stumbled out of the blocks for the restart. It could be they are banking their season on the cup but let’s be honest we are in the same basket.

Think we will see a few changes to the line up. If Lacazette doesn’t start it may not say much for his future at the club. Apparently Soares will also be available to play so it will be good to finally get a look at him.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I presume those that forget we were in the cup or indifferent about it, have got a prize stonker still in some misplaced hope of reaching the top four.

Of course, we would have had a chance of qualifying another way but the super coach managed to lose a home game against a bunch of Greek stiffs who'd lost their last 12 away games in Europe :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

but the super coach managed to lose a home game against a bunch of Greek stiffs who'd lost their last 12 away games in Europe

And caught Corona virus in the process .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:02 am
but the super coach managed to lose a home game against a bunch of Greek stiffs who'd lost their last 12 away games in Europe

And caught Corona virus in the process .
Indeed - another memorable night in our recent history. Lose to just about the worst travellers in European football, listen to 5,000 Greeks sing in an otherwise muted stadium and catch the virus to postpone the season!

Arteta's cunning plan is beginning to look more like Baldrick's every day

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Even without the virus and my disinterest in the league restart, this would have been the only game I bothered watching. Win and my interest will prolong into July. If we lose then never mind, Cricket season starts a week on Wednesday

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal XI vs. Sheffield United: Martinez; Mustafi, Luiz, Tierney; Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Willock, Kolasinac; Pepe, Lacazette, Saka.