Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 pm
Hopefully Racist Steptoe gets a career ending injury and we win by 5. That'd be nice.

This x 100 - I hate that c.unt with every fibre in my body, and am sick looking at the smug c.unt scoring against us :censored: :censored: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am
John F wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 pm
Hopefully Racist Steptoe gets a career ending injury and we win by 5. That'd be nice.
Not too injured I hope I need some old mowers and a washing machine picking up from my house.
Must be nearly time for a "Why I didn't join Arsenal " exclusive by Vardy...It has been.a while.
:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Drop Luiz and Kalashnikov and Ceballos and we'll fuck em. 8)

For the life of my I really cannot understand the thinking behind playing this clown in a back 3 when you have 2 fit centre backs on the bench :? Without doubt vardy will pull onto him and his pace will scorch kolasniac real bad - at 51 years old I am faster than that fat c.unt :roll:

Is madisson back for this ? He is another smug c.unt, but I do think that the boy is talented. Hopefully we will see Torreira returned to the starting line up, and maitland-niles ahead of soares at right wing back. For me laca starts too - for all nketieh's workrate, we need a stronger number 9 who will actually frighten opposition defences.

I know every formation has weaknesses that can be exploited by a shrewd manager, but I always feel that the 3 centre backs formation is more susceptible to being destroyed than other formations - there is so much space for teams to ping balls in behind our wing backs for the likes of vardy to use his pace, plus if you have a lazy winger that doesnt track back, our wing backs/full backs will quickly find themselves on the wrong side of a 2 v 1 situation

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

James Maddison and Ben Chilwell are BOTH injury doubts for Leicester's clash with Arsenal https://t.co/F5lNCeRA6O

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

they're playing then .

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I’m clearly risking a roasting here :) , but why the potent anti Vardy sentiment? Someone, DB I think, mentioned “racist”, but I’m unaware of that. As a forward who came to the pro game late and the Premiership when he was 27 or 28, he’s been an outstanding goal scorer. You see very few with his nerveless finishing ability and judging him first and foremost as a footballer, I don’t see a reason to dislike him.

Tin hat time I think. :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm
I’m clearly risking a roasting here :) , but why the potent anti Vardy sentiment? Someone, DB I think, mentioned “racist”, but I’m unaware of that. As a forward who came to the pro game late and the Premiership when he was 27 or 28, he’s been an outstanding goal scorer. You see very few with his nerveless finishing ability and judging him first and foremost as a footballer, I don’t see a reason to dislike him.

I don't dislike him at all. I just wanted to see him knobbled quickly so he doesn't score against us. :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:

Have to agree Retro. I stand to be corrected if there are things I am unaware of about Jamie Vardy (cant stand his wife to be fair) but he is well down on my long list of hate figures in the game. His goals were vital in Leicester being champions in 2016 - a team which gets a bit of a slating at times too I've noticed.

Not telling people what to think here or anything but lets not forget who would have won the title that season if they had slipped up (and no it wouldn't have been us even though we ended up 2nd 8) )

I will always feel indebted to that Leicester side for saving us from a fate worse than a fate worse than death!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Matteo Guendouzi has been training alone since Arsenal defeat at Brighton on June 20. #AFC keen to move on 21yo France midfielder, offering him as swap/sale. Club expected to meet with his reps in coming days. With @gunnerblog for @TheAthleticUK

The Athletic report Mikel Arteta has instructed Matteo Guendouzi to train alone with a fitness coach, after encountering problems with the player’s attitude & general conduct.

Guendouzi was called to a meeting with Arteta & Edu in the aftermath of the Brighton game but didn’t impress. Arteta’s decision to exclude Guendouzi is understood to be based on more than just this incident, which is seen as the latest in a series of indiscretions.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Retro Gunner wrote:

Nothing against him, just didn't like the way he went on about rejecting Arsenal, he could simply have said he was staying loyal to Leicester City. I do remember thinking when he was strongly linked with Arsenal that he was one player who would go to Stoke and not be terrified. No doubt he made a fantastic career for himself.

augie

Post by augie »

Maybe I am crazy but I think that we will win tonight :shock: :shock: Our snowflakes being as mentally weak as they are, confidence is always gonna be a big factor in our results, and right now confidence should be high. Leicester have been on a serious slide for a while now (albeit that their last couple games has improved), and I dont think that their confidence would be as high as it was earlier in the season. If we keep steptoe quiet, and especially if madisson is injured, they dont really have a whole lot to scare us.

One one concern for tonight is how arteta sets us up and what team he picks. I dont believe the starting team he picked against wolves will win tonight, and I would absolutely change the right wing back and the number 9 (at a minimum). Actually even as I am typing this I am beginning to lose confidence cos I have no faith in arteta's ability to pick the right starting 11 :( :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

I finally got a sky pass from the club for this one ,not sure if im bothered to watch though !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 pm
Exclusive: Matteo Guendouzi has been training alone since Arsenal defeat at Brighton on June 20. #AFC keen to move on 21yo France midfielder, offering him as swap/sale. Club expected to meet with his reps in coming days. With @gunnerblog for @TheAthleticUK

The Athletic report Mikel Arteta has instructed Matteo Guendouzi to train alone with a fitness coach, after encountering problems with the player’s attitude & general conduct.

Guendouzi was called to a meeting with Arteta & Edu in the aftermath of the Brighton game but didn’t impress. Arteta’s decision to exclude Guendouzi is understood to be based on more than just this incident, which is seen as the latest in a series of indiscretions.
Apparently Dozer was modelling our new training kit launch today. Just him and the Boomerang.....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc XI: Martinez, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Tierney, Saka, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Subs: Papastathopoulos, Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Pepe, Nelson, Willock, Nketiah, Macey

#ARSLEI

https://t.co/HrRsYjN7DO

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:11 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Apparently Dozer was modelling our new training kit launch today. Just him and the Boomerang.....
Whoever models any of our news kits are usually gone pretty soon after