Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Leicester H Tues 7th Ko 815pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm
I'm not sure if its ben mentioned but does anyone else think that having Black Lives matter and Visit Rwanda on the same shirt a bit of a sick joke albeit one that makes me chuckle !

Btw, this is the best post of the entire thread. :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Away from the refereeing decisions, we should have had the game wrapped up by half time. If you don't take your chances against decent sides, then nine times out of ten, you'll live to regret it. One goal is never enough and certainly not with our shaky defence.

On the plus side, Tierney is looking like the honest and hard working full back that we haven't had for years. Impressed by the quality of crosses he whips in across the 6 yard line and our forwards need to be alive to them. Martinez is a revelation so far...commands his box and has good handling. We've only ever seen glimpses of him before, so it's good to be able to judge him in a run of games and I can't remember when we last had two decent keepers. Saka looking good in patches for a youngster and brilliant the way he sat Evans on his arse and picked out Auba. Ceballos...I doubt we'll be keeping him, but I want him to be a success. There's a player in there imo and he performed well last night.

For the negatives, well, my old mate Xhaka never lets me down. DB10 pointed out a couple of his early and typical fuck ups, but this bloke seems to slide under the radar of most of the commentators. They seem to know that he's crap, but don't highlight his glaring errors. He lost possession in the second half when we were 1-0 up and it led directly to Vardy setting up Iheanacho, who should have scored. For their goal, Mustafi is getting stick, not entirely unfairly, but take a look at how Xhaka allows Gray to get the cross in. He lumbers like a fucking dinosaur and makes no effort to stop the cross, but no one mentions it. The bloke is a complete liability and must be a nightmare to play alongside. Imo, Guendouzi, Torriera and Ceballos are decent players, but many supporters have doubts about all of them. I'd suggest that the common denominator undermining all of them, is that they're invariably having to play alongside a complete muppet. We will NEVER achieve anything with Xhaka in the middle of the park. It's bad enough carrying a liabilty in any position, but it's impossible in centre mid, because you can't cover for it.

I also struggle with some of Arteta's substitutions. What's this thing about Willock? Average at best and contributes very little when playing, to the point where you can forget he's on the pitch. He added nothing last night and I couldn't see the point in taking off Saka, who didn't appear to be flagging and is far more of a threat and covers at the back better. It was also dangerous to take off Auba for AMN, as it removed the chance of an out ball and just invited them on even more. Imo, if you're down to 10, you have to keep a quick bloke up front, just to keep the other side on their toes and prevent them piling forward without a care. Did I ever tell you lot that I've been in football for 30 years ?? :lol:
Great post mate. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I actually quite enjoyed most of last night's match, and especially in the first half I thought there was a zip in our game that has been missing for a while. Lacazette suddenly wanted to link up play and be strong as opposed to the tepid performances of the past year or so, and we should easily have been 3 or 4 goals up. I knew we'd end up regretting that and so it proved

I think any criticism of Arteta in this game would be harsh given that (a) he can't stick the ball in the net for the players, and (b) he can't legislate for the thick as pig shit tackle from Nketiah.

The only thing that I think gave Leicester extra encouragement was taking Auba off. It basically gave them free licence to swamp us at the end knowing there was no attacking threat. I also think he'd worked hard for the team too and was dropping back.

Better performances in the past couple of weeks though no doubt about it. Martinez really impressing, Tierney improving every game and beginning to show more threat going forward having looked total powderpuff in recent months

Hope its enough to see off those vermin c.unts this weekend

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rol-of-var

A certain Mr wenger encouraging refs to use pitch side monitors

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

And there we are - soft as shit penalty for United as usual. Fernandes tries a stupid turn, fucks it up, leaves the ball 5 yards behind, clatters into the defender and the ref can’t wait to give it.

Glad VAR has stopped that shit.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 pm
And there we are - soft as shit penalty for United as usual. Fernandes tries a stupid turn, fucks it up, leaves the ball 5 yards behind, clatters into the defender and the ref can’t wait to give it.

Glad VAR has stopped that shit.
That shower of filthy fuckers to be awarded a pen has to be the gamble every game surely :oops: It's probably odds on though :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So after the dodgy decisions on Tuesday, Tarkowski got away with an absolute horror stamp halfway up a players leg on Weds and even the PL have admitted that they made mistakes on penalties in ALL THREE games last night.

Would be pisspoor for referees on the pitch to make so many key mistakes, never mind the foolproof VAR.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Eddie’s red card upheld despite the Burnley incident :coffeespit:

I never in a million years thought VAR could make the level of officiating in this league worse but fair fucks that’s some achievement.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

What's the fucking point in watching any football when you know the officials are currupt as fuck

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 am
So after the dodgy decisions on Tuesday, Tarkowski got away with an absolute horror stamp halfway up a players leg on Weds and even the PL have admitted that they made mistakes on penalties in ALL THREE games last night.

Would be pisspoor for referees on the pitch to make so many key mistakes, never mind the foolproof VAR.
So how can it continue if it's clearly making huge game changing mistakes

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:18 am
Eddie’s red card upheld despite the Burnley incident :coffeespit:

I never in a million years thought VAR could make the level of officiating in this league worse but fair fucks that’s some achievement.
I know. It's almost almost unbelievable.

It is NOT fit for purpose. :censored:

All this bollocks people spout about "the system is fine it's just the people running it that are the problem" is just that - bollocks. It's bollocks and totally misses the point.

People are ALWAYS going to be involved at the decision making level.

The problem with VAR is it just adds another layer of people into that mix. Instead of one individual that can fuck up a decision we now have two people that can fuck up a decision. And it does that without improving the decision making.

Worse, the cùnt in the VAR room is away from the baying fans and angry players and media cameras and whereas a referee might feel he can be held accountable on the pitch and might not cheat in every decision the fucking cùnt in the VAR room is isolated and immune from the players and fans and media.

Worse still that wrong decision used to take 2 seconds to make, it now takes anywhere from 2 to 5 fucking MINUTES ffs. AND THEY STILL GET THE FUCKING DECISION WRONG.

VAR is killing off what is left of the game. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 am
northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 am

So how can it continue if it's clearly making huge game changing mistakes
Greedy corrupt morons run the game. If they stop using it they are very publicly admitting they got it very wrong and wasted millions getting it wrong and that might affect their ability to fleece huge salaries and bribes cough cough in the future. :censored:

Unfortunately for us the fans they will never do that. The game killing shit that is VAR is here to stay.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

VAR is the best thing that has happened to the broadcasters for years.

It emphasises their line that Sky Sports is THE place to watch live football. Even better than in the ground where the fuckers don’t have a clue what’s happening.

Difficult to understand how anybody who knows anything about football could have expected it to be anything other than a farce.