MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:26 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 pm
Murdering bin dipping workshy victim *word censored*. Three defeats now in their "invincibles" season.

Beat me to it mate. Three defeats. Very average champions.
Season's not over yet. I've a sneaking suspicion this "greatest team* ever" ((c) SlySports :roll: ) might just squeeze in one more defeat. :D

Topside Northbank

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by Topside Northbank »

We were shit most of the 2nd half Luiz almost cost us a goal three times with shitty half clearances but glad we beat those pricks especially after Sunday.

Well bonus can't beat City's points record,third league defeat but we all know had there been anything on that game we would of been done comfortably,Willock upfront :lol: Xhatard midfield :lol: Juiz CB :lol: comical spine from Lego man.

Martinez man of the match for me great save at the end off the deflection,was worried after the Leno injury but he has been superb only the special needs defenders infront of him have let him and us down,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 pm
We were shit most of the 2nd half Luiz almost cost us a goal three times with shitty half clearances but glad we beat those pricks especially after Sunday.

Well bonus can't beat City's points record,third league defeat but we all know had there been anything on that game we would of been done comfortably,Willock upfront :lol: Xhatard midfield :lol: Juiz CB :lol: comical spine from Lego man.

Martinez man of the match for me great save at the end off the deflection,was worried after the Leno injury but he has been superb only the special needs defenders infront of him have let him and us down,
Good post. Pretty much sums it up. Martinez has been our best player by a long shot. Though his nerves must be shredded with the Brain Trust fucking around in front of him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:24 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 pm
Watching us grind out an ugly and undeserved result makes my dick hard.
It's strange isn't it? I probably enjoyed that scrappy shite win as much as any of the Total Football 5-0 drubbings the Invincibles dished out. :lol:
We have spent the best part of the last 15 years losing games like that on a regular basis. Feels good to be on the other side.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In fact I’m sure there have been a few since but the last shithouse win that really springs to mind is 15 years ago in the fa cup final against United. We were dreadful, Lehmann was outstanding, Reyes got sent off for a dirty cynical foul and we robbed them on pens. Brilliant.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:36 pm
In fact I’m sure there have been a few since but the last shithouse win that really springs to mind is 15 years ago in the fa cup final against United. We were dreadful, Lehmann was outstanding, Reyes got sent off for a dirty cynical foul and we robbed them on pens. Brilliant.
Fucking loved that final. We were proper gash and still beat the manc filth. 8)

shu

Post by shu »

Yes I was at that cup final and one row from the manure fans , even before extra time we were shouting we are going to beat you and they knew it , a real mugging :D

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Always thought Geoff Shreeves was an idiot but the question tonight to Arteta ' How do you compare the task you have to Wenger , similar ' ?

He was guarded but should have said i didn't inherit the best back 5 in Europe arguably you tool 😡!!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

No sign of the tackle on Nelson on MOTD :roll: :roll:

**Edit** Shown in th eanalysis but more as an afterthought. No different to Nketiah's tackle so should have seen red!

Also great to see Holding taking no shit from Mane!
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:36 pm
Fucking loved that final. We were proper gash and still beat the manc filth. 8)
When Paddy V scored the winning pen I jumped up on the bar and ran down it to the owner of the pub and jumped on him (he was also a Gooner)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

What a win 8) we were shite :lol: stops the filthy fuckers* getting 100points :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Lovely to beat the whinging Victims anytime, not a lot at stake I suppose but if only to stop the bleating media it was a great result..We were never in control of the ball the way we were on Sunday but for the first time in a long time Arsenal actually got lucky..
Second week in a row that "Trent" has got away with a horrible sly foul. Untouchable in the media and obviously untouchable in Stockley Park.I know he got a yellow tonight but if Nkeitah's was red then so was that.
Thought Arteta's interview after was honest,.I know he is not the greatest manager/coach in the world but he is the level of coach that a club of our ambition is going to get..Actually he may be better than Arsenal's level of ambition at the moment.
Please start Torriera with Ceballos on Saturday.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I’ll take the win, but fuck me, that was an awful performance. We hardly touched the ball until they gifted us the first goal.

I know that he’s got fuck all to work with, but I can’t work out Arteta’s team selections, or the way he sets them up. The centre of our defence is like a rusty sieve and the midfield is non existent. Someone made the point earlier that Liverpool were pouring through our midfield as though it wasn’t there....I suppose it wasn’t really ! I still maintain that as bad as our defence is, the biggest problem we have is in centre mid, because it neither protects the defence, nor creates anything going forward. He has to drop Xhaka, but we all know he won’t.

Wtf is Pepe all about ?? The bloke is fucking hopeless and clearly thick. 72 million ffs.

Many on here don’t like Lacazette, but imo, we should play a front two of him and Auba.

Once again, Arteta’s substitutions made no sense. Why take Nelson off, who at least was making some kind of effort and leave Pepe on?? Maybe like the rest of us, Arteta had forgotten he was on the pitch. Why bring Willock on (he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side) with Auba and put Willock as centre forward and Auba on the wing ?!! It removed any possible threat we had and meant that we spent the last 20 or so minutes with everyone behind the ball.

The result apart, this was as bad as anything we’ve seen.

Oh and it’s fucking embarrassing watching Sol interviewed ! You couldn’t find someone with less charisma and articulacy if you tried. :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Daylight robbery & we got away with it. Martinez was terrific again. If $chitty gift us a couple of goals at the weekend you never know. :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Comical spine is correct but, just out of interest, what spine could Arteta pick from this squad that wouldn’t be comical? :lol:

Really liking Martinez though. Leno’s injury looked bad so I thought we’d need a new keeper but it’s turned out to be a blessing; he’s not badly injured, will return soon, and a keeper I thought was a gonna turns out to be a serious challenger to Leno. Great result.

Glad to see holding back in the team too! Looked rusty but he’s surely our best defender.