MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by augie »

He has indeed been excellent since he came into the team, but am I not right in saying that another angle showed that the shot was actually just wide anyway ?

He made another save from a deflected shot (off luiz) around that time which make not have looked as spectacular, but was still a very good save regardless 8)

rodders999

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by rodders999 »

Augie do you always have to piss on everybody's fucking chips?

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm assuming that question is rhetorical Rodders!? :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:

:lol:
I was thinking exactly that. I can be a cynical and miserable fucker at times, but Augie is the undisputed champion. :lol: :wink:

The only other angles I’ve seen it from....two aspects I think from Sky....it looked as though it was going in with the bit of bend it had on it. Thing is, Martinez had to make the save regardless.

Augie is right about the other save, which I think was low to the keeper’s left. Deflected off Luiz and while not as spectacular, it was a cracking save.

Apart from Martinez’s technical ability, I really like his calm, no nonsense character. What makes his performances even better, is the pile shit playing in front of him. They’re enough to make a cross between Banks, Shilton and Schmeichal a quivering wreck.

Leno must be twitching a bit.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:20 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I was thinking exactly that. I can be a cynical and miserable fucker at times, but Augie is the undisputed champion. :lol: :wink:

The only other angles I’ve seen it from....two aspects I think from Sky....it looked as though it was going in with the bit of bend it had on it. Thing is, Martinez had to make the save regardless.

Augie is right about the other save, which I think was low to the keeper’s left. Deflected off Luiz and while not as spectacular, it was a cracking save.

Apart from Martinez’s technical ability, I really like his calm, no nonsense character. What makes his performances even better, is the pile shit playing in front of him. They’re enough to make a cross between Banks, Shilton and Schmeichal a quivering wreck.

Leno isnt actually injured he's suffering from PTSD :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:20 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Leno isnt actually injured he's suffering from PTSD :rubchin:

:lol: :lol:

That’s actually very possible. He’s shaking in the corner reading First World War poetry.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Leno has been very good for us but if he was fit tomorrow I would play Martinez. Would send out a poor message to the side to do otherwise tbh. He has been brilliant.

Although if the clearance that Firmino blocked had gone in, we would be saying this

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Totally forgot about this knob

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 99223/amp/

‘Look, if we had got beat, I’d have accepted it. Fair enough, we’ve gone to Arsenal and we lost,’ Pennant told talkSPORT.

‘But they didn’t beat us, we handed it to them on a platter!

‘They had three shots on our goal and scored two, we had 24 attempts and scored one… I’m raging!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm

‘Look, if we had got beat, I’d have accepted it. Fair enough, we’ve gone to Arsenal and we lost,’ Pennant told talkSPORT.

‘They had three shots on our goal and scored two, we had 24 attempts and scored one… I’m raging!
A complete fucking no mark. A non entity in the world of football. And now apparently a "lifelong mouser* fan"? My bollocks. :roll:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:18 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

A complete fucking no mark. A non entity in the world of football. And now apparently a "lifelong mouser* fan"? My bollocks. :roll:
More media opportunities being a Mouser fan at the moment,saw him on goals on Sunday a year or so ago and did say he was a Liverpool fan.

Don't worry in a decades time when Stan Kroenke has bank rolled us to European and domestic domination we will have todays stars riding off the back of our glory :|

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Maybe Liverpool were wearing ankle bracelets and that slowed them down...him saying "we" is as fucking annoying as the twats here in Dublin saying it.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Loved beating them especially as they are the league winners. A bit of retribution for them beating us in '98 after we won the league. But, the game we had to win was the NLD as they are a team around the same position in the table as us. Still, it kept the scousers at work quiet for the rest of the week.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Been away this week so didn't see much of it apart from the last 20 minutes or so. I thought Sky had set up a new option "Klopp Cam" from what I did see, because rather than watch the game itself they spent more time glued to this performing seal and his series of gormless expressions on the touchline. Here's a tip Sky - none of the rest of us give two fucks if he's grinning, laughing, raising his eyebrows or open mouthed like a guppy fish at feeding time....we want to watch the game you c.unts!!

Always good to beat these fuckers.

I hope we apologised to Alexander Arnold afterwards for our players leg injuring his studs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:45 pm
Been away this week so didn't see much of it apart from the last 20 minutes or so. I thought Sky had set up a new option "Klopp Cam" from what I did see, because rather than watch the game itself they spent more time glued to this performing seal and his series of gormless expressions on the touchline. Here's a tip Sky - none of the rest of us give two fucks if he's grinning, laughing, raising his eyebrows or open mouthed like a guppy fish at feeding time....we want to watch the game you c.unts!!

Always good to beat these fuckers.

I hope we apologised to Alexander Arnold afterwards for our players leg injuring his studs
Absolutely mate. 8)