Man City ban overturned

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Man City ban overturned

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 am
Not to mention Spurs now almost certain not to be in the CL
Every cloud has a silver lining, small as it may be the squeal of anguish from the dog kennel up the way must be lovely to hear :barscarf: :barscarf:
Knowing our luck they'll be the next billionaire play thing

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I can't believe anyone actually thought this ban would be upheld. UEFA are shitting themselves at the thought of a breakaway league, and the last thing they want to do is create a precedent in which they have to punish someone like Barca or Real Madrid because they punished City.

augie

Post by augie »

And proper order that it was over-turned too 8)

If a club is not being leveraged with debt, then the owners of that club should be allowed spend whatever they want - why should citeeh be held back cos our wiggy zero ambition parasite c.unt wont spend money ? FFP rewards the likes of kroenke who for no investment of his own, would continue to see the value of his company rising as a result of keeping the status quo at the top end of the league :roll:

In an ideal world football would have a salary cap scenario like they have in the nfl where it works brilliantly - realistically, when there are so many countries involved worldwide, honest compliance with a salary cap would never happen. Even the practicalities of it couldnt work when you consider the tv deals earning power in england compared to the rest of the world. If they bring in a country by country salary cap, then the best players would all flock to the one league and clubs in countries like france and portugal would be raped

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:04 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 am
Not to mention Spurs now almost certain not to be in the CL
Every cloud has a silver lining, small as it may be the squeal of anguish from the dog kennel up the way must be lovely to hear :barscarf: :barscarf:
Knowing our luck they'll be the next billionaire play thing

I'm afraid that's exactly what I've been expecting for a while. Now the stadium is complete, they are prime for a super rich buyer to come along. If I had been Usmanov, I'd have bought the scum and eclipsed us out of sheer spite.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Money talks and fair play fuckks off up the road to infinity.

The wig wearing peado has paid off the stadium mortgage/loan because he will sell it....for avery hamsome profit...

So it'll either be a Russian olgarch, some arab neck deep in oil or a chinese electronics slave trading zillionaire.... there's a lot of them about

Maybe we could ask musk to buy us....now he IS "Rich" - Weird? Yes...but fuckin' stinko.

Either way we'll go under the hammer before the end of next season. :?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Either way we'll go under the hammer before the end of next season. :?
surely that fantastic news if it happened OBG? it wont, kroenke will linger longer than gazza is

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Never thought I would see the words Wenger, defends and perfectly in the same sentence...

... if only his team did in his last 10 years.

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/07/pep- ... -city.html

We have spent more in the last decade than we did in the past, yes, but 20, 25, 30 years ago, Arsene Wenger – the guy who defends financial fair play perfectly…

The hypocrisy of Chelsea though. No way would they do what Manchester City had done...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... load-long/

The eight clubs – and he named them, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Wolves and Burnley – who had written a joint letter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport ­opposing the prospect of City ­applying to freeze a ban prior to last month’s hearing were told to at least have the courage to air their grievances directly to City in the ­future. ​

augie

Post by augie »

There is a story in one of the papers this morning stating that NINE premier leagues have been complaining to uefa about citeeh for a long, long time and have called for them to be sanctioned and that we are the main voice in that group - that sickens me as a Gooner tbh :oops: :oops:

For starters if our club behaved like a proper big club then that would have some standing to point to how we are suffering from an uneven playing field, but fcuk me sheffield united, leicester and wolves are all ahead of us and burnley are only behind us on goal difference :oops: :oops: :oops:

Secondly, IF we feel aggrieved then be men about it and complain publicly about it instead of lurking in the shadows whispering - what we (and the other clubs) are doing is cowardly because of the way they are doing it, and it certainly doesnt stand up to the traditions of AFC as a club that does things the right way :roll:

The really comical part of the article is that it states that they are wealthy international investors that are in the ears of those clubs (including us) and pushing the idea of a 10 team european super league breakaway - does our club seriously believe that we would be one of the 10 ?? :shock: :shock: For starters there would beat least 2 spanish clubs (madrid and barca), 2 german clubs (bayern and dortmund), 1 french club (psg) and at least 1 italian club (juve) - you could certainly make an argument for ajax, athletico madrid and inter milan, but even if you left them out the other clubs would take up 6 of the 10 slots - would we expect to be one of 4 english clubs (maximum) involved ? Would our european counterparts class us as bigger than both manc clubs, the murdering victims or chavski ? I dont fcuking think so. It would be absolutely hilarious if our club pushed for the formation of a european league but then didnt make the cut :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If there ever is such a walking abortion as a European super league come into existence then I'm done with football. The European competitions as they stand are fucking shit tedious affairs. Imagine watching that gash every week? Fuck that. :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 am

The really comical part of the article is that it states that they are wealthy international investors that are in the ears of those clubs (including us) and pushing the idea of a 10 team european super league breakaway - does our club seriously believe that we would be one of the 10 ?? :shock: :shock: For starters there would beat least 2 spanish clubs (madrid and barca), 2 german clubs (bayern and dortmund), 1 french club (psg) and at least 1 italian club (juve) - you could certainly make an argument for ajax, athletico madrid and inter milan, but even if you left them out the other clubs would take up 6 of the 10 slots - would we expect to be one of 4 english clubs (maximum) involved ? Would our european counterparts class us as bigger than both manc clubs, the murdering victims or chavski ? I dont fcuking think so. It would be absolutely hilarious if our club pushed for the formation of a european league but then didnt make the cut :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Maybe it’s all part of the clubs cunning plan. Get rid of the top clubs and we can get our hands on that top 4 trophy again!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

augie wrote:

The really comical part of the article is that it states that they are wealthy international investors that are in the ears of those clubs (including us) and pushing the idea of a 10 team european super league breakaway - does our club seriously believe that we would be one of the 10 ??
Arsenal will be part of any breakaway super league due to finances. Will be more than 10 clubs in the end. Likely all the "top 6" English clubs would be in along with Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG and Juve. But I would expect a few more to be invited. Probably do away with relegation as well. Which will be necessary for Arsenal. Will be the Norwich of Europe.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:58 am
If there ever is such a walking abortion as a European super league come into existence then I'm done with football. The European competitions as they stand are fucking shit tedious affairs. Imagine watching that gash every week? Fuck that. :roll:

I would lose interest in football very quickly if it happened too - lets be real here and acknowledge that money has overtaken everything else in modern day football, but that would be 10 steps too far for me

augie

Post by augie »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 am
augie wrote:

The really comical part of the article is that it states that they are wealthy international investors that are in the ears of those clubs (including us) and pushing the idea of a 10 team european super league breakaway - does our club seriously believe that we would be one of the 10 ??
Arsenal will be part of any breakaway super league due to finances. Will be more than 10 clubs in the end. Likely all the "top 6" English clubs would be in along with Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG and Juve. But I would expect a few more to be invited. Probably do away with relegation as well. Which will be necessary for Arsenal. Will be the Norwich of Europe.

IF that ever happens newcastle will be ahead of us by then on that criteria

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

arrgee wrote:
augie wrote:

:lol:
Harsh, but sadly, very fair.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:43 am
arrgee wrote:
augie wrote:

:lol:
Harsh, but sadly, very fair.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Just NO! No No No No No No No NoWAY!

That's DISGUSTING...So STOP IT! Right NOW!

I am NOT fuckin' any of my family members for anyone.

We leave that kin dof thing to the Orcs, the filth up the road, and those Well Dodgy Rockin' Chair 6 Fingered 23 thumbed Banjo playin' fuckkers in Norfolk :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :box:

:D