Your XI which sums up the worst of the club since 2008

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Your XI which sums up the worst of the club since 2008

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Mannone

Gabriel Paulista, Squillachi Silvestre Santos

Walcott Denilson Song Gervinho

Bentdner Chamakh

Subs: Cech, Traore, Gallas, Xhaka, Giroud

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The team that lost in the 2018 League cup final. It was the worst team performance by an Arsenal team in a cup final ever. Never felt such anger towards an Arsenal team as i did on that day. No fight, no urgency, no energy to perform. Although the baku final was our worst result, at half time we were even. In 2018 we were out played. out fought and out thought almost from kick off. Utter disgrace to the club.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:24 pm
The team that lost in the 2018 League cup final. It was the worst team performance by an Arsenal team in a cup final ever. Never felt such anger towards an Arsenal team as i did on that day. No fight, no urgency, no energy to perform. Although the baku final was our worst result, at half time we were even. In 2018 we were out played. out fought and out thought almost from kick off. Utter disgrace to the club.
I was losing my shit big time that day - had my daughter with me for her first cup final :oops:

He did absolutely nothing to stop Birmingham’s tactics of playing off the big guy Zigic ? Up front - just sat there and watched with his arms folded.

I do think the players thought they just had to turn up to win ( to be fair once we equalised I thought we would win too)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:36 pm
Mannone

Gabriel Paulista, Squillachi Silvestre Santos

Walcott Denilson Song Gervinho

Bentdner Chamakh

Subs: Cech, Traore, Gallas, Xhaka, Giroud
Add sanogoals to that.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:17 pm
Nos89 wrote:
I was losing my shit big time that day - had my daughter with me for her first cup final :oops:

He did absolutely nothing to stop Birmingham’s tactics of playing off the big guy Zigic ? Up front - just sat there and watched with his arms folded.

I do think the players thought they just had to turn up to win ( to be fair once we equalised I thought we would win too)
You're talking about the 2011 League Cup final. I'm talking about the disgraceful performance against Man City. In which, they took pity on us and let us have the ball for about 10 mins.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:55 am
StuartL wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You're talking about the 2011 League Cup final. I'm talking about the disgraceful performance against Man City. In which, they took pity on us and let us have the ball for about 10 mins.
You're being generous there mate! :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:55 am
StuartL wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Yep apologies, I read league cup final, outplayed, outfought, utter disgrace and forgot there have been so many performances like that !