Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ernie71

Re: Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

Post by Ernie71 »

This game should be billed as farewell to the dross

Macey

Cedric
Sokratis
Holding
Kolasinac

Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Willock

Nelson
Nketiah

Ozil couldnt make it bad back lifting his wallet

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:49 pm
This game should be billed as farewell to the dross

Macey

Cedric
Sokratis
Holding
Kolasinac

Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Willock

Nelson
Nketiah

Ozil couldnt make it bad back lifting his wallet
Sadly from that list probably only Guendouzi will be gone. Cedric only just signed, and Xhaka is probably sucking Arteta's pipe as we speak. Willock will become the first player to make 38 subs appearances and do nothing in any of them

Might possibly get a couple of them out on loan

More likely is that we will be stuck with even more useless *word censored* once Elneny, Mavropanos, and Mkhitaryan return from loan

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stevo thought I read somewhere Mihki won't be back, can't remember where I read it though, he's on loan until the end of next season and then he's out of contract

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 am
Stevo thought I read somewhere Mihki won't be back, can't remember where I read it though, he's on loan until the end of next season and then he's out of contract
Thanks mate - that's actually brightened my day. The thought of that ManUre reject coming back and doing sweet FA again for his 180k per week was more than a man could bear !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:14 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm
We could relegate the elephant man so there’s always that I suppose.
Absolutely. Relegating the Monchichi would be enough to cause me an engorging of old pen knife. :D

:shock: :shock:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:51 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:00 pm
cardinal2011 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 pm
Am I a little bit sad in wanting to see us relegate Troy Deeney? Considering the amount of crap he has given us over the years, I know that I will have a chuckle if we relegate them.

But, as I said, I am a sad (bitter) old man!!
I'm with you on that...I'm probably old and bitter also.
Well then I'd like to welcome you both to the old bitter bastards club. :D

Listen, I'm the Chairman of the Old And Bitter Bastards Club. If anyone doubts that, perhaps we could have a poll to decide it........I always win polls.

:lol: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

attention seeking wanker Mike Dean the ref for this one....

Midz

Post by Midz »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:49 pm
The guy who has grown hairs around his mouth so he can look even more like a c_unt.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I know I run the risk of upsetting the Unai Emery fan club on here but it was actually the reverse fixture against this lot early in the season that put the final nail in his coffin as far as I was concerned.

An absolute cluster fuck of a game, up there with the Newcastle 4-4, in so far as it was like an out of body experience where you get to see yourself unknowingly step out into the path of an oncoming double decker bus and all you can do is stand there and watch, completely powerless to do anything about it.

It was around this time we insisted on playing that suicidal stuff out from the back, where two defenders would stand 5 yards either side of the keeper for every goal kick (remember that fucking shit??!!). We would then rarely manage to string 3 passes together before inevitably losing possession in dangerous areas but we kept doing it all the same.

We could easily have been a goal down early on playing that kamakazi shit before a quick fire double by Auba put us 2 up. We somehow rode the storm to half time where I thought an end would be put to the self harm, but alas no, out we came and persisted in being the masters of our own downfall by keeping to the plan.

Watford had 31 attempts at our goal that day and incredibly TWENTY TWO of those came in the second half :shock:

Pretty much one shot every 2 minutes that half the majority of which came from our own goal kicks. The game finished 2-2 and truth be told we were lucky at that, it was fucking death by hari kari and he was toast for me after that game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm
I know I run the risk of upsetting the Unai Emery fan club on here but it was actually the reverse fixture against this lot early in the season that put the final nail in his coffin as far as I was concerned.

An absolute cluster fuck of a game, up there with the Newcastle 4-4, in so far as it was like an out of body experience where you get to see yourself unknowingly step out into the path of an oncoming double decker bus and all you can do is stand there and watch, completely powerless to do anything about it.

It was around this time we insisted on playing that suicidal stuff out from the back, where two defenders would stand 5 yards either side of the keeper for every goal kick (remember that fucking shit??!!). We would then rarely manage to string 3 passes together before inevitably losing possession in dangerous areas but we kept doing it all the same.

We could easily have been a goal down early on playing that kamakazi shit before a quick fire double by Auba put us 2 up. We somehow rode the storm to half time where I thought an end would be put to the self harm, but alas no, out we came and persisted in being the masters of our own downfall by keeping to the plan.

Watford had 31 attempts at our goal that day and incredibly TWENTY TWO of those came in the second half :shock:

Pretty much one shot every 2 minutes that half the majority of which came from our own goal kicks. The game finished 2-2 and truth be told we were lucky at that, it was fucking death by hari kari and he was toast for me after that game.
Rodders you motherfucking motherfucker - I had wiped that game from my memory ffs. Seriously buddy where's the DB love? Huh? Where's the love? :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:14 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm
We could relegate the elephant man so there’s always that I suppose.
Absolutely. Relegating the Monchichi would be enough to cause me an engorging of old Megadong. :D
Please let me suck him DB please.

Jesus Christ Retro! I told you I'm flattered but I'm a happily married man. You have to stop obsessing over old GodzillaSchlong here. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Redarmy wrote:
The guy who has grown hairs around his mouth so he can look even more like a c_unt.
:lol: :lol:

Also known to rub sushi around it for that extra authenticity.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Apologies DB!

The sight of a defender at each end of the 6 yard box with the keeper standing in middle about to take the goal kick was actually something I’d wiped from my memory until I started typing that last post.

Think it was a coping mechanism my brain had implemented to avoid me going fucking insane.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 pm
Apologies DB!

The sight of a defender at each end of the 6 yard box with the keeper standing in middle about to take the goal kick was actually something I’d wiped from my memory until I started typing that last post.

Think it was a coping mechanism my brain had implemented to avoid me going fucking insane.
You know I think it was that repeated goalkick madness game after game that really finished me with Emery? It was like groundhog day. The oppo would fuck up a chance and the second the ref awarded us a goal kick I'd start to feel nauseous.... I was actually less nervous when we were facing corners! :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:55 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Redarmy wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Also known to rub sushi around it for that extra authenticity.

Yeah! Whenever the crunt sneezes it smells like Billingsgate Fish Market. :shock: