West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48658
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

hertsgunner wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:19 pm
We were poor but I will take a win over the murdering scum icf any day.
^^ This every time. 8) 8)

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by augie »

Can I say again that all the adulation at the altar of arteta is waaaay too premature, and all this crap about the attitudes and commitment being fixed with arteta is wishful thinking at best. Tonight was a lazy, arrogant, half arsed performance and the type of performance we continue to see season after season :evil:
Here's the thing though, no manager in the world will change or improve the shit that is xhaka or kolasniac, because they are dogshit players who think and act like they are world beaters, and their attitude and all round shitiness hangs over the rest of the players all the time. A good manager can look at those players and recognise that they are beyond saving, and then get them to fcuk out of the club, but it seems that arteta has an unbelievable blind spot when it comes to xhaka and we will never be the team that he and we want us to be, as long as that c.unt is still in the club

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4309
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Change the record Augie, your sycophancy for Emery seems to ignore the fact that not one single player you moan about under Arteta, the players you say Arteta is not capable of getting rid of, were gotten rid of by the ever more experienced and qualified Emery :roll:

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12836
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:43 pm
captain fantastic has been garbage too

Admittedly not his best night apart from a lovely cross to set up the first but was starved of service for the most part.

11 goals in his last 11 games in all competitions pretty much winning us the FA cup singlehandedly yet Augie has the knives out after one poor showing.

Never change you mad bastard :lol:

p.s. did you get that adidas top yet?

User avatar
Ray C
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Northbank - Tas

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by Ray C »

Very poor performance & very lucky to get any points out of this one. We'll play better and get beat so just lay back and take it . :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
BFG4
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by BFG4 »

Everything bar getting the three points last night was depressing. We were a mess defensively, and had zero creativity in midfield. I've been hugely impressed with Arteta since he took over but I think it's been forgotten that in the majority of our matches we have relied on counter attacking football, but as soon as a team stayed compact and put men behind the ball, we looked out of ideas. Fabregas left in 2011 and in the nine years since, I've lost count of the amount of games pissed away because we had zero creativity to split a defence open(though Ozil could at times). Unless we address that before the end of the window, this season will be a shitshow.

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6016
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Dreadful performance and it is stating the obvious to say Arsenal were lucky to get three points from it. However they did get three points and Arteta's delight at the end may have come from the fact that his team can and did win ugly, which in itself is a massive step up from Brighton and Villa away a few months ago.
There were worrying signs, I agree with a previous poster that Gabriel's timing of headers looks suspect. Tierney was a massive loss because along with his more obvious qualities he also brings energy and drive to the team.
Xhaka and Kolasnic are scapegoats on this forum, but not without good reason. There are three types of central midfielder, creative, energetic box to box and defensive. Xhaka is none of those three. He never will be. Kolasnic was a last minute starter, the fact he was on the bench in itself is depressing. Who in their right mind would buy either?
Leno did flap at a few and obviously in the week that Martinez departed Leno's mistakes would be highlighted. However he is as good as he was prior to his injury. Martinez is no longer an Arsenal player, a choice had to be made and if Leno had gone the scrutiny of Martinez would be as bad. There were comments about Martinez from Carabo Cup games on the forum that were not exactly ringing endorsements either.
Ceballos was my man of the match, easy choice in a poor performance.
Paranoid I know but I thought, not for the first time, the Sky commentary was poor, sensationalist and biased. For example Smudger's comment on the winning goal being borderline offside(or some such phrase) was not corrected when on the replay except to say Nkeitah knew he was onside.
The West Ham penalty claim for handball was overplayed. The ball clearly touched the sleeve, and if that is the rule it should be known by the commentators. I can't imagine if it happens with a Liverpool player today it will ge overly analysed.
A lot of people expected Arsenal to steamroll West Ham, it didn't happen but thankfully Arsenal did scrape a win. A quality that we had forgotten about at Arsenal Would a 5-0 win have set us up any better for Anfield? Maybe but there is a lot to work on , hopefully at Anfield Tierney is fit and Arteta will have realised the damage Xhaka is doing the team regardless of which goal the ball is heading towards.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:36 pm
Change the record Augie, your sycophancy for Emery seems to ignore the fact that not one single player you moan about under Arteta, the players you say Arteta is not capable of getting rid of, were gotten rid of by the ever more experienced and qualified Emery :roll:



Read my post again muzz - what I actually said is that it doesnt matter who is manager cos as long as these c.unts are still playing for the club, they will end up screwing over every manager. I'm saying that for him to be as successful as he thinks that he can be, then he needs to cut those c.unts loose. Tell me how that is having a pop at arteta ?

User avatar
Ernie71
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by Ernie71 »

The engine room of every team is the midfield. Our midfield is like a car without an engine. Xhaka and Ceballos are just not good enough. Too slow and ponderous passing the ball sideways. We need to replace them if we are going to have any chance of top 4.
There are two weeks left of the transfer window and we still havent got rid of any of the deadwood.

A11M11
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by A11M11 »

we still havent got rid of any of the deadwood.

Nobody wants them or at least they are not willing to pay for them . All Arteta can do is get the best tune out of them and suck it up until their contracts end.

User avatar
goonertux
Posts: 1080
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by goonertux »

For me, that was a bit of a wake up call to remind us that, although we had a great couple of months with the FA Cup and Charity Shield, we still have huge gaps in the squad. Kolasinac is like the 12th player for a Sunday League team who always turns up but only gets a game when a couple of your players are too hung over to turn out. Difference with Tierney is massive. Still, a wins a win, and anything that sends Stratford Olympic further down is great.

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 13372
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am
we still havent got rid of any of the deadwood.

Nobody wants them or at least they are not willing to pay for them . All Arteta can do is get the best tune out of them and suck it up until their contracts end.

Exactly, love all this he won't get rid of them,he can't get rid of them because nobody wants them at the wages their on.

In the case of Xhaka I don't see, like everyone else on here why Xhaka keeps getting picked, Wenger, Emery, Arteta and the Swiss manager(made him captain) all keep picking him

Mustafi and Kolasinac are apparently on 90000 +120grand who else in their right mind would pay these 2 those wages.

gazzatt2
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by gazzatt2 »

who from our current squad do we play instead of Xhaka ?

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6016
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by Bradywasking »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am
who from our current squad do we play instead of Xhaka ?
There are a few options , none of them world beaters but better than Xhaka..Smith Rowe, Torriera , if fit, even though he is leaving , Maitland Niles has a better attitude..

gazzatt2
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Essex

Re: West Ham dirty murdering filth H Sat 19th Sep KO 8pm

Post by gazzatt2 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:47 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am
who from our current squad do we play instead of Xhaka ?
There are a few options , none of them world beaters but better than Xhaka..Smith Rowe, Torriera , if fit, even though he is leaving , Maitland Niles has a better attitude..
Smith Rowe not ready to do a full season at this level
Torriera leaving
Maitland Niles useful squad player can play various positions his favourite is midfield - the worst position I have seen him play in
not better than Xhaka imho

Post Reply