*Red bin dipping murdering filth A Mon 28th Sept KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12836
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: *Red bin dipping murdering filth A Mon 28th Sept KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:26 pm
Augie there's no way Torreira is going to be put in the team when he's on the brink of a transfer, it just ain't gonna happen. He's 95% out the door and they're not going to run the risk of him getting injured between now and the window closing.



You reckon ? All I see is rumours of clubs wanting to loan (not buy) him



Oh Rodders - time to start checking the quality of your sources methinks :wink: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oi, he is on the verge of a transfer, a shitty loan transfer that's seeing us getting bent over a barrel for 10 of the finest. Maybe Partey will come the other way and all will be forgiven 8)

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3577
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: *Red bin dipping murdering filth A Mon 28th Sept KO 8pm

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:51 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:54 am
A few days behind but a few questions are raised for me. Why did Leno NOT come out and claim the ball that led to their decisive third goal? Luiz should not be making a clearing header from the edge of the 6 yard box, that must be the keeper's ball every time.
Interestingly, it was Xhaka who made way for Cellabos not Elneny. Has Arteta finally seen the light?
Lacazette, just put the ball in the net everytime, whether you are offside or not. He should have hit that second chance first time, but because he fannied about with it on the chance he was given offside for he hesitated. I remember Defoe saying he was getting coaching lessons from Wrighty on finishing and his goalscoring record improved. Laca give wrighty a call. They are similar in build and wrighty became our club record goalscorer in 7 seasons so he knows a thing or two.

Torreira is behind the other midfield three because he hasn't got the stamina to run for 90 minutes in the premier league. He's great for about 70 minutes but then runs out of steam. I thought he was the answer to our midfield problems but he just can't hack the intensity of the league. It is unfortunate but sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

Remember when we mocked Liverpool for getting a throw in coach? Well, can we get him in to coach our lot. THREE foul throws from Premier League players is totally and utterly unacceptable.

Tierney is a fantastic LWB please can he play there?

Apart from that, it was good to see an Arsenal team give a decent account of themselves at anfield for the first time is God knows how long. However, it cannot be underestimated just how good Liverpool played, they were back on their game. And they upped their game, because we are a tougher team to play against then we used to be. We are on the right path, and the way liverpool played against us, shows they taking us seriously. Something some Arsenal supporters haven't got on board with yet.



Buddy I respect you and your posts even though I often disagree with them, but I am seriously not having that - we were dogshi.t and created one chance in the whole game that laca fcuked up on :roll: You say that the victims played well, and I say that they played well within themselves - their full backs were not as prominent as usual, firminho was anonymous and thiago wasnt even playing. Salah had his best game in a long time, but other than that I felt that they were in 3rd or maybe 4th gear
That's the best they've played since February. Firmino was strangled for space and their wing backs didn't attack as much as normal because Klopp dropped the defensive line 15 yards back because of the speed of our counter attack. He said it himself. Their defensive line is normally
5-10 yards from the halfway line. They played that high line tonight because Auba wasn't playing. We just need some creativity on the pitch.

Post Reply