website tout prices for carling cup final

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
liam bradys left foot

website tout prices for carling cup final

Post by liam bradys left foot »

just out of interest thought i would go and have a look and see what these mugg off merchants are charging

click on the link and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor

http://www.worldticketshop.com/tickets/ ... ea-arsenal

fucking thieving bastards

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

It annoys me how these companies get their hands on so many tickets. I'm sure its illegal to re-sale tickets so why doesn't someone revoke their tickets?

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

I'm about to give them a piece of my mind... we should all take 2 mins to tell them exactly what we think of them.

[email protected]

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Wouter,

Firstly, please do not patronise me – I understand the theory of being a tout.

I haven’t actually bought a ticket from your sneaky operation. I was simply asking how you manage to get away with this nonsense. I am a true fan, and wouldn’t contribute to an operation that if extrapolated would mean the end of my club (Arsenal) as I know it.

I have a ticket myself for the final – OBTRAINED THROUGH THE CORRECT PROCEDURES.

I will be informing Arsenal Football Club to see if there is any way this action can be stopped.

Tom

Sent: 14 February 2007 11:12
To: Thomas Trewick
Subject: Re: Carling Cup
Importance: High

Dear Tom,

Why should it be illegal when there is a secundary market for tickets? Please do not make the mistake that Profit = Sell - Face Value.

We are an intermediary and not a direct selling point, which means that we buy tickets at a higher price than the original face value price mentioned on the tickets. Furthermore, the prices listed on our website are based on supply and demand and are usually above face value, as clearly mentioned in the disclaimer on the page where you purchased the tickets. Through our broad network of contacts, we are still able to obtain tickets for events that are very popular or already sold-out. Since the price we pay for the tickets is often considerably higher than the face value, our selling price is also higher. |

Moreover, our prices reflect the time and effort we put into obtaining these highly wanted tickets. The price you paid is therefore the right one. We would also like to remind you that before completing your order, you agreed to our terms and conditions. In these terms and conditions the price difference is also explained. You can find and re-read these conditions on our website.

We hope to have informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Wouter
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0) 10 - 282 1620
Fax: +31 (0) 10 - 282 1222
E-mail: [email protected]

Original Message processed by David InfoCenter

Subject: Carling Cup (14-feb-2007 11:30)

To: [email protected]

Priority: High

Can you please explain how you have the audacity to sell Carling Cup Final tickets for such an inflated price when real fans have struggled to get them?

Also, please confirm how this isn’t illegal?

Pav

Post by Pav »

Good effort mate - the tickets this bent agency has hold of are probably some of the missing 16,500 tickets not allocated to Arsenal or Chelski supporters.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

It is always the same, it is the corporate tickets that tend to get sold off on the touts sites. Pisses me off that so many corporate tickets are sold anyway, that is why the atmosphere of the finals has been gradually deminished over the years.

For this seasons FA Cup Final the two Clubs involved will be lucky to get 30,000 each because of the amount of Club Level seats that have been sold as well as the Local FA's getting their cut along with the various schools associations and Corporate guests.

The fans are becoming an irrelevance in Football i am afraid and it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

Just got this from the Football League, not the most encouraging of replies.

Dear Sirs,

Could you please explain how tickets for this season’s League Cup Final are being sold on worldticketshop.com at seriously over face value prices. I was under the impression that it was illegal to sell on tickets at more than face value for any football match.

It would be most interesting to find out exactly where these tickets have been obtained as I am sure very few true fans would sell on a ticket that they had struggled to get hold of through fair means!

It is about time the Football Authorities in this country started to clamp down on this type of profiteering, maybe giving more tickets to the actual Clubs involved in the final for the true fans of each Club rather than pandering to your many Corporate guests would be a start as I am pretty sure this is where these tickets have originated.

Over the years tremendous efforts have been made to eliminate tickets behind sold at enhanced prices. It is a requirement that a record is kept of the names and addresses of everyone purchasing a ticket, together with the ticket details. This ensures that any ticket sold at an enhanced price can be traced back and appropriate action taken. Sites sometimes claim that they have tickets even when they don't - this is their tactic to find a market.

It is however unfortunate that a minority of supporters will always be prepared to sell their tickets at inflated prices.

The Football League has always ensured that the majority of the tickets (80%) are allocated to the two finalist clubs, however, on such occasions the demand for tickets will always far exceed the supply. I have no doubt that we could fill the stadium twice over.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Patricia Brown
Customer Services
The Football League
www.football-league.co.uk

No reply to the comment of large numbers of corporate tickets though i see!!!!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

in answer to this wouter character in holland, it is in fact illegal to re-sell a ticket in this country, even at face value! glad to see that there has been some attempt by the police to arrest a few touts outside arsenal home matches this season, but the penalties for touting are pretty insignificant, so it's little deterrent to stop them returning the following match. now what i'd like to see is this. i was driving along today and spotted some flourescent jacketed blokes extracting rubbish from a bush. it was quite evident they were doing community service as punishment for some crime or other. now how about not fining the touts, but making those caught at ashburton do community service from three and three quarter hours before an arsenal home games until 15 minutes after kick off. all that's required is a bit of imagination. how about getting them to pick up litter around the stadium dressed in a dayglo outfit with 'convicted ticket tout' for their community service! they could be given 100 hours community service, covering 25 home matches - best part of a season. all it requires is a bit of imagination to address the issue really. think i might stick this idea up on the main part of the site when it's a quiet day! difficult to do anything about wouter and his like for the time being though, at least until the ticket tout law becomes european rather than just uk. when that happens, his company's bank account can be frozen for illegal activity.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

GOOD FOR CARLING

DID YOU KNOW THEY RETURNED LOADS OF THEIR CORPORATE SEATS FOR THE MATCH AND GAVE THEM TO ARSENAL

ARSENAL HAVE HANDED THEM TO THE SUPPORTERS CLUB

FAIR PLAY TO CARLING AND ARSENAL

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

The two oldest professions in the world are prostitution and.....touting!! You'll never stop either because there will always be a demand. Can you really blame some poor sod last May who took the chance of having their season ticket paid for (and a mini break in centreparcs!) this season by selling on one ticket for the Champions League Final? I wouldn't do it - but then I also wouldn't have paid £1,000+ for a ticket either! Although if they'd have come down as low as £400 then I might have been tempted away from the Parisien bars....!! The main thing is that the clubs/FA/uefa should at least limit the number by making sure that the majority go to the clubs to start with. I wonder how many of the French (and Turks the year before, and Greeks this year....) who bought tickets only did so with the aim of selling them on at a tidy profit?

Haylie

Worldticketshop rules!

Post by Haylie »

I just wanted to say that you guys are wrong about Worldticketshop
(and reselling is in fact legal).

I bought some tickets a while ago to see Arsenal playing against Inter Milan. Tickets had to be deliverd one day before the game to my hotel in the UK, but not to worry because they arrived perfectly in time and i received the greatest seats ever! I'm actually very thankfull, because of their service i had a great evening!! :lol:

please don't judge a company you never used in the past.

Greetings,
Haylie

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Well then maybe you can explain to Gooner Ed why a WPC was able to force him to give a ticket back to the Highbury Box Office that he was merely passing on at face value for a mate who couldn't attend, altho to spare his blushes she was apparently assisted by several other "large" PC's just itchin for an excuse to have him if he gave her any grief!
It was you wasn't it GE I remember the article in the Gooner some years back and I think you were the man in question, altho if memory serves it ended ok, when you went back to the BO and explained the situation, and they agreed that the bill as usual were bein knobs, and returned said ticket!

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Wouldnt worry to much about it Belfast Boy . Its the start of the season again and all of a suddent this appears joins up just to tell us of this company and how good there were :lol:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

yeah well everybody on here should remember that this place is in itself is a good place to get tickets, all at face value of course, which means we help each other out and at the same time make life harder for the parasitic lowlife touts!

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Belfast Boy"yeah well everybody on here should remember that this place is in itself is a good place to get tickets, all at face value of course, which means we help each other out and at the same time make life harder for the parasitic lowlife touts!

Here Here !