Bergkamp's testimonial

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Von Smalls

Bergkamp's testimonial

Post by Von Smalls »

Well at the moment it looks as if red members are going to be screwed again.

On the main website there is no tickets available to red members yet.

I missed Keown's testimonial due to illness and now it looks like I won't be able to see another legends send off.

All this after I was expecting to be a silver member this year.

Ticket allocation for these sort of games I think should be split equally. :x

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

They might just go to Reds. This much is VERY early in July and hence many Gold members are likely to be on holiday.

I am on a hen weekend :cry: and am a Gold member.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

red member? chances zilch

Post by gooner.ed »

as this is the opener at the new ground, i can't see many gold members not going, and there are enough silver members to fill the seats they don't take up. if they are not on holiday, my guess is that everyone who can go will, if only out of curiosity to see a game in new surroundings.

what the club should do is have maybe 1,000 - 1,500 seats exclusively for red members for every grade B match, and offer them on a otational basis so every red member can get to see at least a game a season as they very rarely fail to sell out to silver members at the moment.

i'm going to suggest this to aisa and someone on the supporters forum and maybe the club could instigate this for 2007-08

BourneGooner

Post by BourneGooner »

How about asking someone from AISA to talk to Arsenal about gold members being able to keep their silver memberships and buying tickets with both memberships

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Typical Arsenal

Post by gooner.ed »

I'd heard of one instance of this, but I guess it's commonplace.

Obviously out of order. The club's inability to do anything involving computer software is legendary. How hard would it have been to take the membership numbers off the silver list?

So fair enough, will add this to the list for AISA/forum.

Doubtless the club will say it's too hard to do anything about it this season, but how difficult is it to just cancel the silver memberships? Then again, they'd have to refund the £20 or whatever it costs now, so don't hold your breath.

Henry4BahraiN

Post by Henry4BahraiN »

Hi Guys ..

i am looking for 4 tickets for Bergy Testimonial match against the dutch side Ajax ..

and i heard you cannot buy ticket if you aint member at Arsenal ..

Please if anyone have informations replay me tell how can i buy or how can i find 4 tickets ..

hiya ..

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

I'm afraid it is sold out mate.

Henry4BahraiN

Post by Henry4BahraiN »

you cannot also buy tickets from the black market guys ?

gooner.ed
Site Admin

touts

Post by gooner.ed »

you cannot also buy tickets from the black market guys ?

it's going to be interesting to see what the touts do. but as every ticket sold is to a member and your membership card is swiped to get you in, then it will be very difficult to get in without a membership card now unless you buy a ticket in the away section (and i am not sure tickets have been sold to ajax fans in this way).

maybe the touts will have membership cards that they will say they have lost after every match and incorporate the £50 (or is it £70) to replace it into the cost of the tout tickets. that they have contacts inside the box office may also help in thsi regard and they just keep getting new cards for nothing.

let's see how many touts are working over the first few games and see how they get round the membership card system.

Von Smalls

Post by Von Smalls »

With regards to the new ticket system the cards could be copied and scaned in the same way credit cards are.

There is no such thing as 100% security.

Henry4BahraiN

Post by Henry4BahraiN »

Thnx Mr. gooner.ed for the infos

anyway i am very sad cuz i cannot go to the match .. and also i am very very upset cuz tell now i don't have any tv channel will show the match live for our first game at our wonderfull stadium ..

i wish to all fans who got's tickets ejoying there and screaming for Bergkamp .. HE IS THE LEGEND OF No: 10

BourneGooner

Re: Typical Arsenal

Post by BourneGooner »

gooner.ed wrote: Doubtless the club will say it's too hard to do anything about it this season, but how difficult is it to just cancel the silver memberships? Then again, they'd have to refund the £20 or whatever it costs now, so don't hold your breath.
What is the point of paying thirty pound to be a member if you do not have the chance to buy tickets for certain games coz a gold member has taken the p1ss and brought two tickets so his / her non-member friend /relative can go to a game , if Arsenal are trying to lose members they are going the right way about it

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Gutted to be missing this match. Everyone give him a cheer from me please :D

gooner.ed
Site Admin

bad news folks

Post by gooner.ed »

What is the point of paying thirty pound to be a member if you do not have the chance to buy tickets for certain games coz a gold member has taken the p1ss and brought two tickets so his / her non-member friend /relative can go to a game , if Arsenal are trying to lose members they are going the right way about it

Seems that the maintenance of the silver memberships for those who have been promoted from season ticket waiting to list to gold members (granted two different lists but even so) is a deliberate money making policy on the part of the club.

The only fair way of doing this is for the club to first offer every gold member the option of a silver membership for say £15 a year on the understanding that this is so they can become ordinary silver members if they have to give up season tickets in the future - but that whilst they have season tickets (and are gold members) they cannot buy tickets with said silver memberships - let's call them grey members.

as it stands it isn't fair because (most important) red members are still way way back in the queue - too far, some silver members who are not also gold members can miss out on tickets because of gold members getting access on both gold membership (season ticket) and silver (for a mate) and long term gold members have to go to the back of the queue if they give up their season tickets, unlike the new lot.

Arsenal have got to sort this out in a fair and equitable manner. I'm going to write to Keith Edelman about this. I'll let you know how I get on (just give me a fortnight ok - i'm snowed under at the mo) :(

BourneGooner

Post by BourneGooner »

I just think when you have been a red member for five years you should automatically be upgraded to a silver member , at the moment you could be on the red membership for 5 to 10 years and someone who has just joined has the same benifits .