WOULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO WIN A TROPHY?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

YES (BECAUSE I'M ON DAY RELEASE FROM F BLOCK)
No votes
NO - DON'T BE SO SILLY
100%

Total votes: 30

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

GUYS,

I THINK I HEARD THE MOST SHOCKING THING EVER TODAY FROM ONE OF MY VERY BEST MATES AND AN ARSENAL SUPPORTER TO BOOT. NOW THIS 'FRIEND' MADE THE STATEMENT THAT HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE SPURS WIN THE EUFA CUP!! AND HE WASN'T JOKING, STONED OR PISSED!! :shock: :? :oops: HE GENUINELY MEANT IT. :oops: :roll:

NOW AFTER PICKING MYSELF UP OFF THE FLOOR, I GAVE HIM A MOUTH FULL OF ABUSE AND QUESTIONED HIS SANITY AS WELL AS HIS ALLEGIANCE. IN HIS DEFENCE HE CLAIMED THAT HE WOULD RATHER SEE AN ENGLISH TEAM WIN IT THAN A FOREIGN ONE. I, IN TURN, TOLD HIM I'D RATHER SEE AN OSAMA BIN LADEN XI WIN A TROPHY BEFORE THE SPUDS, AND HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY. :oops: :roll:

ANYWAY, I TOLD HIM TO ASK ANY OF HIS OTHER GOONER PALS WHETHER THEY AGREED WITH HIM AND GUARANTEED HIM THE ANSWER HE WOULD GET WAS FUCK OFF, DON'T BE SO STUPID!!

SO, ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER, I TOLD HIM I
WOULD THROW IT OUT TO YOU GUYS: SO, WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER SUPPORTING THE SPUDS IN CIRCUMSTANCES THAT DIDN'T MEAN A VICTORY FOR THEM WOULD BENEFIT ARSENAL - I.E. THE SCENERIO IN 1999 WHEN WE NEEDED SPURS TO BEAT MAN UTD IN THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON FOR US TO WIN THE TITLE?

ASIDE FROM THAT SCENERIO, I COULD NEVER IMAGINE WANTING SPURS TO WIN ANY GAME - LET ALONE A CUP!! ANYWAY, I'VE TOLD MY MATE I WOULD CONDUCT A POLL AND BET HIM HIS POSITION WOULD FIND LITTLE, IF ANY, SUPPORT. SO, WOULD YOU? :shock: :? :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

It seems your friend is a patriot :roll: You know what I voted for :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I am happy for Spurs to win a game, if that victory means Arsenal win a trophy.

i.e. if it is the last league game of season, Arsenal are 3 points behind Man Utd, and we win our game.

We go level on points, but Man Utd have a superior goal difference by 1 goal, but we have scored 1 more goal than them.

Spurs are playign Man Man Utd for that last game.

So if Spurs beat them 1-0 the goal difference evens out...but as we have scored 1 more goal than Man Utd we win the league.

I would be cheering Spurs right up to the final whistle, but not a nanosecond beyond it!

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

QuartzGooner wrote:I am happy for Spurs to win a game, if that victory means Arsenal win a trophy.

i.e. if it is the last league game of season, Arsenal are 3 points behind Man Utd, and we win our game.

We go level on points, but Man Utd have a superior goal difference by 1 goal, but we have scored 1 more goal than them.

So if Spurs beat them 1-0 the goal difference evens out...but as we have scored 1 more goal than Man Utd we win the league.

I would be cheering Spurs right up to the final whistle, but not a nanosecond beyond it!
Now that is what I call common sence :D

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

QuartzGooner wrote:I am happy for Spurs to win a game, if that victory means Arsenal win a trophy.

:? :? :?

SO BASICALLY, ONLY IN THE SCENERIO I HAD ALREADY PORTRAYED IN MY PREVIOUS POST, YEAH? :? SO WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THAT?!! :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:

:? :? :?

SO BASICALLY, ONLY IN THE SCENERIO I HAD ALREADY PORTRAYED IN MY PREVIOUS POST, YEAH? :? SO WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY THAT?!! :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol: :wink:
Some people like to be more professional and specific :lol: 8)

lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

Never. Ever.

Win a trophy he said! Not win a match just to win us a trophy!

I'm off to wash my hands. Urgh.

REB

Post by REB »

good god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,, dont even want the cnuts to win a game nevermind a final :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

I think its fair to say 99.9999% of gooners would not want spuds to win jack shit unless it benefits the arsenal in some way .

my question is :

If Spurs winning the Uefa Cup meant you get to spend 1 night with the women ( or man for some of you :lol: ) of your dreams with no consequences from your siginificant other . would you ?

I WOULD CHEER THOSE CRUNTS AT SHITEHART FOR 1 NIGHT WITH NATALIE PORTMAN FOR SURE .

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

WOULD YOU EVER WANT SPURS TO WIN A TROPHY
DO I FUCK!!!!!!

wouldnt hear the fuckin end of it.....COME ON YOU SLAVIA.....p.s. jonathan woodgates a tramp :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

WengerKnows wrote:I think its fair to say 99.9999% of gooners would not want spuds to win jack shit unless it benefits the arsenal in some way .

my question is :

If Spurs winning the Uefa Cup meant you get to spend 1 night with the women ( or man for some of you :lol: ) of your dreams with no consequences from your siginificant other . would you ?

I WOULD CHEER THOSE CRUNTS AT SHITEHART FOR 1 NIGHT WITH NATALIE PORTMAN FOR SURE .
Exchange Natalie Portman for Kate Beckinsale and I could live with it. Exchange her for Richard Beckinsale and I'd throw up :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:shock:

No.

Not even if it meant Natalie Portman, J-Lo, 1970's era Bo Derek and Britney (at her best - not now the mad cow) all giving me a full Thai body massage (with extras :wink: ) after they had let me film them pleasuring each other... 8)

Again; no. Never. I couldn't even cheer them on in 1999; I kept hoping manure would lose, NOT that the spuds would win!! :roll: :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

We all hate that greedy little crunt Cashley but does any Gooner want to see him on the losing side on sunday? No
I want Chelski to whip them 4-0

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I was just agreeing with you "I Hate Hleb"! I just wrote my thoughts out in a different way, not trying to tred on your toes!

There is another thing though.

Are Spurs really the most disliked club for Arsenal fans?

I mean, there's times when I dislike Man Utd, West Ham and Chelsea more.

Man Utd are just so arrogant. There is no respect from them, which is wrong.
At least with Liverpool, for all the rivalry, there seems to be some mutual respect between supporters that each other's club has played a significant role in the history of the game, and has won trophies in style.

West Ham seem to have this hatred for us, based on them seeing us as their "local rivals". They seem to think they are somehow on a par with us.
I have never undertaood this because they have never even won the league!!!

As for Chelsea, they are no way near our status as a club. Richer, but that's it. What riles me about them is the arrogance of thier supporters. Ungracious. They should remember that five years ago they were about two days from going bust!

Spurs dislike us for sure. But some of their fans, over the last 10 years, have accepted they are an inferior side and have even acknowledged that we play better football. Some of course hate us with intense bile, but iwe don't exactly love them!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

QuartzGooner wrote:..Are Spurs really the most disliked club for Arsenal fans?...
ALTHOUGH THEY ARE JUST OUR NEIGHBOURS AND NOT REALLY OUR RIVALS LIKE MAN UTD, LIVERPOOL OR CHELSEA, FOR THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF GOONERS THE ANSWER IS YES. :lol: :wink: