What the f*cking hell was that?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northerngooner

What the f*cking hell was that?

Post by northerngooner »

Can someone please tell me what I have just sat through for the last 2 hours?

I honestly thought Saturday was bad enough but to see such a lifeless, unwilling performance as that is unbelievable.

Passing............Piss poor
Movement........Non existent
Effort...............Questionable

Apart from a couple of wayward shots, where the hell was TH? Everytime he received the ball he conspired to lose the damn thing immediately. Cesc was poor and Gilberto was worse.

Maybe it is about time TH was stripped of the captaincy and allowed to concentrate on his own game for a while because his body language on that pitch tonight seemed to do nothing but drag everybody else down with him. There was not one leader out there tonight.

It looked to me as if they were going through the motions, it looked more like a training match than a Champions League tie.

They have allowed an average team to grab a lead and in two weeks time we will all be sitting there at the Grove watching them try and break down an 11 man defence with the added problem that Farfan and Kluivert will be fit!

Mr Wenger you need to have major words with the so called strongest 11 we have becasue they have let everyone involved with the Club down, we have seen the lesser players battle for every ball time and again this season only for our established players to bugger things up.

Rant over...................for now.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Please do not panic. Yes, we did serve up a big pile of dog shit for the travelling gooners which aint so good but we are only one down. The boys are starting to get used to going a goal down before they get angry and go for it which is not healthy. We have to stay together as a group of fans for a v busy four week period.
Always keep the faith.
Bring on the Plastic champs Chavski

AFC
C'mon

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Haven't seen the game, was it that bad? I hope it's just a gut reaction. Cannot say that we are out of the tie by anymeans. A 2-0 win is very possible at home. We should have nothing but faith in this team because if we stay behind them they can achieve great things I'm sure.
C'mon Arsenal. Bring on the Chavs!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

....and some of you wanted TH to play on Sunday?!? PSV looked scared of us in the 1st half, but maybe that was just part of their plan? 1-0 is just about the worst possible result for an away leg (apart from 2-0, 3-0....) - esp when they go 1-0 up (who doesn't!) at the Grove leaving us needing 3! Anyway, thats just getting it out of my system for the forum. I'll still go into work tomorrow saying it'll be a breeze, Athens here we come and bring on Chavski!!!

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

Nope, I've not seen the game either. I haven't got ITV4 so my TV has been off all evening. Of course we would have had a 50/50 chance of being shown live on ITV1 if Liverpool or Chelsea were the other English club playing tonight but unfortunately we didn't stand a chance against their favourites.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Spot on Norther Gooner, last nights performance was very lackluster and TH14 seemed to give the ball away on so many occasions. Ade seemed the only one willing to chase everything. I do hope that we can turn this result around back at the Grove, but it sure as hell aint gonna be easy. At least on Sunday the kids will show more passion and desire to win.

stearmaster

poor

Post by stearmaster »

p!55 poor, first half looked preomising but then we didnt turn up for the2nd half....where we usuly do better....newasy dont lose faith, we get good when we r a goal down at the grove and we will start a goal down so they know they gotta play, plus im there and we dont lose (not that we have lost at home this season) but i was there 3-1 v spuds, 3-1 hamburg, and plenty more the bad news is i was there to see that sack of cack on saturady v bburn:(.

neway im offto work now late enuff as it is lol....chat to u all later

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I'm with northerngooner too. Very, very disappointing. Tactically outmanouvered in the way we are frequently at the Grove. Arsene needs to find the answer quickly. We are only one down, fortunately but Arsenal just lost their way last night.

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

There is SOME good news from last night. Apparently Gary Neville was struck by an object thrown from the crowd in Lille.[/i]

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

ONE CHANCE IN 90 MINS-SENDEROS,GILBERTO HELB AND HENRY WERE AWFUL. WHY DO WE PLAY ONE OF THE WORLDS BEST CENTRE HALVES AT RIGHT BACK-WHAT A WASTE.PUT FLAMINI AT RIGHT BACK AND PLAY GALLAS WITH TOURE. AND DROP SENDEROS
THE SECOND LEG IS GOING TO BE REALLY TOUGH BECAUSE THIS PSV TEAM CAN REALLY DEFEND AND HAVE A VERY GOOD KEEPER.
LAST SEASON WE WERE KNOCKED OUT OF THE FA CUP EARLY AND DIDNT HAVE A CARLING CUP FINAL TO PLAY SO WE COULD CONCENTRATE ON EUROPE.ARE WE GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPETE ON FOUR FRONTS? LAST NIGHT WE LOOKED A VERY TIRED TEAM.

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

Yeah agree with donaldo, the team looked knackered last night but PSV were just as shite as us, just abit luckier so we can definately have em at the Grove. Thought Rosicky was looking good whenever he had the ball, just a shame that noone else could be arsed to run for him. next leg really shouldent be a problem especially with gallas and toure at the back and if Titi doesnt have such a petulant game