Replacing Thierry Henry as Captain!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

If you could choose the skipper, who would it be?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Theirry Henry
No votes
Gilberto
28%
Kolo Toure
36%
Kolo Toure
36%

Total votes: 25

northerngooner

Replacing Thierry Henry as Captain!

Post by northerngooner »

It seems as though there is a groing concern over the lack of leadership skills TH brings the team on the pitch especially with his head shaking antics and overall lethargic manner.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Henry's a flair player who shouldn't be thinking about anything else than how to beat his man and score goals, leave the on-field tactics/team talks to Gilberto. I've always thought it's better to have a Defender or deep Midfielder as Captain, he can see the overall game and very rarely will have his back to play. Just let the Flair players win the game and leave the nitty-gritty aspect to others. A bit like Freddy Flintoff for Englands' Cricket team.

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Henry is in my opinion the greatest player we've ever had, but i've never agreed with him being our Captain.

I believe the the captain should come from the back, like in central defence (e.g Tony Adams). Therefore my vote goes to Kolo Toure.

This man is truly amazing, always giving 100% and nothing less, plays his heart out, you see him encouraging others around him, Kolo is simply made for the job. Whenever we are losing, he is the player who never stops believing and he always tries to drive the team forward with his bursts from the back. I honestly think that he will be at Arsenal for life,and most all the fans all love him too. I reckon that Wenger is waiting for to give Kolo the captaincy, he's just letting him gain that bit more experience and by the time he's 27 he will be our skipper until he retires (just like TA).

Just ask yourself one question: Out of the 3 players listed in the vote, who would you least like to leave? I know what my answer is. KOLO TOURE!

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Agree with Toure for captain in an ideal world but what would stripping TH of the captaincy do. Would Henry see out his career with that 'lack of respect' TH hasn't been at his best but still has a lot to offer the team on and off the field, Theo needs to be made into the finished article and Thierry can help with this alot.
Henry to be skipper until he decides his time is up and then it has to be King Kolo.