Less abuse, more substance...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

how refreshing well said DB10 just wished other people where on the same wavelength as yourself!

Matt M

Post by Matt M »

I'm just happy in the knowledge that when I disagree with someone, I know they're wrong and I'm right :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Matt M wrote:I'm just happy in the knowledge that when I disagree with someone, I know they're wrong and I'm right :wink:
You're wrong, Matt. :wink: :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I have been enjoying myself on the official site for the last year or so.
It ain't bad. You have a nice bit of banter with fellow Gooners.

Big problem is that the moderators don't actually want you to have an opinion of your own. Or say anything which might be construed as racist, sexist, ageist, heightist, or any other kind of ist.

On THIS site we are being given freedom of expression, swearwords included.

For fucks sake....don't start whingeing about arguments between fellow posters.

This is called a Forum for a reason. It's an exchange of opinions. If some people get a bit personal, and other people get personal back? So fucking what?!

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

I have to admit, I signed up as a girl on the official site one night when I was drunk to see how much I could get away with before they banned me :lol:

You'd be surprised by the power of boobs, even on an internet forum.

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

Oh and I wasn't being a crunt, I was just being "disagreeable"

OT02

Post by OT02 »

Good points :)

But mine still is, and always will be bigger than yours.
NBM wrote:Great point well made, although mine is bigger than yours :wink:
And yours.

PUT TOGETHER :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

northbankbren

Re: Less abuse, more substance...

Post by northbankbren »

DB10GOONER wrote:Shit pun huh?? :wink: :roll: :P

Anyway, onto the gist of this post;

Recently, I've noticed that the mood (vibe, buzz - call it whatever you like) on this forum has changed, and not for the better. There seems to be alot more abuse being levelled at fellow Gooners just because they have a different opinion about something. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular here but recent posts have left me worried that this forum might start to lose it's appeal.

Now, one of the things that first attracted me to (and kept me on) this forum is that everybody felt free to give their opinion without being abused or ridiculed for it. Other forums are just slanging shops and that shit just gets boring very quickly, trust me. Then you have the other extreme, the official Arsenal forum, where you are banned on the whim of a mod because they don't like your opinion or you (God forbid) say something a bit negative about the club.

I always thught of the Gooner forum as the happy medium, somewhere in between the pointless abuse-laden forums and the censored official forum. We get away with a hell of alot on this forum to be honest. Gooner Ed and the Mods do a sterling job ensuring we have the freedom of speech to say what we want on whatever subject we want, but also keeping the ugly faces of racism and homophobia at bay. We were very nearly closed down recently because of that freedom of speech.

So let's not turn this into a stupid "my dick is bigger than your dick" forum or a "you are a prick because you don't agree with me" forum, huh? Let's keep the banter, the laughs, the interesting football debates and the funny stories but let's lose the abusive posts. We are all Gooners, we all love the same club and we are all entitled to our opinion.

Sermon over - and apologies for the length of the above, I just felt it had to be said.
I agree with you 100% DB10

But one thing I do have to say is that the arguments on the forum are mostly over not being able to tell the difference between taking the piss and being serious. Also to much PC behavior, especially when jokes are concerned.

WEIRD MEMBERS :shock: also.

I added a very non pc joke(ITS A JOKE :!: :!: :!: ) on forum (which i later learned had alredy been posted) it had recieved a lot of criticism on the first post and was removed by author. I posted it as "ANOTHER TASTLESS JOKE".
By the title of this thread it is clear what you should expect, yet i got a few negative responses and the thread was removed.

WHY DID THOSE WHO DIDNT WANT TO HERE A TASTELESS JOKE CLICK ONTO THE TASTELESS JOKE THREAD??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :?:

Rant over.....POINT IS

People take it banter to serious......

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!!!

Hagbard 23

Re: Less abuse, more substance...

Post by Hagbard 23 »

northbankbren wrote: I agree with you 100% DB10...

...CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!!!
I disagree with you 100% DB10 & nbb...

MOAR ABUSE, LESS SUBSTANCE PLZ ! Image

lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

Good point about the abuse. I think we need to talk about the Arsenal more, and less about the people we don't like. In summary then, more Arse and less C**t.

:lol:

Btw Hagbard, I am almost certain TH14 is saying "It's enough?".

That has been bothering me for ages.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Stealing a few lines from the legendary Brian Clough, if i had an argument with a member, we would sit down for twenty minutes, talk about it and then decide i was right.

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end)

Post by Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) »

The thing that bugs me is not so much the banter but calling people not proper gooners and saying they should be banned.

For example Bring Back Pires' comments after the Chavs game about sacking le boss. I am completly against this point of view, he is wrong and I posted 10 odd times disagreeing but why ban him, why say he does not support the club?

It does also slightly bug me when a proper thread gets turned into a slagging match, completly unrelated to the origional thread....anywho, hope we all cheered up after the weekend, another riviting england game helped me?

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) wrote:The thing that bugs me is not so much the banter but calling people not proper gooners and saying they should be banned.

For example Bring Back Pires' comments after the Chavs game about sacking le boss. I am completly against this point of view, he is wrong and I posted 10 odd times disagreeing but why ban him, why say he does not support the club?

It does also slightly bug me when a proper thread gets turned into a slagging match, completly unrelated to the origional thread....anywho, hope we all cheered up after the weekend, another riviting england game helped me?
I understand that this reference is towards me, well let me enlighten you as I already have with others:

So you think me using “proper Goonersâ€

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end)

Post by Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) »

Having a bad day Khalid?

Is not aimed at you at all (although I have looked and don't think your new forum is as good as this one lol).

The comment is aimed at the people who on sat were saying BBP was not a proper gooner and should be banned because he though AW should be sacked. My point is he is wrong and a bit soppy for suggetsing it but it sparked a debate and we discussed. It was one of the best debates for a while. But beciase he said something that 90% of forum users disagreed with does not mean he is not a proper gooner or should be banned.

You are welcome with your forum, if it is any good people will use it, if it is not then they won't that is why this one is so well used!

Now cheer up and don't get so upset.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

As usual DB10 wise words and common sense. 8)

Ban him :!: :twisted: