Who would you want to sign the most for Arsenal?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you sign this summer?

Richards
10%
Villa
25%
Quaresma
13%
Ribery
23%
Given
4%
Berbatov
12%
Benzema
8%
Ben Arfa
No votes
Dunne
6%

Total votes: 52

aw

Post by aw »

Ribery and Eto (not on the list) and Buffon (not on the list).

Keep Flamini, Gilberto and Rosicky.

Sell Eboue.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Why am I not on the list. I want Arsenal to sign me the most this summer. 8)

West Ham want to sign Khalid and Karel. Apparently they're very good up the back....erm....I mean.....at the back :lol: :lol:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

I'll notify them of you. How tall are Khalid and Karel? :lol:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

It's so quiet at the lane wrote:I'll notify them of you. How tall are Khalid and Karel? :lol:
In what department exactly? :lol:

Justin-the-Gooner

Post by Justin-the-Gooner »

Villa a proven goalscorer but we need someone to tighten up the defence aswell.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I've lost all rspect for Ribery. He could have gone to more or less any club he wanted last summer but quite obviously went to where he was offred the most money...or could it be another reason he picked Bundesliga over La Liga, Premiership or at least serie A?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Would like to see Marquez at Arsenal in defence.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Villa or Benzema, voted for the former though. He wants to come, he is quality and has some experience under his belt 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MARQUEZ STRUGGLES TO GET INTO A DODGY BARCELONA DEFENCE. CAN'T SEE HIM BEING DEFENSIVELY GOOD ENOUGH OR PHYSICALLY STRONG ENOUGH FOR THE PREMIERSHIP - CERTAINLY NOT FOR US ANYWAY. :lol: :wink:

Calo

Post by Calo »

i would like to see

1 Seb Frey

2 Sagna
3 Clichy
5 Nesta
6 Mexes

7 Walcott
4 Flamini ( :x ) so hes goin instead Gutuso
10 Fabergas
11 Quaresma

9 Villa

10 RVP

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think Marquez can be strengthened and toughened up by our fitness staff. Just like the way he attacks the ball and is comfortable in possesion.

Mexes seems otobe a popular choice here but whenever I have seen him he struglles with fast attackers.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE BECAUSE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THE SAME THING APPLIES TO MEXES AS DOES TO MARQUEZ. PLUS I THINK HE IS TOO SMALL FOR THE PREMIERSHIP. :lol: :wink:
Last edited by I Hate Hleb on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

QuartzGooner wrote:I think Marquez can be strengthened and toughened up by our fitness staff. Just like the way he attacks the ball and is comfortable in possesion.
Are you joking? They'll do to him what they've done to Van Persie and Rosicky :lol: It'll be double the troubles though because he is older and already has injury problems :roll:

I've always liked Marquez, he's good at bringing the ball out and leading the defence but I am afraid he'd just like Gallas and Toure. Good in attacking but woeful in air at times.
Last edited by Red Gunner on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

There is a difference between Van Persie and Rosicky's fitness woes and toughening up.

Van P has been "unlucky". Last season he caught his foot celebrating a goal and injured a metatarsal, then this season he ruptured knee ligaments in his knee, it got caught in a bad position under his torso whilst playing for The Netherlands.

Not anything to do with building up his strength at Arsenal...positive example of which is last season's beanpole Adebayor having a lot more upper body strength this season.

Rosicky is a mystery to be honest. Talk of muscle inbalance is unclear...I believe though that he had this problem before he came to us but it had cleared up.

[/quote]

augie

Post by augie »

van persie has spent a shit load of time injured for the last 3 seasons and not just this season. As a player I rate him highly but you cannot pretend that his woeful injury record is just bad luck when it is going on this long :roll: