Who would you want to sign the most for Arsenal?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you sign this summer?

Richards
10%
Villa
25%
Quaresma
13%
Ribery
23%
Given
4%
Berbatov
12%
Benzema
8%
Ben Arfa
No votes
Dunne
6%

Total votes: 52

Sutch

Who would you want to sign the most for Arsenal?

Post by Sutch »

My first thread in ages so: Which one of these would you most want to sign in the summer?
For me would be Villa all the way.

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

In all honesty I don't know enough about some of the other players listed, I do agree however we do need a proven goalscorer - so maybe Villa could be the man.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Dunne, experienced, strong and fairly cheap defender

REB

Post by REB »

LETS GET THE DEFENCE SORTED FIRST,,
AT TIME OF WRITING WE ARE THE SECOND HIGHEST SCORERS IN THE LEAGUE SO SCORING GOALS ISNT THE MAIN PROBLEM,,
SAYING THAT I WOULD STILL LIKE A
STRONG KEEPER
COMMANDING CENTRE HALF
PROPER WINGER
AND TOP CLASS STRIKER LIKE DAVID VILLA

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

A left-footed winger would be ideal, as Rosicky is right-footed and Diaby is a Central Player.

Also rebel mate, IHH will be onto you for caps :lol: .

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

ribery

if you watch him in bundesliga he is probably the best winger in the world apart from poofy boy ronaldo

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

Ribery could be available, I'm sure he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career playing in Germany.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

na mate hell cost about 25+ now and theres no way wenger will pay that,last summer was our only real chance :wink:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

I know we do need better players in key positions but can we be a bit more realistic about certain suggestions?

Ribery is not going to be available, he only just signed for Bayern at the start of this season, currently they sit 10 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga and are tearing it up in the UEFA cup. By the end of this season he'll have a title medal and champions league football. They will not sell and he will not want to leave.

Well not after one year anyway.

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

Ahh very true, I guess I should edit my last post to say he could be available to a club willing to pay 25m, i.e Chelski, Manure or the Scousers.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

there really is no point guessing is there :cry: were just gonna get some unheard of bosnian 9 year old :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Its nigh on impossible to answer this poll for me - in my opinion we need at least 3 new quality signings (a keeper,winger and striker) so how can I narrow it in on just 1 ?

If villa was available and we are prepared to go the distance on it then I think we would be stupid to turn down the chance at signing one of europes top top strikers. I have beaten the drum for queresma as a quality signing for 12 months now so he would also be high on my list. However a top top keeper would probably just about be my priority. The only keeper listed in the options was given who I would be happy with but I would probably prefer frey or buffon - I dont know if buffon would be a realistic target but fuck it we should at least try and entice him especially as he has never played outside italy and might be interested in a new challenge 8) Have to say though that it is more likely that we will spout the usual clubline stating that no top quality players are available and that we are happy with almunia in goal :roll: :oops:

26may1989

Post by 26may1989 »

Pretty much agree with augie: we need to spend in a few areas, but left-mid probably shades it, and Quaresma is probably the best option out there.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Ribery might be available. I'd love to be wrong, and Ribery is a bit of a wanderer, but I can't see any reason to think he's going to leave the rejuvenated Bayern, who could be a real threat in the CL next year. And I don't see the point of including Berbatov on the list - selling him to us would be more than Daniel Levy's life is worth.

If, as seems likely, we're going to buy a centre back, I would have thought Lucio should be on the list - he definitely does want to leave Bayern, and would be perfect for us, even if 29 is on the old side.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I would like Berbatov just to piss off the spuds :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

If I could pick one of those, and not worry about availablility/ price etc. I'd have Ribery.