Arsene Must keep Cesc Happy.....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fridge

Arsene Must keep Cesc Happy.....

Post by fridge »

Think about it, the team has been built around Fabregas for the last 3 years, and Arsenal Have won nothing.

Fabregas must look at the squad and each year experienced players leave and young players arrive.(Young players with potential).

Fabregas is a one off, he has fitted in and looks a player ten years his age, not many players have been able to do it, only your Rooneys, Messi's etc.

My point is this, Fabregas IS the young talent in midfield, he should be paired with a world class player, not somebody with potential, dont get me wrong, Wenger got lucky with Flamini this year, and I for one don't blame Flamini for leaving if he does, people seem to forget Arsenal were not clambering to give him a new contract at the end of last season, so why should he show allegance to Arsenal? Any way is digress, we cannot afford to gamble with players such as Diaby or Denilson, because mainly if they fail so does Arsenal and another season lost!!

Fabregas will sure as eggs are eggs grow discontented and leave, mark my words!!

I know i keep banging on about spending money, but we are supposed to be in the top 10 (maybe 5 i'm not sure) money making clubs in the world. It's about time we started acting like one.

Magic Merse
Location: Stanford-le-hope, home of the world famous Dougie from McFly

Post by Magic Merse »

Well i wouldn't say the team has been buit around him for the last 3 years. This season yes, but not for the previous two. But yes i agree with you, if flamini goes we need to get some real class in there, a proven track record. I wonder if Viera fancys another year here. lol.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Is it any coincidence that Cesc has scored 13 goals this season his best ever with the Flamster playing with him.They work well as a partnership.As the original post says will Cesc be happy with Flamimi leaving.Cesc is by far our best player.We dont want to give him any reason to think of leaving himself.Because mark my word the vultures from Madrid and Barca will be circling while Cesc is with the Spanish team in Euro 2008

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I agree Donaldo its gonna be a nervy summer. First it was Vieira leaving every summer, then Henry, now Fabregas. When are we gonna have a summer that we get excited about? I can see the back headlines of every tabloid now FABREGAS TO MADRID

Magic Merse

Post by Magic Merse »

flash gunner wrote:I agree Donaldo its gonna be a nervy summer. First it was Vieira leaving every summer, then Henry, now Fabregas. When are we gonna have a summer that we get excited about? I can see the back headlines of every tabloid now FABREGAS TO MADRID
I think that is one of the headlines we wont see. Fab is a barc boy born and bred so i have massive reservations over whether he would go to real.

augie

Post by augie »

I have little problem with flamini leaving except it yet again shows our inability to hold onto our players :roll: I have had this arguement with a few on here before (mainly our sensitive moderator it should be said :wink: ) but any top player like cesc could not and should not be happy with not winning trophies and losing good players. Everytime we lose a player it sets the team back two steps and makes it that much harder to acheive our aims.

I have brought up this arguement before regarding our lack of squad investment and I will ask the question again - Was David Dein so wrong in the 1st place (i'm talking pre usmanov here) when he voiced concerns regarding the lack of funds for buying players as a result of the new stadium and his quest to bring in new investors as a result :?: Over the last few summers we have had henry (captain at the time) & gallas (current capt) voice their concerns re team investment and if cesc decided that he wasnt going to win things at Arsenal in the near future and left us where would we the fans stand on the issue ? How far would it set us back to lose a player like cesc who is now the pivotal player in the team ?

I know this talk could all be moot if we do go out and buy big time in the summer and show our players and fans that we mean business but if we are honest not many are confident of that happening. If we do not and it unsettles cesc and a few others who will be blamed ? Would it be down to wengers stubborness or down to a lack of funding ? One way or another someone should be held responsible and if we do not invest sufficently in the summer then in my opinion either the board or the manager should be forced to step down - it is one thing losing players like PV4 & henry who are 30 years old but a totally different matter to lose a player like cesc who in his early 20's is yet to hit his peak and I for one would rather have a DD/usmanov partnership at the helm than lose cesc this summer

fridge

Post by fridge »

I think this is the major sticking point with the fans at the moment.

Is the club lying to us about funding??

If Keith Edelmen is saying there is 70 million avialable then why not buy world class players. Example Fernando Torres, You could say 25 million Arsenal wont pay that what a gamble. But the player is world class, what value is he now?

If there is limited funds then why not just say it?

Every Arsenal fan would understand and get on with supporting Arsene, but not as it stands at the moment.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Magic Merse wrote:
flash gunner wrote:I agree Donaldo its gonna be a nervy summer. First it was Vieira leaving every summer, then Henry, now Fabregas. When are we gonna have a summer that we get excited about? I can see the back headlines of every tabloid now FABREGAS TO MADRID
I think that is one of the headlines we wont see. Fab is a barc boy born and bred so i have massive reservations over whether he would go to real.
MM you know what im getting at..... Let me change it what worries me is the headlines FABREGAS TO MADRID/BARCELONA
Last edited by flash gunner on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magic Merse

Post by Magic Merse »

There is a good evaluation of our funds on http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk

The way he looks at our finances is

£70m Cash, of which £25m is set aside if we go behind on the stadium payments and circa £20m on future payments ie walcott, sagna etc. Which leaves us with the more likely sum of a £25m 'war chest'.

I could easily see wenger spending that this summer. Probably on various 3-5m buys and not on £19m Amauri or £25m Villa.