Nasri will be an Arsenal player

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shimmy21

Nasri will be an Arsenal player

Post by shimmy21 »

A £12M deal should be sorted by tomorrow.

He is set to agree terms and go through a medical tomorrow too.

Source is: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20080521 ... e_Dev.html

This is like the major sports newspaper in France is much more reliable than the sun etc.

Translated to English
Respected French sports newspaper L’Equipe claim Marseille play maker Samir Nasri will sign for Arsenal tomorrow afternoon, before he returns to France’s Clairefontaine training camp to prepare for the forthcoming European Championships.

Young Guns reported earlier in the week about the possible transfer in the comment sections, however since then Marseille based sports newspaper La Provence have confirmed the transfer will take place for a fee of €17.5 million or around £12.5 million pounds. L’Equipe claims it could be as little as €15 million, with the player due in London tomorrow for a medical and personal terms.

Only recently Samir signed a new long term contract to 2012, but it later emerged that included in the deal was a release fee between the aforementioned €15-17 million Euro. He is expected to be the replacement for out going Alexander Hleb, which Young Guns speculated could be in talks with FC Barcelona. So despite featuring as an attacking midfielder, Wenger it seems will play Nasri on the wings as he has done with Robert Pires, Alex Hleb, and more recently Tomas Rosicky.

Nasri is expected in London early tomorrow morning, where he will meet with Arsenal officals to agree personal terms, and undergo a medical at the Shenley based training centre. He will then travel to the Emirates Stadium where he will be shown around, before having pictures taken for the clubs official website. His day will end as he flys back to France at 19.30 hours for French national team training.
:D

bigreddave

Post by bigreddave »

Let's hope so, although I was expecting ben arfa to fill the wide spot left by hleb, but hey let's just be happy we look set to aquire one of french footballs up and coming stars. :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

L'Equipe got the Henry to Barca story wel before the UK media.

Hope Arsene knows what he is doing for that moeny on a player who has had injuries and falls over a lot.

T.S

Post by T.S »

L'Equipe are actually well-known shit stirrers, so just because they're saying it, doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Still, if it is true, then great. A new signing. Can't wait to see him in action.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Just watched his video on YouTube (that's right, Gus) and it would appear we're going to be replacing someone with quick feet and who can't shoot with...you guessed it, someone with quick feet and who can't shoot. Fabulous! :lol: :roll:

Oh, and please, no more threads on Nasri, OK? Even if he signs. This one will do.

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

tonysaunders wrote:Just watched his video on YouTube (that's right, Gus) and it would appear we're going to be replacing someone with quick feet and who can't shoot with...you guessed it, someone with quick feet and who can't shoot. Fabulous! :lol: :roll:

Oh, and please, no more threads on Nasri, OK? Even if he signs. This one
will do.

...or the original one? :roll:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6965

Zimgooner

Post by Zimgooner »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... sri121.xml

Marseille playmaker Samir Nasri will sign for Arsenal this afternoon, according to reports in France.

Imminent: Reports say Arsenal will secure Nasri's signature today
Nasri, who has been described as the new Zinedine Zidane, will undergo a medical in London before returning to his Clairefontaine training camp this evening to begin preparations for the upcoming European Championship.

It is believed that Arsenal have reached an agreement with Marseille over a transfer fee, which is understood to be around £12 million, and that Nasri will visit the Emirates stadium this afternoon for photographs to be taken with Arsene Wenger.

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

I read reports on the news now website and its saying he should be at Arsenal very soon is he any good?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

As much as I admire Wenger for buying little known players and creating world stars, I'm not so sure that he can still keep doing it. What the team needs, is a good bit of experience, probably the 'finished article' not another player that will spend a season adapting to the English league. In previous years, we shrugged our shoulders and got on with it, but now, we need some bigger names that can turn matches our way. In the last months of the season, we lacked that bit of spark and talent to win the bigger matches and that's what we need if we are seriously considering a title push next year. Right now, I'm starting to wonder if the club actually wants to invest in potential title winners or whether they're happy allowing the big names to drift off every summer.

DeMoN

Post by DeMoN »

Bergkamp95 wrote:I read reports on the news now website and its saying he should be at Arsenal very soon is he any good?
Good? Very Good. Better than Hleb :P. Arsenal will be more effective in scoring goals with Nasri in squad. Watch my compilation on youtube[link].

Soon, maybe on Euro 2008 he will show more of fans what he can do... as a "New Zidane" :).

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

DeMoN wrote:
Bergkamp95 wrote:I read reports on the news now website and its saying he should be at Arsenal very soon is he any good?
Good? Very Good. Better than Hleb :P. Arsenal will be more effective in scoring goals with Nasri in squad. Watch my compilation on youtube[link].

Soon, maybe on Euro 2008 he will show more of fans what he can do... as a "New Zidane" :).
Even a work colleague of mine (a spurs fan) said to me that Nasri is a very good player and at the end of the day us Arsenal fans settle for the best. Thanks for that as well DeMoN :D
Last edited by Bergkamp95 on Wed May 21, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeMoN

Post by DeMoN »

Bergkamp95 wrote:Thanks for that as well DeMoN :D
No problem(o) :wink: .

Samir Nasri has got great potencial to be a big star. Also with Arsene help he can adapt as quick as Sagna. Soon we will see "new Hleb" goals and assists :P. And - especially - "new Hleb" effective dribbling creating goal chances - not stoping the team :P.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

HALELUJAH

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

DeMoN wrote:
Bergkamp95 wrote:Thanks for that as well DeMoN :D
No problem(o) :wink: .

Samir Nasri has got great potencial to be a big star. Also with Arsene help he can adapt as quick as Sagna. Soon we will see "new Hleb" goals and assists :P. And - especially - "new Hleb" effective dribbling creating goal chances - not stoping the team :P.
Remember there a few years back we had Pires and Ljungberg scoring from the flanks i think and i know everyone thinks we badly need a lot more goals from midfield especially from both flanks i reckon that's is why we have being struggling to bring back silverware to the grove. Just look at ronaldo scored over 60 goals in the last two seasons and won two premier leagues. With Nasri in the side if all goes well we might get more goals from the middle of the park.

shimmy21

Post by shimmy21 »

Oh, and please, no more threads on Nasri, OK? Even if he signs. This one will do.
sorry mate...
[/quote]